Opinion What happened to these bulldog players

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just scrolling through some old players who were meant to be future stars and prodigy’s so if anyone can tell me that will be good thanks

Jake kamire huge solid boy that bulldozed the opposition was strong runner and has a bit of speed and leg work for his size

Steve Azzi a consistent workhorse tackled all day and could play 80 minutes wasn’t the best thing but he was consistent and didn’t make hardly any mistakes

Pat templeman I know this guy was behind barba at the time but barba left and this guy wasn’t never herd from again great player with skill and vision

Brad abbey played 4 games for the dogs scored two tries and then went missing

Jon Sila guy in the under 20s was a monster one of the highest try scorers ever and had size speed and strength always dominated the wing and was guaranteed to score a try every game

Ruben Rennie guy was always talked up and the commentators for under 20s were wondering when was him and Jon sila gonna get a run and never did

abou sleiman this kid was good speedy good build fullback who had all the skill To make first grade but never did

Gerard McCallum this guy was a absolute machine and then went completely missing ?

Kayne kalache solid forward with a good motor never got a chance in frist grade but was names 18-19th man a few times but never got used even when the dogs were playing shit house most of those seasons and he played well against Australia and in the World Cup

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Brad Abbey went to the Raiders after the Dogs. Played fullback under Ricky for a handful of games but wasn’t re-signed. Last I heard he had a train and trial deal with the Tigers. He was meant to be the next great fullback but it never really eventuated, he’s still only young.

Kanye Kalache was in the Dogs Canterbury Cup squad but I believe was released at the end of 2020. Don’t know if signed elsewhere, maybe someone else does?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jake Kamire was last playing for Moorebank in Sydney Shield in 2019 I think.

Pat Templeman has been playing QLD Cup since leaving the Dogs.

Ruben Rennie is playing in our reserve grade side.

John Sila went to the Tigers after the Dogs but I haven’t seen him in any other grades for years.

Gerard McCallum went to England and I think QLD Cup after that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brad Abbey went to the Raiders after the Dogs. Played fullback under Ricky for a handful of games but wasn’t re-signed. Last I heard he had a train and trial deal with the Tigers. He was meant to be the next great fullback but it never really eventuated, he’s still only young.

Kanye Kalache was in the Dogs Canterbury Cup squad but I believe was released at the end of 2020. Don’t know if signed elsewhere, maybe someone else does?
Abbey is at North Sydney now and played in a couple of the Chooks trials mate.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who cares? It's more an idictment of how little talent has progressed through the lower grades over the past ten years and how shocking our scouting and development has been thanks to Des and his win now short sighted cap management..

Thankfully for the first time in a long time our junior teams are among the best and we have some genuine talent in those teams. Hopefully finally we can see them coming through to FG because that's the only way you can build a successful club.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

im pretty sure Kane was training with us in the preseason ?? but hasnt been sighted since... i thought he was signed on a train and trial with us .. but no idea where he is now...

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score

Brad Abbey playing for North Sydney Bears

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Reserve graders up against other reserve graders

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They’re all shit.

john sila isn’t he the bloke that was sending dick pics to the physio?

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
John sila was playing group 20 for Griffith about 2-3 years ago....

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They’re all shit.

john sila isn’t he the bloke that was sending dick pics to the physio?
Yeah maybe... but the memory I have of him is that he couldn't tackle to save his life. Sure he was devastating with the ball in hand but in defense, well lets say he may score 1-2 tries a game but if he was targeted it would be an endless stream of tries down his wing.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me or should you not be sending dick pics if your name is Minute (and I’m not referring to the measurement of time) :-).
yes exactly the opposite of huge is..... :laughing: and also i briefly wondered was the physio Male or female...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
abou sleiman this kid was good speedy good build fullback who had all the skill To make first grade but never did
Daniel Abousleiman - last I heard played Japanese Rugby - nothing really eventuated with him at NRL level.