BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Perrett
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Stanley

I wouldn't mind seeing this at some stage this year providing they are all firing. Thompson has improved but is still a seat warmer. Imagine Tupou v Thompson? I'm fairly sure he'll be marking RTS though.. which is frightening.
That's what I believe is our strongest back line possible right now.

TheHawk

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mate what do you honestly see in him? If it wasn't for him we would have won against penrith they scored 2 of their tries from Simmons jumpin over his head. You can't say yeah he has some errors but that's fine he a solid player. These errors are game changers and determine who wins. He is not first grade material and to say he should have a go at fullback that will surely make us a laughing stock. Perrett should stay there till we find someone and when we do the backs should look like this.
1. Mystery new signing
2.perret
3.morris
4.lafai
5.inu

That's a very capable back line if you put Thompson there then there is a weakness and greater chnace of vein bombardered.

P.s I don't mean to come across rude or me know it all I just love the dogs and want to win lol
What a load of shit.

Not only did he score a try himself and set one up in that game he saved one with a beautiful cover tackle on a man who was destined to score.

All of you were worrying like women about Sisa Waqa dominating last week. What happened? Sisa Waqa scored exactly and did exactly 0, and Corey put him on his arse.

Thompson has been an absolute beast in defence for the team in the opening four rounds. Just because he's not as tall as you might want wingers to be doesn't make him any less of a player. The fact that you're calling him to be dropped is a joke.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Only ones I'd go after-

Marika Koroibete, Josh Mansour, Eto Nabuli, David Nofoaluma, Ken Sio

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
After putting 40 on Melbourne it was always going to be hard to make any sort of changes barring injuries or suspensions.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What a load of shit.

Not only did he score a try himself and set one up in that game he saved one with a beautiful cover tackle on a man who was destined to score.

All of you were worrying like women about Sisa Waqa dominating last week. What happened? Sisa Waqa scored exactly and did exactly 0, and Corey put him on his arse.

Thompson has been an absolute beast in defence for the team in the opening four rounds. Just because he's not as tall as you might want wingers to be doesn't make him any less of a player. The fact that you're calling him to be dropped is a joke.
What about the Penrith game?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a load of shit.

Mate did you not read the part where I said these minor errors he has can cost us a game e.g penrith game. It's supporters like you or whoever you are who have no clue that should not be allowed to have an opinion

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Perrett
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Stanley

Don't understand why Des doesn't consider this at all..its the most common sense thing to do...no offense to Thompson but this is our strongest backline against the Roosters

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Perrett
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Stanley

Don't understand why Des doesn't consider this at all..its the most common sense thing to do...no offense to Thompson but this is our strongest backline against the Roosters
I agree and also think it's our strongest back line, but we don't know if it's inu not training well maybe attitude problem who's and it's hard to change a winning side but I think this will end up our best backline

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I think Des definately wants Kas in the team but is probably trying to make him earn it...The longer he stays in NSW cup the better he will play imo.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to say. Thompson is an excellent player but his height is a liability. That said, in the Panthers game his height cost us a try but even then he did the smart thing. He knew he couldn't out jump Simmons so he tackled him and it was unlucky that Simmons still managed to get the ball down. Next try he stopped Simmons from scoring but Simmons offloaded. Not his fault that he can't tackle 2 people at a time.

The 3rd attempt he made one of the best try saving tackles since George Gregan. On the error side of things he had 2 knockons (both of which were not knockons but just tough calls)

Against Melbourne he was rock solid. Inu on the other hand struggled against a terrible NSW Cup team.

Long story short. Why would you remove someone who has been solid and replace with someone who isn't up to match fitness yet. I hope Inu gets back in the squad but until there's an injury, or if Morris gets selected for NSW, then I don't see him getting back in.

TheHawk

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mate did you not read the part where I said these minor errors he has can cost us a game e.g penrith game. It's supporters like you or whoever you are who have no clue that should not be allowed to have an opinion
Ummm excuse me dipshit, you talk about minor errors in Corey's game which have been very few, yet you completely ignore the career of 'minor' errors that have been in Inu's game since his debut?

It's supporters like you or whoever you are who have no clue that should not be allowed to have an opinion.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think when mitch brown is back there is going to be a real fight for the other wing spot. Regardless of what everyone here thinks of mitch, des appears to really rate him and i see no reason why des won't just slot him straight back in with either corey/stanley/inu on the other wing. I think it's a good problem to have, let them fight for their positions and he with the most form wins.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to Inu coming back.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's simple, Inu and Kas were both injured to start the season.
Both are now back and have had to tune up in NSW cup.
Both haven't been impressive there yet but that's why they are there ( to tune up).
Our current 1st grade team is improving each week and although against a Storm side minus Cam Smith we scored 40 points, hardly the time to drop players for no good reason and create a negative vibe.
Both Inu and Kas will get there shot but both need to be back on top of their games, weight and fitness first.
Both of them at their best will walk back into the team with ease.
They obviously aren't ready yet, and we are holding our own without them for now.
Des would be watching them closely as he would want them to be at their best sooner rather than later as yes we are a stronger side no doubt with the both of them fit and firing.
I'd rather stick to what we know for now then to rush back players who could be a liability if they aren't fit and even risk them to further injury.
Also it is well documented that the game is much faster this season so guys like Kas will struggle big time if he's not 100% fit.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Inu is known for brain explosions and making stupid errors frequently. If his form warrants selection then far call. At the moment he has no form therefore he doesn't deserve a spot. Its Thompson, Stanley or Brown to battle it out for our wing spots.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In 2012 KK played very well and even Trent couldnt shift him from the side when he cam back from his injury.

If the team performs well and keeps winning each week, i just cant see anyone getting dropped.

The only way someone will loose their spot is if they get injured eg: Mitch Brown

moore.pls

New Pup
Reaction score
Thomo didn't lose us the Penriff game, that's a bit harsh. I don't even blame T-rex. The whole side were only on for about 50-60 mins, and they all clocked off 2 mins early.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ummm excuse me dipshit, you talk about minor errors in Corey's game which have been very few, yet you completely ignore the career of 'minor' errors that have been in Inu's game since his debut?

It's supporters like you or whoever you are who have no clue that should not be allowed to have an opinion.
Your a joke mate lol.
These minor errors cost us games and are the difference between winning and losing a game. Just imagine it's 12-12 and thy bomb towards Thompson they jump over him and the other team wins the game. One of the tries scored of Simmons Thompson jumps about 2cm off the ground and tries to knock the ball towards Simmons lol. Hence why I said you don't deserve to have your opinion. Peace

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Corey Thompson was awful against Penrith and thanks to Corey, Dave Simmons looked like a Origin winger LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.