What If next Tuesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
'
you do know if Mbye played yesterday and Fraeley didnt, we lose
Yeah probably but we'll have to see if he adds anything in attack which is where we need the spark

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah probably but we'll have to see if he adds anything in attack which is where we need the spark

yep we have given 3 years to Mbye to prove himself , maybe we can give Frawley an interrupted one season before judging him.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep we have given 3 years to Mbye to prove himself , maybe we can give Frawley an interrupted one season before judging him.
He's technically had one year as a starting half

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's technically had one year as a starting half
Not taking anything away from Frawley but he was playing behind a pack that ran for 1872m.

He hasn't been that consistent in NSW Cup so let's not go off too early.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from Frawley but he was playing behind a pack that ran for 1872m.

Hard to judge him as a ball player in the wet as well. Might be a good option there for the rest of the year but i don't see him as a long term option

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

True this but name me one half that could do anything if his forwards aren't going forward?
There was times there that Frawley was under pressure to kick and even then he kicked better than our current halves kicked with ample of time.
Another thing is that when you play with a crappy team, you look crap. Wonder how Mbye would look in NSW Cup....probably ten times worse.
This was Frawleys debut in 1st grade. For a 22yr old in such a game where they needed to come up with a result and against one the in form teams like the Broncos, I take my hat off to him.
The pressure must have been huge and to do it the way he did is unbelievable.
I'm not saying that he is our complete answer to our halves problem but he showed more composure, better kicking game and kept giving us repeat sets to keep the presssure on. When you get repeat sets, your opponent eventually tires and of course your forwards will make a shit load more meters as the opposition is constantly defending but that's thanks to your good kicking from your half.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the meters gained/frawleys performance topics are co-dependent - the forwards made big meters which makes frawleys job easier, but the forwards were also able to make those meter in part do to superior field position and draining the opposition due to frawleys kicking game. Last few games we're always forced to do so much tackling and scrambling in bad positions that we don't have the gas to roll on in attack through the forwards.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
'
you do know if Mbye played yesterday and Fraeley didnt, we lose
That's debateable. Mbye could have jagged an individual try with his speed as he did against the roosters, or do you have a selective memory.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I would like to see Mbye come off the bench this week

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's debateable. Mbye could have jagged an individual try with his speed as he did against the roosters, or do you have a selective memory.
yeah naa, frawleys far superior kicking game kept the pressure on broncos which didnt let them make them immense meters as evidenct from the game stats.

Mbye would have scored a try but broncos would have scored more without Frawleys kicking game.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True this but name me one half that could do anything if his forwards aren't going forward?
There was times there that Frawley was under pressure to kick and even then he kicked better than our current halves kicked with ample of time.
Another thing is that when you play with a crappy team, you look crap. Wonder how Mbye would look in NSW Cup....probably ten times worse.
This was Frawleys debut in 1st grade. For a 22yr old in such a game where they needed to come up with a result and against one the in form teams like the Broncos, I take my hat off to him.
The pressure must have been huge and to do it the way he did is unbelievable.
I'm not saying that he is our complete answer to our halves problem but he showed more composure, better kicking game and kept giving us repeat sets to keep the presssure on. When you get repeat sets, your opponent eventually tires and of course your forwards will make a shit load more meters as the opposition is constantly defending but that's thanks to your good kicking from your half.
Frawley was excellent he did everything that was asked for him and I agree you can look a lot worse in NSW Cup with the players around you so I was impressed with his game.
The weather and style of game really suited his style you'd want Frawley at halfback every time to guide us home with his kicking and game management.
On the other side of the coin I'm not sure he's to halfback you'd want if you were down by 10 or more points.
He deserves more first grade chances so lets hope we see more of him to make a full judgement if he can be a long term answer.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frawley was excellent he did everything that was asked for him and I agree you can look a lot worse in NSW Cup with the players around you so I was impressed with his game.
The weather and style of game really suited his style you'd want Frawley at halfback every time to guide us home with his kicking and game management.
On the other side of the coin I'm not sure he's to halfback you'd want if you were down by 10 or more points.
He deserves more first grade chances so lets hope we see more of him to make a full judgement if he can be a long term answer.
Great Halfbacks not easy to find.. Hunts on 1 Mill last night and did little to help his team in the last 20mins..

If you can get Good kicking, good passing, good direction, good decision making from a halfback id be content.. anymore is a bonus

We havent had that from Mbye, and hes had enough time to prove himself at 7

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will he give Frawley another shot?!?

Will be an outrage if he doesnt

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
If Des does not pick Frawley for the next game, I think in the press conference, one of the journos should ask,"So Des, what do you have against good spines?"

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone is calling out for mbye to move to hooker or take josh pensioner Morris's left centre position
We all know Des won't drop Morris so he should start with mbye at hooker
It's really not that hard

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is calling out for mbye to move to hooker or take josh pensioner Morris's left centre position
We all know Des won't drop Morris so he should start with mbye at hooker
It's really not that hard
Everybody??

Status
Not open for further replies.