What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a great series, and the initial movies.
Pedersen is underrated (imo), he really excels in these gritty Aus dramas. He had a similar role in "The Circuit" (court prosecutor), was good value in the Jack Irish series & another which escapes my memory atm.
One thing for sure, the makers do a a really good job portraying life in the out back communities.
This show has been on my to do list for some time, to watch through iview. Just finding time between episodes of fucking Paw Patrol....

With 7, 9 and 10 all going down the trash reality TV route, its up to SBS and ABC to produce the quality.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I truly love shows like Walking Dead, Black Mirror, Lost in Space ( any sci fi for that matter) and the like but I must be getting girly in my old age as I have been bingeing on Call the Midwife and Doc Martin plus George Gently...COVID 19 restrictions will do that to you I guess.....

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This show has been on my to do list for some time, to watch through iview. Just finding time between episodes of fucking Paw Patrol....

With 7, 9 and 10 all going down the trash reality TV route, its up to SBS and ABC to produce the quality.
SBS has potential until they lost the Champions League. Looks like they were handed a lifeline when Optus stuffed up the 2018 World Cup. No more shows like Pizza or South Park, Swift and Shift Couriers etc and now having commercials during a show... they've taken a huge plummet.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
SBS has potential until they lost the Champions League. Looks like they were handed a lifeline when Optus stuffed up the 2018 World Cup. No more shows like Pizza or South Park, Swift and Shift Couriers etc and now having commercials during a show... they've taken a huge plummet.
Hard to keep making quality programming when your budgets keep getting cut I guess.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Run out of stuff to watch on Netflix, giving Stan a go again. Watching Justified.

Yellowstone is a good watch also, though the Last Ship was good but no more seasons for that has been canned.

There's some decent shows on Stan. If you haven't watched them already I would recommend:

- Preacher
- Catch 22
- Black Sails
I concur, Black Sails is in my top 5, Justified in top 10. Both great shows

Car Masters and Rust Valley Restorers are my favs. Hyperdrive is also good as it's like the car version of Ninja Warrior... all 3 shows are great.
Which do you think does the better job/restoration?
Personally I like Rust valley, primarily because he restores to original (when possible), but damn that Constance

Wahesh

Reaction score
I concur, Black Sails is in my top 5, Justified in top 10. Both great shows

Which do you think does the better job/restoration?
Personally I like Rust valley, primarily because he restores to original (when possible), but damn that Constance
Rust Valley restores better because most of the time it's a rust bucket they're restoring. GG do more of an enhancement for a lot of their projects on top of minor repairs.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've taken up the free trial of Stan to watched Better Call Saul s5 (which I already did).

Has anybody watched billions?

I'd heard of it and it has a high rating on imdb (8.4), so thinking of trying to watch it before my trial expires.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Watching History 101 on Netflix. Not bad but mainly centred around America,

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of Space Force. So far I'm enjoying it, but the jokes are very vague and political. If you're not up to date with a lot of the US culture surrounding Trump and the whole Space Force thing then a lot of it will go straight over your head. I was laughing at a lot of it and the Mrs was staring at me trying to figure out what I found funny.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of Space Force. So far I'm enjoying it, but the jokes are very vague and political. If you're not up to date with a lot of the US culture surrounding Trump and the whole Space Force thing then a lot of it will go straight over your head. I was laughing at a lot of it and the Mrs was staring at me trying to figure out what I found funny.
Snowpiercer is what I'm watching right now. I reckon you'll like it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Snowpiercer is what I'm watching right now. I reckon you'll like it.
Yeah, caught the first 3 episodes. I like that it's a bit different to the movie. But I did groan when they said "1,001 train cars". Just felt like they expanded it to drag it out.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Archer season 10.

It’s good to know there is someone who makes worst decisions than Pay.

Even though it is a animated character who always wins in the end.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Re-watched Don't F**k With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer about Luka Magnotta.

I just got a question about the penalty and I think @Hacky McAxe can help with this:

upload_2020-6-9_13-14-45.png

So he's been sentenced to 25-life meaning he'll be paroled in 25 years if eligible. It says however plus 19 years to be served concurrently. Does that mean the 19 is counted within the 25 years, not on top, meaning he'll serve 25 and not 44?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Re-watched Don't F**k With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer about Luka Magnotta.

I just got a question about the penalty and I think @Hacky McAxe can help with this:

View attachment 15202

So he's been sentenced to 25-life meaning he'll be paroled in 25 years if eligible. It says however plus 19 years to be served concurrently. Does that mean the 19 is counted within the 25 years, not on top, meaning he'll serve 25 and not 44?
Yep. Concurrent is that it still counts as a conviction but it's counted in the 25 years. The reason they do this is so you can't parole early on the reduced crime and it also holds more weight on a possible later parole.

The alternative is consecutively, where you serve the initial 25 years then the 19 years.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yep. Concurrent is that it still counts as a conviction but it's counted in the 25 years. The reason they do this is so you can't parole early on the reduced crime and it also holds more weight on a possible later parole.

The alternative is consecutively, where you serve the initial 25 years then the 19 years.
He was 30 when arrested so he'll be 55 by the time he'll be eligible for parole. I wonder how the world will react to that.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was 30 when arrested so he'll be 55 by the time he'll be eligible for parole. I wonder how the world will react to that.
Thing is, just because his eligible for parole he can still be denied. If they still think he is problematic for outside in society, his eligibility every time can be denied til the day he dies in prison. Hence 25 to life.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Thing is, just because his eligible for parole he can still be denied. If they still think he is problematic for outside in society, his eligibility every time can be denied til the day he dies in prison. Hence 25 to life.
Yeah I know man but if you look at the guy and his mannerisms, I think it'll be hard to deny him parole. When he was arrested and questioned, he was scared and shy. I can't see him causing any problems in prison because he'll likely be the one who gets bullied/picked on. If that's the case then I think they can release him as he won't be an instigator when it comes to trouble.