What do you think of Lebron now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I know we have a bball thread but can we keep this separate cause i dont want it to get lost in there lol anyways....

Im just curious as to how people view Lebron now. I have never been the biggest fan of his but admit he is a great player and good to watch but this whole process and decision he made, has left a sour taste & you cant help but feel he gave up and admitted defeat that he couldnt strive and struggle to get that title.

I think NBA fans wanted to "witness" LeBron's journey as a player in the NBA. Here was a guy that has the talent to become one of the all time greats. He had the chance to do something very special for a city that never gets lucky. If LeBron brought ONE title to the cavs, he goes down as one of the best to ever do it.

But he took the easy way out. He took the path of least resistance to get to a title. He has teamed up with 2 of the best players in the game and at 25 years old, seems like he hit the panic button and admitted he cant be the man and get a team there, the journey was cut short.

We can no longer watch LeBron James evolve as a true star. The challenge to be one of the best (if not the greatest player) is over and done with. No matter what he does in Miami, it won't be the same as what Duncan did in SA or what Jordan did in Chicago or even Kobe getting back on top recently etc.

He should not be compared to the likes of Jordan, Duncan, Kobe etc. as those guys stuck it out with there teams (for better and worse) and took their teams to the top. I just think that Lebron sold himself short and we will never see him develop into the player he could of been as life is only going to be easier now as he doesnt have the pressure of being "the man" each night and leading his side to a title.

If the guy wants a ring, goodluck to him but i feel that discussions between he and the other greats cant be brought up anymore. No matter what he achieves in Miami, he will always have this hanging over it and how he couldnt win at the cavs and if he does win (which many expect) then we all saw it coming so its not that special.

Also, the whole process and how he went on national tv etc. was just pathetic imo and showed the true character of the man, that it is always about himself and that he just cares about being the most known and biggest athlete of all time, there is the difference between he and the rest.

Im not trying to bash him or anything but just interested to know how people think this will effect his legacy and standing in the game.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate your spot on.
He had definetly taken the easy option.

I think he will regret his decision soon. Thats if he doesn't regret it already.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well I don't think he will regret. He wants to win the NBA Championship and he will be on more money. Goodluck to him.

I give credit to Lebron he is an outstanding player but he ain't no Jordan.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
why not go? better chance of a championship and Miami fcking beach has got to beat the sh1t out of crappy Cleveland.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Well I don't think he will regret. He wants to win the NBA Championship and he will be on more money. Goodluck to him.

I give credit to Lebron he is an outstanding player but he ain't no Jordan.
He took less money to be with the Miami Heat.

When he looks back after he retires - he will realise whether the decision he has made was the right one.

Agreed that no one can compare him to those who have battled it tough and then succeeded with a championship ring.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He took less money to be with the Miami Heat.

When he looks back after he retires - he will realise whether the decision he has made was the right one.

Agreed that no one can compare him to those who have battled it tough and then succeeded with a championship ring.
Lebron is 25-26 years old atm and if he wants to be on Jordan and Kobe's status he needs to win 5-6 NBA Championships. Usually the life span of basketballer is 35-37 years old tough ask.

Too bad Jordan went to baseball for 2 years =( I reckon if he had stayed he would of won NBA 8 titles on the trot.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Lebron is 25-26 years old atm and if he wants to be on Jordan and Kobe's status he needs to win 5-6 NBA Championships. Usually the life span of basketballer is 35-37 years old tough ask.

Too bad Jordan went to baseball for 2 years =( I reckon if he had stayed he would of won NBA 8 titles on the trot.
Difference is that MJ and Kobe led their teams to championships. When people look back, they will say look at the championships both players won at the same club.

An exception is made for MJ as he made a premature return to the Wizards when he had already passed his peak.

Yeap if he had stayed, the Bulls could have won a remarkable streak of titles. No one can blame him though as his passion for baseball was influenced by his dad's passing.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He did the right thing IMO. You can't call him greedy because he could've got 120 mill over six season if he stayed with the Cavs, and he was NEVER going to win a ring at/in Cleveland. He has made the best career move for him. He will win at least one ring in Miami.

For Cavs fans to be burning his jersey is just pathetic. I understand they lost THE best player but give me a break.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
"I don't want to go ringchasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that's already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion." ~ Lebron James

That was Lebron in 2006. And to the people saying what wouldnt he go, goodluck to him but even if he wins 4-5 titles he cant be classed in the breathe as the rest. For years we had to hear how Kobe only won becasue of Shaq, so if Lebron wins on Wades team with an extra superstar in Bosh, doesnt that same logic apply??

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Someone fill me in what happened with LeBron, who was he playing with and who did he move to?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"I don't want to go ringchasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that's already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion." ~ Lebron James

That was Lebron in 2006. And to the people saying what wouldnt he go, goodluck to him but even if he wins 4-5 titles he cant be classed in the breathe as the rest. For years we had to hear how Kobe only won becasue of Shaq, so if Lebron wins on Wades team with an extra superstar in Bosh, doesnt that same logic apply??
Kobe proved that was a crock though. I doubt anyone would say "LeBron only won because of Wade." We all know LeBron is the best and would've already had a ring if he had good players around him. He didn't really have that in Cleveland. This is his best move, career wise.

Someone fill me in what happened with LeBron, who was he playing with and who did he move to?
LeBron James switched codes to the NFL. He is Dallas Cowboys' starting QB. Tony Romo now moves to RB.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
He did the right thing IMO. You can't call him greedy because he could've got 120 mill over six season if he stayed with the Cavs, and he was NEVER going to win a ring at/in Cleveland. He has made the best career move for him. He will win at least one ring in Miami.

For Cavs fans to be burning his jersey is just pathetic. I understand they lost THE best player but give me a break.
The Cavs did alot for him and the team had 60+ wins the past 2 seasons and they were knocked out of the playoffs, that is on James as he was the leader and didnt have that drive to get them all the way.

Also, with the people saying they are getting less, dont believe the hype. These guys went to Miami which has better tax laws then the rest of the US so they wont really lose that much salary plus the endorsements they will be making will make up for anything they lose.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Kobe proved that was a crock though. I doubt anyone would say "LeBron only won because of Wade." We all know LeBron is the best and would've already had a ring if he had good players around him. He didn't really have that in Cleveland. This is his best move, career wise.
This is Wades team and people will not forget that, Wade is established at the heat and has already brought them a title (and was finals mvp), no matter what happens, this is Wades team.

And if they do win a title, then people are expecting it cause of the superstars on the side and he will have to live with the tag of quitting on the Cavs (who like i said were a 60+ win team for 2 years and everyone thought they would win it but when they choke in the finals, his team mates are not good enough lol) James was not strong enough to get them there and has taken the easier option.

Also, the 3 of them were introduced to Miami today and some of the stuff they were saying was ridiculous.

James - "Its gonna be easy"

Wade - "Goodluck guarding both of us"

hahaha these divas are pathetic. Kobe would of been watching that sh!t and would be heading straight to the gym for 10hrs a day to work on his game, he will take this a personal challenge no doubt, bring on it miami divas.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Cavs did alot for him and the team had 60+ wins the past 2 seasons and they were knocked out of the playoffs, that is on James as he was the leader and didnt have that drive to get them all the way.

Also, with the people saying they are getting less, dont believe the hype. These guys went to Miami which has better tax laws then the rest of the US so they wont really lose that much salary plus the endorsements they will be making will make up for anything they lose.
Maybe, but everyone knew he was never going to actually win a ring in Cleveland.

But he would've got those endorsements regardless of where he went. He's one of the most marketable athletes in the world. I genuinely believe he left Cleveland to win a ring. He doesn't need more money, or hype or whatever. He wants a ring. How would anyone feel if they knew they were the best player in their code and had "nothing" (I use that word loosely) to show for it?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is Wades team and people will not forget that, Wade is established at the heat and has already brought them a title (and was finals mvp), no matter what happens, this is Wades team.

And if they do win a title, then people are expecting it cause of the superstars on the side and he will have to live with the tag of quitting on the Cavs (who like i said were a 60+ win team for 2 years and everyone thought they would win it but when they choke in the finals, his team mates are not good enough lol) James was not strong enough to get them there and has taken the easier option.

Also, the 3 of them were introduced to Miami today and some of the stuff they were saying was ridiculous.

James - "Its gonna be easy"

Wade - "Goodluck guarding both of us"

hahaha these divas are pathetic. Kobe would of been watching that sh!t and would be heading straight to the gym for 10hrs a day to work on his game, he will take this a personal challenge no doubt, bring on it miami divas.
I don't see it as "quitting on the Cavs" TBH. How much more proof is needed to show he will/would've never won a ring in Cleveland?

He did what's best for him. He wants to win a ring and he moved to the right place to do so. I'd love to see what the odds are for next season. Probably very low.

Hahahaha. It's not gonna be easy as he thinks though. I hope he doesn't have that set in his mind.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
He went to the easiest place for him, who knows what would of happened at the Cavs but they would of been up there and you cant ignore there regular season records. And by him leaving he has admitted that he is not good enough to lead a team to a title, that he needs to jump onto someone elses team. Also, the reaction in the US is absolutely giving it to Lebron and if he does win, no one will respect it and only few will acknowledge it.

Also, sometimes the best dont win it but they have stuck it out with there sides no matter what, R. Miller, Stockton, Barkely etc. these guys despite winning nothing, will go down with more respect then Lebron can ever get, he has taken the easy option at such a young age and was prepared to fight and work his way to that title.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We all know and saw what happened with the Cavs. Maybe, he wasn't good enough to lead them to a ring but maybe everyone around him wasn't good enough. Regular season and Finals series are massively different. And if people remember him for quitting/giving up on the Cavs they will do so out of bitterness or hatred. Whether people like it or not, this decision ("The Decision" LOL) was best for his career and anyone else who is serious about actually winning a ring would've done the same thing. I do, however, applaud loyalty like in the cases you mentioned, Byrd.

I agree about the second paragraph. Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing. Two of the very best you can get, we all remember them as greats, and always will, but what else do we remember about them? The very thing every single player plays basketball for....

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I feel bad for Cleveland cuz they're pretty screwed seeing as they lost LeBron & got nothing in return :\

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel bad for Cleveland cuz they're pretty screwed seeing as they lost LeBron & got nothing in return :\
Meh, they sold about a billion Cavs jerseys with his name and number on the back.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I will be the first one to say I'm a bandwagoner in regards to NBA.. But I seriously don't want to support Miami :\ lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.