What has to change to turn this club around?

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's going to take time folks, we need some good young kids mixed in with some real hard headed experienced winners

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The disappointment, frustration with results and out right anger with the coach and team is overwhelming on our socials.

Take this also with a grain of salt:

"So Matt Duftys Uncle works where I work and we had a chat and he said to me that Matt is restricted in doing anything on the left hand side (Burton and Addo carr) if you've noticed Dufty hardly ever goes down that side and when he told me it hit me that its true I've hardly seen him play on that side, he's coached not to go to that side and isn't allowed the freedom to do anything but play on that right side.

Bad coaching? Or is it a plan to bring the best out of him?

You decide."

Lol hard to imagine a player's relative commenting like this but who knows but the poster sure dumped on him if true.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus sacked Hook for making it to the top 8 with the Panthers. This bloke should go right now

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The disappointment, frustration with results and out right anger with the coach and team is overwhelming on our socials.

Take this also with a grain of salt:

"So Matt Duftys Uncle works where I work and we had a chat and he said to me that Matt is restricted in doing anything on the left hand side (Burton and Addo carr) if you've noticed Dufty hardly ever goes down that side and when he told me it hit me that its true I've hardly seen him play on that side, he's coached not to go to that side and isn't allowed the freedom to do anything but play on that right side.

Bad coaching? Or is it a plan to bring the best out of him?

You decide."

Lol hard to imagine a player's relative commenting like this but who knows but the poster sure dumped on him if true.
It’s prob true

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Burton looks like he’s only allowed to operate in a space as big as a phone booth.

Just let them play!

Tigers yesterday were impressive cos Maguire stripped it all back, made some key changes and let them have fun

It also helps that Hastings is a damn good player which our coach never thought he was

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
frank pritchard. embraced the dogs with commitment and gave the fans genuine reasons to love him
At their peak Frank, Kasiano and Eastwood really epitomised the modern Bulldogs culture. Speaking of big Frank I hope he's doing well after his health scare recently.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sometimes in life small movements forward are better than huge movements sideways.

The reality is. The team has improved. New combinations are still being developed. We would be 3 from 6 if knockondumdum was not in the side for the first 3 rounds.Unfortunately he was only in the side due to injuries. We have just played the top 4 sides in the comp. We were never going to beat them and the ref.

As much as I loath JMK at hooker he has improved his running. Fucker still cant pass and still has no visuon. But he has still improved. Fortunatelt he will not be here next year? or will be bench player.

The kennel has called for changes to the team Barret made the changes and you guys still say he fucked up.
Agree to disagree.
I stand by my original point:
  • I have seen no evidence of improvement, even with an improved squad.
  • I believe the squad is underachieving, due to attacking structure of our spine not suiting the available players.
Fair dinkum, I want to believe in Barrett, give me any matrix of improvement to hold onto...
Line breaks, meters gained, post contact meters, completion rates... anything I will take it.
But when it comes to imperial evidence on the footy field, I don't believe there is any!

Perhaps Gould believes he is doing everything he reasonably can on the training paddock?

I do trust Gould, that is the only thing giving me hope right now.