What has to change to turn this club around?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deep down I know Gus is burning and wants to do more than he is now.
For sure mate don’t worry things will work out in time.
Gus has only been with us a relatively short period so he deserves the benefit of doubt.
The guys got contacts and wheels will be in motion if these pathetic performances continue.

dave123

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s easy we need to stop trying to play a style of footy we don’t have the style of players we have

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I have not mentioned anything about winning games.
I simply mentioned improvment.

In your mind what are the makers for improvement that needs to be demonstrated?

If we are not improving then what is the point of keeping the coach?
The reason your upset is the lack of winning....

Ive already mentioned that Gus is my hero for getting rid of Smelliot.

The juniour pathways we are already seeing the effect of Gus's influence. Getting rid of Mounties bring them back under Bulldogs banner.

There is a system being implemented. It will take time to get the team to the stability that is required, the pieces are moving into place.

Sure we are all aware of Barretts shortcomings but for now Stability and strength is whats needed. And this is exactly what Gus and co are doing

For the first time in what seems a decade. Gus , khoury and the management team have the club moving forwards. And this is where I see the success.

Last edited:

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are only in round 6 plenty of games to go relax.

the system does work at Penrith so it can work here with the right players.
It works at Penrith because they have a once in a generation 7. We don't even have a legitimate NRL level 7.

Barrett needs to simplify things, play a system that suits the players he has now. At the end of the day he won't be coach if he doesn't start winning some games.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Around 2 to 4 years of careful recruitment and building the right culture and junior development.
Anyone calling for Baz’s head should look at their own career path and challenges.
I'm not in total agreement of TBaz tactics of decisions, there's deeper issues, going to take time. A new coach might bring 1 or 2 wins but going to be continual limbo like Manchester United for eg. Who do they suggest will build up ethos and continued success?
It's going to take ages no matter who is there

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not upset, you keep projecting your own words at me.

I am simply making the point that the team and individual players have not improved under Barrett. I would say we are worse with a better roster than before he started.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am simply making the point that the team and individual players have not improved under Barrett. I would say we are worse with a better roster than before he started.
Apologies was updating my original reply. Please read up.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Ive already mentioned that Gus is my hero for getting rid of Smelliot.

The juniour pathways we are already seeing the effect of Gus's influence. Getting rid of Mounties bring them back under Bulldogs banner.

There is a system being implemented. It will take time to get the team to the stability that is required, the pieces are moving into place.

Sure we are all aware of Barretts shortcomings but for now Stability and strength is whats needed. And this is exactly what Gus and co are doing

For the first time in what seems a decade. Gus , khoury and the management team have the club moving forwards. And this is where I see the success.
The funny thing is Gus is not worried at all but the fans have lost the plot lol… I get it and I have stated that we probably need to replace Barrett but that will be Gus‘s first major decision and he will do what’s best

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing is Gus is not worried at all but the fans have lost the plot lol… I get it and I have stated that we probably need to replace Barrett but that will be Gus‘s first major decision and he will do what’s best
@AlzzBulldog. I quite often disagree with your views on things. I believe rhis is usually the case of looking at 6 and 9.
I agree 100% with what you say here. The fans have lost the plot. 6 games into a season and they want Gus sacked...

Malla

Reaction score
Did people think that signing Gus and bringing in Burton, JAC and a few others would instantly turn us around? It’s not that easy. I think some of you are extremely dellusional and don’t really know how much shit this club was in. We are in the process. This year was always going to be tough. Lower your expectations.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did people think that signing Gus and bringing in Burton, JAC and a few others would instantly turn us around? It’s not that easy. I think some of you are extremely dellusional and don’t really know how much shit this club was in. We are in the process. This year was always going to be tough. Lower your expectations.
yeah and when the Andersons came in they set us back aswell so we are only just starting to come out of it with Koury, Gould etc

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Go look up the 2022 Predictions threads that’s exactly what people thought

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We've recruited well for this year and next year talent wise but we don't have any true leaders.
Look at the top teams and there's 3, 4 even 5 guys who can talk to the boys when they're being challenged and they respond due to the respect they have for these players.
Jacko has done as well as he can but he's clearly knackered and whilst foxxx brings a winning mentality, he wasn't the voice at melbourne - they had Smith, Bromwich, Finucane etc.
We need to get some fucking backbone before we can begin our resurgence.
Talent might win you games but leadership will make you consistent and confident in your ability to see out the close games.
Obviously hindsight now but I would've rather signed Yeo instead of Kikau for that exact reason. Kikau is the wow factor but inconsistent, Yeo is a leader and someone who gets it done week in week out, something we've been missing since the dark Des years.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sometimes in life small movements forward are better than huge movements sideways.

The reality is. The team has improved. New combinations are still being developed. We would be 3 from 6 if knockondumdum was not in the side for the first 3 rounds.Unfortunately he was only in the side due to injuries. We have just played the top 4 sides in the comp. We were never going to beat them and the ref.

As much as I loath JMK at hooker he has improved his running. Fucker still cant pass and still has no visuon. But he has still improved. Fortunatelt he will not be here next year? or will be bench player.

The kennel has called for changes to the team Barret made the changes and you guys still say he fucked up.