What makes point piper more expensive than Bankstown?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
every seaside suburb has higher property values then bankstown in sydney
Well I’d love to live in an apartment off the beach just to enjoy Summer breeze more than anything else. Also if it’s a hot day and there’s no breeze just go for a dip in the rock pool.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah like I say, fewer wogs.
Less wogs means more little wimps who are afraid of their own shadow.
You know the one's who have auto lock set on their vehicle and only pay by card because they never carry cash?

Gentrification!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I’d love to live in an apartment off the beach just to enjoy Summer breeze more than anything else. Also if it’s a hot day and there’s no breeze just go for a dip in the rock pool.
A friend of Mine thought like that and bought a unit right on the water at shark bay. Then he got hit with a $250k bill to correct the concrete cancer caused by the sea salt etc

expensive swim.. do you get that problem in Bankstown or even Campbelltown?

I can understand that at the end of the day it comes down to demand for the property but people pay more to get the concrete cancer?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another quality thread.. It has nothing to do with the harbour views or being in the Eastern Suburbs...
let’s unpack your comment, being in the eastern suburbs? Living near a b grade celebrity? What is the appeal?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have analysed the property market in Sydney and it comes down to proximity to the following:

CBD, education - school/uni, housing commission, immigrants, bogans, renters.
perhaps renters should move out and buy a place where they can afford, broken hill etc? Is it better to own in broken hill or rent in Sydney? In 30 years time the owner in broken hill will have more wealth to show for themselves

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember an older renters thread I started a good 10+ years back where renters argued house prices were ridiculous. They were around $500,000 back then. Fast forward and the renters still argue the same but property values are at $1.2m.. the home owners surged ahead in wealth and the renters have an empty pair of hands to show for themselves, their rents also doubled

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Less wogs means more little wimps who are afraid of their own shadow.
You know the one's who have auto lock set on their vehicle and only pay by card because they never carry cash?

Gentrification!
Sounds like you’re describing wogs?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember an older renters thread I started a good 10+ years back where renters argued house prices were ridiculous. They were around $500,000 back then. Fast forward and the renters still argue the same but property values are at $1.2m.. the home owners surged ahead in wealth and the renters have an empty pair of hands to show for themselves, their rents also doubled
They also voted Labor thinking they will help out the battlers/renters... rent freezes, air bnb crack down, etc the usual bs political spin. Nek Minnit, record migration figures and surging rents under Labor.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
perhaps renters should move out and buy a place where they can afford, broken hill etc? Is it better to own in broken hill or rent in Sydney? In 30 years time the owner in broken hill will have more wealth to show for themselves
lol I get your point but come on Broken Hill is too far and there is not enough work out there. I know people who do a Central Coast to Sydney commute just to own a property. It is really a question of how far you are willing to commute in Australia for work.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
More:
Jewish money
Waterfront
Proximity to beach
Proximity to city
Less:
Crime
Refugees
Wogs
Housing commission

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a status symbol as well. I see it as similar to owning the best in class vehicle. Why do people own high end expensive to service Euro cars when they could get an i30? Why service a multi-million dollar mortgage? Because you can and it shows status to others within your circle.

There is also a class divide especially in Sydney, where they look down on those out west. We saw that exemplified with the farcical lockdowns where they (politicians, medical elite, media mouthpieces) targeted residents of Western Sydney.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone says less houso.
How many people have gone for a stroll through Woolloomooloo, which isn't too far from Point Piper?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A friend of Mine thought like that and bought a unit right on the water at shark bay. Then he got hit with a $250k bill to correct the concrete cancer caused by the sea salt etc

expensive swim.. do you get that problem in Bankstown or even Campbelltown?

I can understand that at the end of the day it comes down to demand for the property but people pay more to get the concrete cancer?
I actually agree - the problems from sea salt are numerous and never ending. They also eat away at wooden and colorbond fences, anything metal, painted surfaces etc… in short it’s a real bitch. However if money isn’t an object that’s the one reason I’d live by the sea.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a status symbol as well. I see it as similar to owning the best in class vehicle. Why do people own high end expensive to service Euro cars when they could get an i30? Why service a multi-million dollar mortgage? Because you can and it shows status to others within your circle.

There is also a class divide especially in Sydney, where they look down on those out west. We saw that exemplified with the farcical lockdowns where they (politicians, medical elite, media mouthpieces) targeted residents of Western Sydney.
I wonder this Also.. when I walk to my new i30 with 6000km on it I wonder if I should have been a bullshit person and for similar money bought a high
Mileage AMG.. they no doubt look cooler and perform better but have a far less useful life and far higher maintenance costs

both new i30 and used AMG drivers look down at one another with distain thinking they are the mug …the i30 owner smirking at them thinking pretender, trying to show off but those maintenance costs 5 times what I would pay are killing them, plus no warranty haha… the used AMG drivers look at me thinking look at him In his i30.. when my old Car was new 10 years ago it was worth 5 times his car. The girls will see I drive a Mercedes

Last edited:

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder this Also.. when I walk to my new i30 with 6000km on it I wonder if I should have been a bullshit person and for similar money bought a high
Mileage AMG.. they no doubt look cooler and perform better but have a far less useful life and far higher maintenance costs

both new i30 and used AMG drivers look down at one another with distain thinking they are the mug …the i30 owner smirking at them thinking pretender, trying to show off but those maintenance costs 5 times what I would pay are killing them, plus no warranty haha… the used AMG drivers look at me thinking look at him In his i30.. when my old Car was new 10 years ago it was worth 5 times his car. The girls will see I drive a Mercedes
We now know what the i in i30 stands for

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fewer wogs means more WHITE TRASH, I'd much rather live amongst ethnics than the white trash.
I'd rather live in downtown Beruit AKA Bankstown than Boganville AKA Campbelltown and surrounding houso suburbs.