what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, i'm pretty annoyed with the situation I find myself in at the moment and I really dont know what to do about it. This might take a while.

I was rostered on to work tonight (Wednesday), therefore I knew I would miss Origin 1. My boss told me months ago that I would have to work 1 of the games, and the other 2 casual guys at my work would have to work 1 each as well. (There are only 3 casuals and 2 full timers upstairs where i work). My boss said that since I get through the most work, I can choose what game I wanna work. I've booked tickets/hotels/flights etc. for game 3, and game 2 is in Sydney and I now have tickets for that, so I told him i'd work game 1 since I have tickets for the other 2 already so he was sweet with that. So basically there was no getting out of this shift because nobody else would take it.

Anyway, I had tickets to the Wollongong Presests concert which was supposed to be on last Thursday Night. One of the band members was sick, therefore it was postponed till Wednesday Night. Obviously I couldn't get out of work so I couldnt go to the concert. I had tickets with 3 of my friends (lets call them J, B and G). Anyway, I looked up on the website where the tickets were from (J bought the tickets months ago on his credit card). It said since the concert was postponed, if you were unable to attend then you can get a refund by sending your ticket back in. I was like sweet, ok i'll do that.

Now, on Thursday, Friday and Sunday Night I was hanging out with these guys and I told them that I was going to send my ticket back in and get a refund. They were like OK sweet, we'll still go etc.

Anyway, I'm at work tonight and G messages me going "haha." I replied back "are you guys in Wollongong yet? and let J know that I need to get my ticket back by the end of the week to send it in for a refund". G replies saying "too late. Eileen took it. hehe"...so naturally I thought umm ok cool...then I replied back "ahh ok, i'll just get her to give me the money then". G never replied back.

It looks as though G has given her MY ticket for FREE. Eileen apparently cancelled her shift at her work tonight to go to the concert when G told her I couldn't go, therefore we had a spare ticket. I didn't know any of this until 6pm tonight, when they'd already walked into the venue and I got the message. So now I'm obviously not going to be able to get a refund of my $70 ticket since it has been used.

Keep in mind, I told G especially at least 4 times that I was going to get my ticket refunded and that, then it has been given away for free, which I knew nothing about. I was really pissed off when I worked out what was going on...I threw a chair at work. $70 isn't really that much, but its not the point. The principal that my ticket was given away without my knowledge after I paid for it, and I'd told them I could get a refund.

Obviously I can't exactly ask Eileen to pay for the ticket now. She was told it was free so its not her fault at all. She might not have went if she knew she had to pay for it. Now this G bloke I fight with once every few months over something. He is the type of guy that will scab his way out of anything. He still hasn't paid me back $20 for NYE when I paid for a carton of beer and he said he'd put in half. I got over that coz he won tickets to good vibes and gave me one, but yeah...he isn't gonna cough up $70 for this, no way.

What would you suggest I do. I'm honestly ready to cut off all ties with G. He'll laugh it off when i confront him about it and he can be a really arrogant guy sometimes. Its obviously not Eileens fault, so I can't ask her for the money...I really dunno how to handle this. I think J and B will back up G as well when it comes down to it so I got no idea.

Ahmed

Mr.Plasma
Reaction score
Tell him "**** off idiot" slap him in the back of the head and say "cough up fool" if he doesn't just take his wallet. LOL

M

MikeyP..

money/concert tickets, shouldn't be a reason to quit your ties with him. Talk with him about it without your other mates around and ask him if he is going to pay you back for the ticket he gave away. But don't be a douche about it.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if this happeend to me, personally i find one of the ugliest traits of anybody is to be a tight arse, and ***s around wid money. I WIll tel him listen u ***ed around with my ticket, and ur guan be the one paying me back for it. Do not get off his back about it. if he doesnt pay u back in say a month, its time to get physical.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Just say "hey g, where my monies cuz?"....

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahahaha lost your money
Clamp

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I agree with Hassoon, you have been clamped i am afraid :(

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently Mods er concert goers have been told they need to clamp down on rogue friends attending concerts

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
make him pay for it, toughen up!!

Kent Brockman

Kennel Established
Reaction score
harden the **** up, glass him and eileen

tell them you want the money in 24 hours or repeat glassing will occur

you gotta be a mans man

at the moment your a girly man

HTH

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
For you to even post this means you need to grow up. By reading all of it, you REALLY need to grow up.

Be a man and confront/demand that money off either of them. One way or another, you have to get that money, otherwise you look like a p*ssy to others, and to yourself. That's exactly what you don't want.

I don't understand why you need our advice. It goes without saying what you have to do.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

you gotta be a mans man

HTH
Take this flat womens advice

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

you gotta be a mans man

HTH
ur the biggest girl on fb, so i wuldnt talk much. Ur statuses are always sooking. JESUS , GOD !!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Throw your hands up in de ayr, throw your hands up in de ayrrr..

Status
Not open for further replies.