What happens when Hoppa is fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As title suggests, what happens? With Abbey getting better each game with experience and Montoya being comfortable on the wing, where does he fit in?

I know des will most likely drop Abbey, I like what he offers the team. I for one would drop Lee. He's been rocks and diamonds. But his mistake being offside against the broncos was a critical error due to pure laziness. Besides the Storm game he hasn't really offered much.

I have no doubt this is what will happen.

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya

I'd rather this though

1. Abbey
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya

Reactions: DT

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Abbey drops back, Montoya will only hold his spot if Mbye can start to convert consistently.. otherwise i see Holland coming back in on the wing. Round 1 team copy and paste

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Whatever the team was for round 1 is what it'll be when everyone is fit

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa would be a gun centre. He has the footwork and strength to get on the outside of his opposite and his pace is sufficient for a centre. Kinda like Matt Gidley..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If des wouldn't swap in frawley for Mbye he won't be swapping hopoate for abbey.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If abbey is seen as the future he should develop in first grade (you don't improve doing something easier). If both hoppa and abbey are gone next year then move hoppa back up. He might not be the best fullback in the comp but he is safe under kicks and makes decent meters on his returns.

Best scenario as mentioned above is hoppa to centre/wing with Montoya and give lee some time in reserve grade until our next Sunday game :p

But what will Hasler do? When fit hoppa and holland are back in.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Abbey will drop back. He is getting better but has to many errors .

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopoate should be in park footy on Saturday afternoons where all the rest of the part timers play.
Seriously, he has no place in a professional setup, it is a ridiculous joke that he plays in the nrl 'part time'....
We will all be shaking our heads wondering how this ever happened in years to come.
He is average at best also, not worth the destabilising effect he has on the team week to week.
I also find it hilarious that his father was/is such a tragic human to have stuck his digits into blokes on the field yet this Hoppa is so clean, too clean...haha

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happens when Hoppa is fit?

Simple.
We get our part-time fullback back, and drop the rising youngster, just as he starts to feel comfortable.
Cause, des.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can jump on his push bike and door knock till his heart is content for all I care....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des goes back to his nutty professor formula and brings back the A team from last season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well think about it for a moment.

His broken face won't stop his going around touring other clubs facilities.

Hope he's using his time off sensibly, because he wont be here in 2018 it seems.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless abbey goes to another level in the next few weeks hoppa will be straight back in. Few too many errors in his game at the moment

Malla

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of him going back to fullback given the steady improvement we have seen from Abbey from his debut til now. Would rather him slow into Centre with Lee going out to the wing.

What I have noticed from Abbey that Hoppa doesnt do is his support play and he is always following through up the middle. Few occasions he has over stept the play, that he will get better with in time, but it seems like Hoppa doesn't do it at all. We actually scored a try last week off Abbey's support play. Haven't seen a fullback of our support that way since Barba lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As title suggests, what happens? With Abbey getting better each game with experience and Montoya being comfortable on the wing, where does he fit in?

I know des will most likely drop Abbey, I like what he offers the team. I for one would drop Lee. He's been rocks and diamonds. But his mistake being offside against the broncos was a critical error due to pure laziness. Besides the Storm game he hasn't really offered much.

I have no doubt this is what will happen.

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya

I'd rather this though

1. Abbey
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
Not that I agree with it, but considering that Hoppa is Dessies b*tch, yes, that will happen.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Abbeys cost us tries in each of the games he has played. Hoppa is a certainty to return to FB. Abbey needs more work and his attack isn't even that great.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Straight to fullback, Abbey to reserves because Des

Status
Not open for further replies.