What has changed with doggies style.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be fair, Lewis has been in and out of the team all year, so it's a bit unjust to lay the blame directly on him.
I'm not blaming Lewis for our attack .. but I do know we have a more potent attacking half sitting on the bench..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keh?? Calm down dude,you take yourself far too seriously mate and you have interpreted my post differently to what I was trying to convey.. I was not ignoring your facts as they are correct as we did lose a few games by small margins and yes for the fucking 4th or 5th time I will say our attack looks clunky or stifled "take your pick"

I wasn't being nostalgic for your benefit I was trying to answer or justify my own question as to why this team looks different particularly in the last 8-10 weeks. Is it DWZ, coaching additions, mental attitude change, defence, a change of luck with the refs, combinations forming, end of season contract reviews, rumours of players coming...it could be any of these or all of them but who cares?? Its still good isn't it?

You may also be right about Lewis in the halves but I also think I am right that he needs to be in the team somewhere.. Oh, and we lost the 14 GF in my opinion because Des ball was by then very predictable, the weight of history with Souths not winning for so long, The Refs bias, a hero performance by Sam B and they just wanted it more than us.
Think what you want, our attack is a problem and Lewis won't contribute to rectify that problem.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis also has a never say die attitude. It's not just his tackle efficiency, which is without doubt far superior to any half in the comp, he reads the play well and never gives up on it. This is also an attitude that encourages the rest of the team and gives them faith.
This being said, overall I think DWZ has had the greater influence on te team, and it's no coincidence that our teams defense has improved since he arrived.
I think your both right. You should just concede this point and hug it out.
Hug it out ? I don't think g_dog could bring himself to hugging it out with a pleb.. He's too far up himself. He made it quite clear that my opinions are worthless

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Steve Antonelli is the difference. He’s been given a bit more control and that’s the difference

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne's been fit all year, currently sitting poll position by a mile. We hit our peak this time last year, didnt count. Cant hope to be in a better position reliant on a couple of things going our way threw out the year. Going on that logic alone, if you were to wipe all the dumb penalties we gave away this year we'd be in the top 8. Crazy to suggest, am I wrong? Our attack has been the issue for years. We make the 8 we lose our first game and where out, just like the last year Des got us there.
I would have to agree with the penalties. A lot of our penalties have been relieving penalties rather than when teams are in the attack.
Melbourne were not flash at the start of the year and were outworked and outplayed on many occasions. They take opportunities when presented to them and don’t have to be the dominant team to win a game.