What now for Season 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Do the boys come together and fight for the premiership or do we derail.

Sounded like James Graham believes we can take on the premiership.

What are your thoughts?

I really hope this saga brings us closer rather than destroy our football.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Depending on how many taps on shoulders there are. If so many guys are speaking out it doesnt sound good and could implode.
Not letting the guys play City v Country, Reynolds on the move with no confirmed replacement.
Who bloody knows, I hope for one they try to make the most of it and make a real run of it. But thats Optimistic.

Reactions: DT

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have always been proud of our club's achievement in always fielding competitive teams that always put in their all.

At least in seasons past that is. Even years when we missed the finals and we finished 9th, 10th or 11th we would fight hard and have a lot of games lost less than 6 points.

Part of the relentless negatively on this Kennel Forum I think is in large part due to the fact a lot of us feel that a lot of players in the current team don't always put in 100% or just don't have sufficient pride in the Jersey.

End of last season the way that Williams, Fualalo, Holland and Brown fell off one on one tackles was inexcusable.

Mybe again this season just doesn't seem to putting in?
Is it lack of talent, lack of confidence? What is up with him?

Generally the team turns up and defends well.
Their try line defence I think is very good.

Personally I think our halves just aren't good enough to allow this team to challenge for the premiership.

It will be a big step forward if we can get Foran to agree to terms. Also my preference would be to get another club to take Mybe, even if we have to chip in to sweeten the deal.

Apparently he has a back ended deal where he is $800k plus per year for final 2 years.
I have given up on Mybe. We all see flashes of brillance but far to rare.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a write off, we should use to our advantage and promote some juniors to see if they have it or not. I didn't think we would win the comp at the start of the year and these distractions of contract talks will only wear the players down ever more.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have always been proud of our club's achievement in always fielding competitive teams that always put in their all.

At least in seasons past that is. Even years when we missed the finals and we finished 9th, 10th or 11th we would fight hard and have a lot of games lost less than 6 points.

Part of the relentless negatively on this Kennel Forum I think is in large part due to the fact a lot of us feel that a lot of players in the current team don't always put in 100% or just don't have sufficient pride in the Jersey.

End of last season the way that Williams, Fualalo, Holland and Brown fell off one on one tackles was inexcusable.

Mybe again this season just doesn't seem to putting in?
Is it lack of talent, lack of confidence? What is up with him?

Generally the team turns up and defends well.
Their try line defence I think is very good.

Personally I think our halves just aren't good enough to allow this team to challenge for the premiership.

It will be a big step forward if we can get Foran to agree to terms. Also my preference would be to get another club to take Mybe, even if we have to chip in to sweeten the deal.

Apparently he has a back ended deal where he is $800k plus per year for final 2 years.
I have given up on Mybe. We all see flashes of brillance but far to rare.
Mbye has a "ratcheting" contract so it's a certain percentage of the salary cap that he gets paid. He will be close to a million next year.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Same thing as what happened with Ennis, will make the grandfinal and Reynolds will get injured and we lose:(

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
tell them further retention will be based on form.....reputation and size of your salary means fuckall perform or go fellas

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing as what happened with Ennis, will make the grandfinal and Reynolds will get injured and we lose:(
I count myself as an extremely passionate supporter of the dogs and anyone that knows me knows that all too well but the past 3-4 years have really taken its toll on me and the way i view games.
How anyone could even for a moment think this current crop of players could make a gf is amazing, bloody amazing actually.
This team is battered and beyond repair imo sadly and far too much has happened of late to make anything better again only my humble opinion.
Comparison to the 95 team is nice and nostalgic but i doubt possible.
Good luck to them all and i will be watching but change is a coming and its about bloody time.

Status
Not open for further replies.