What do u all think of Billy Slater

Status
Not open for further replies.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Slate can be a good player, and with more development, and more confidence build ups etc, he will become a dangerous player.

This season he was just average to me, with a few outstandig games, tries and kicks.
He's still got work to do!

Bowen has always been a great player for me, hes a quick fast player, who always looks dangerous with the ball. Needs more confidence sometimes IMO btu yeah , he was great for the Cowboys!

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd rather have Billy slater on my team than Luke Patten.
I'd rather have Billy slater on my team than Karmichael Hunt.
I'd rather have Minichello on my team than Billy Slater.

Its up to you people to think Luke Patten is better than Minichello, but honestly, thats insane.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Slater does have speed to score a try from one end to another but overall... hes crap

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah again he is good with the Football in hand and an overlap in front of him!!!
wow he scored a length of the field try once against the Bulldogs!!!

What happened when he tried the second time????
SBW thats what

And Patten is a great Fullback and I rate him next to the other so called top fullbacks

K

K E

lockyer said:
I'd rather have Billy slater on my team than Luke Patten.
I'd rather have Billy slater on my team than Karmichael Hunt.
I'd rather have Minichello on my team than Billy Slater.

Its up to you people to think Luke Patten is better than Minichello, but honestly, thats insane.
Dont give Miniskirt any room to work in and he chokes like the rest of his buddies.

I would rather have ANY other fullback over K Hunt.

I like his set piece he did against the Cowboys, You know the one where he was going to kick it the ball into hands, run 100 metres to score a try but instead handed the ball to the Cowboys and they walked over and scored a try.

Now THAT'S insane!

D

Danish

K E said:
Dont give Miniskirt any room to work in and he chokes like the rest of his buddies.

I would rather have ANY other fullback over K Hunt.

I like his set piece he did against the Cowboys, You know the one where he was going to kick it the ball into hands, run 100 metres to score a try but instead handed the ball to the Cowboys and they walked over and scored a try.

Now THAT'S insane!
Its fun basing your entire opinion of a player on one moment isnt it? especially a moment where if he caught it its try time, but missing it meant a possible try if no one was backing up. And no one was backing up.

K

K E

Danish said:
Its fun basing your entire opinion of a player on one moment isnt it? especially a moment where if he caught it its try time, but missing it meant a possible try if no one was backing up. And no one was backing up.
Well that "one moment" i was talking about was a SEMI FINAL.

That was the try in thw whole game.

And yeah im sure he was gonna run 100, step every single Nth Qld player (But then again that ballerina step of his is SOOO unpredictable) and score a try.

D

Danish

K E said:
Well that "one moment" i was talking about was a SEMI FINAL.

That was the try in thw whole game.

And yeah im sure he was gonna run 100, step every single Nth Qld player (But then again that ballerina step of his is SOOO unpredictable) and score a try.
Well considering he was running at full pace in the opposite direction to everyone else, and is pretty much faster than anyone else for the cowboys (bar maybe bowen who cant tackle anyway) i think he had a good chance.

Plenty of fullbacks have scored tries like that in the past. Its not an unheard of move.

K

K E

Should OF

Would OF

Could OF

2krazy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
bulldogs_chick16 said:
I wanna kick this off by saying what do u all think off billy slater

well me i thought his try in state of orgin was gr8 and stuff but i personally dont think that hes that gr8 of a fullback i think that there is better people who could be chosen 2 play that postition eg Matt bowen from the cowboys now theres sum gr8 little taltent

Also i put this forward to you people if u were the selctors who would u pick for either the Nsw side or The Qld side

cos id love to no everyones thoughts

thanks heapz from Bulldogs_chick16
Clinton Schifcofske should have been the fullback for queensland this year
his an awesome and consistant fullback
slaters try IMO was a fluke and it was crossing the broder line on him being offside from the kick of lockyer
Minichello is a better winger then fullback IMO his defense is lagging but im not to sure who else i would pick instead of him
Bowen is good wouldnt mind seeing him have a go next season
Wesser is Gone it cracked me up he was picked ahead of Schifcofske

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
2krazy said:
Clinton Schifcofske should have been the fullback for queensland this year
his an awesome and consistant fullback
slaters try IMO was a fluke and it was crossing the broder line on him being offside from the kick of lockyer
Minichello is a better winger then fullback IMO his defense is lagging but im not to sure who else i would pick instead of him
Bowen is good wouldnt mind seeing him have a go next season
Wesser is Gone it cracked me up he was picked ahead of Schifcofske
Schifcofske is good got some taltent there woulda love it also if he was choosen ;)

2krazy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Danish said:
Slater and Bowen both can do amazing things when their confidence is up.

But Slater died once he became a marked man (SOO 3) as did Bowen (semi-final). One big hit is all it took and these 2 were running scared.

To me a great fullback is one who puts his body on the line and isnt afraid to take on the line. Slater doesnt do either.
Clinton Schifcofske or Luke Phillips would be ideal fullbacks for anyside =D
always putttin their bodies on the line

AFL iz gay

New Pup
Reaction score
No he isn't

K E said:
Slater and Bowen cant tackle if their lives depended on it.

And you dont want to hear about that Slater, To put it nicely........He is arrogant.

(I have a feeling this thread will be moved)
Um hey, i no billy slater and trust me he is far from arrogant. And he can tackle just not front on. I've known Billy 4 a pretty long time and he ain't arrogant!!!!!

AFL iz gay

New Pup
Reaction score
Mason_4_Me said:
Wat really pissed me off that when Billy scored that try they were calling the best player ever and all that sort of sh*t. I must admit it was a pretty good try but after that you didnt hear much about him

Um can i correct u, they weren't callin him the best player, i know him and i admit he is far from the best player, they were callin the try the best try!!!!!

AFL iz gay

New Pup
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
Slater is Dangerous with no one around him in open space and the Football in hand!!!!
Other than that he is Useless!!!

But I think Once Trent Cutler makes the FG scene ppl will be saying Billy Who????
Um no they won't be sayin Billy who?????
Billy scored "that try" and it'll never be 4gotten, and if it sn't 4gotten then he wont b, seeings how he is the 1 that scored it!!!!!

AFL iz gay

New Pup
Reaction score
Bulldogs Gal10 said:
slater is useless and i dun think y pple made such a big deal bout him...
umm no he isn't useless, he is the one who produced "that try" and umm he ain't useless, he is new he has got a huge career ahead of him, he can tackle just not front on. SO um no he ain't useless!!!!

L

Lobo

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ummmmmmmmm ummmmmmmm ummmmmmm BBQKFC ummmmmmmmmmmm yeah BBQKFC aint useless!!!!!!!!!!

AFL iz gay

New Pup
Reaction score
Premier Ozzy said:
umm... Billy Slater is overated and useless in defence...
Ahhh, no he ain't overrated, and in the finals storm vs brisbane who stopped lockyer scoring????? Oh would u look at that it was Billy Slater. U don't no him, he ain't overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.