What do we need a coach for, anyway?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm most terribly sorry, your majesty - I didn't realize it was your eminence's personal thread or that comments were by invitation only! I thought it was the Kennel, where everybody can comment on everything.
You still commenting lol get a life.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You still commenting lol get a life.
You had a whack at me at 9.05 last night, and my first post since then was a response to it. A quick glance at your posting history tells me you have made THIRTEEN posts since then, on a range of subjects. Perhaps you should take your own advice..

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a reason Gus didn't even want him to arrive early and coach this year.
Surely a self-proclaimed visionary like you can see that.
Yeah that was a classic. Do u remember when Gus first came out with the whole “we begged Cameron not to come until 24” crap? It was after the 66 nil walloping by the Knights in Rd18 when he went into full damage control and excuse mode

Its fucken hilarious a lot of fans like you bought it. In what planet would a club land a coach who was apparently in high demand, and once signed say “yeah na mate, we gonna be really shit next year thouh, so come the year after, we’ll just put one of the assistants in charge for the year”. Lol

Just take a couple of mins to think about that and u may just see the light. Srsly

Fans like u deserve another 10 yrs Of misery.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You had a whack at me at 9.05 last night, and my first post since then was a response to it. A quick glance at your posting history tells me you have made THIRTEEN posts since then, on a range of subjects. Perhaps you should take your own advice..
What’s your problem?
You came at me for no reason.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that was a classic. Do u remember when Gus first came out with the whole “we begged Cameron not to come until 24” crap? It was after the 66 nil walloping by the Knights in Rd18 when he went into full damage control and excuse mode

Its fucken hilarious a lot of fans like you bought it. In what planet would a club land a coach who was apparently in high demand, and once signed say “yeah na mate, we gonna be really shit next year thouh, so come the year after, we’ll just put one of the assistants in charge for the year”. Lol

Just take a couple of mins to think about that and u may just see the light. Srsly

And you know this because you run the club and have all the inside info yeah got ya.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In what regards?
About how the club is run ?
Do you have inside info?
Are you even a bulldog supporter?
You proudly put a fish as your avatar to disrespect our club.
1. Everything, cos uve got more than a few roos loose in the top paddock
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes @Scoooby

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There's idealism and realism.
Idealistically, we would be winning by 100 weekly.
Realistically, we suck and there are legitimate reasons for that.
Realistically you are also right, an average of 32 points against us per game stinks.
Most agree with that, yet disagree with the idealistic mantra the minority here is pushing.
It simply is not possible no matter how much ICP seeks it.
If it is, put a realistic working example in front of everyone, and if people see your vision, they will jump on-board your bus.
What is unrealistic about wanting to see effort from a team that is digging in?

Stop making stuff up, lafam. It doesn’t serve your argument.

Nobody said they expect us to be winning every game, or even most games… let alone winning by 100. We just want to see effort, pride in the journey and performances slowly but surely moving in an upward trajectory. None of that happened this year under Ciraldope.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We can see it, yet see the reasons for it too.
Reasons that if not addressed, will pollute our playing group for a decade or more to come, so need to remove and fix it and do so NOW.
Yeah, Rightio…. It’s all the playing group. I call bullshit. A decent coach can get a better attitude out of these players, whether they are the long term solutions or not. If players aren’t buying in, one person is to blame for that. Even players who came from clubs that set very high standards looked less than enthused this year. Not good enough.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
In fareness to Ciraldo, Gould wanted to sign him from 2024 because 2023 was going to be a train wreck and that's what it turned out to be but it was Ciraldo who said he wanted to come earlier.
2023 didn’t look like being a train wreck at the end of last year. We were playing with energy and pride and had a few key signings coming over. If Gus genuinely felt this year was going to be a disaster after the building blocks that were set in place, he isn’t right for the job either.

Gus us talking shite to take heat of his hand picked appointee. That is all.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Which earns respect, since he wanted to be a part of the rebuild from the earliest possible moment.
Shows conviction he believes he can build something from the ashes of the last decade.
Give me a break.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spotted the 'member' that doesn't turn up to anything.
How many times has it been mentioned it was shared with the supporters By Phil Gould far earlier than that?
Pull your head out of your arse and accept facts for what they are.