What did Noel Cleal actually do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he was in the clubs talent scout, but who he did actually scout / bring into the club?

When i look at the team now and the players who have been there since he arrived, who does he have bags on?

Hoppa - No, came from Manly/Parra
Bmoz - No, came from Dragons
Jmoz, No, came from Dragons and was already here when Cleal arrised.
Holland - No, he was from the hunter region and part of the Knights set up.
Curtis Rona - No, wasnt he already established at the Cows in lower grades and played some first grade for them already?

Reynolds - No, he was here before Cleal arrived
Mbye - I actually remember standing right next to Mbye the whole game watching the Dogs play Manly at Brookie (first time Des went back to first Brookie in 2012). He was already playing for the Dogs in NYC, so Cleal couldnt have been responsible for him.
TRex - no he came from Manly
Josh Jackson - No, he was already in first grade when Cleal came and was a star in NYC years before that.
James Graham - No, he was already established in England.
Tolman - No, he already won a GF in Melbourne.
Lichaa - No, he was already at the sharks and was a star in the making back then.
Klemmer - Was Cleal responsible for bringing him? I dont think so.

Isnt the talent scout supposed to identify young talent at carnivals and bring them to the club? If this the case, what has Cleal done? Who does he have bags on?
I am not necessarily asking for an out and out super star to be found, though that would be nice, but at least a solid regular first grader. Does he even have this?
If not, then what the hell has he done for 5 odd years?
Am i missing anyone? Just from the top of my head, i dont think he has, but i could be wrong.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Nothing!! but collect his pay check,
very smart bloke.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he impersonated a ball sack with eyes for 5yrs

watching him on sterol last night I think he is madly in love with bozo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He buys reserve graders from qcup tbh.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Signed players in nsw cup that have been and gone (or will end up going). Players like McInally, maybe Corey Thompson (not sure if during his time) and those Clark brothers.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guy was apparently on good money. But watching his sterlo thingy last night, he seems to wear kmart clothes (is kmart the one that has 5 dollar pants and 10 dollar shoes or is that big w?)

Even our juniors have come through our system (Kerr, Keighran, okunbor) I guess to a degree he was responsible for Remis Smith and Lewis, but these guys had managers and were known players. A scouts job should be bringing in the 15-16 year olds and strengthening from the ground up. Its easy to recruit first graders (actually I shouldn't say that because we havent recruited a decent one yet). But the amazing skill of a scout is unearthing talent like SBW, Thurston, Mason, Asotasi, Ash Taylor, Vunivalu, French etc.

Ok we need a recruitment manager to strengthen our first grade squad but we also need a talent scout to bring in the next big thing. And I dont remember the last time we had someone like that in our ranks (definitely not in the last 5 years, probably Barba, Kasiano, Idris, Reynolds, Klemmer, Afu etc was the last time that we had players of that calibre). Funny thing is we havent had anyone with potential coming through since hasler came.....

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

did this with our money.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One word
Nothing!!!!

Two words
Jack shit

Three words
Sweet fcuk all

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Time to stick to our roots. We're the family club. Bring in some of the old brigade.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like he just liked to walk and talk to des in the dressing room before a game (probably coming up with ways to $uck us dry even more)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Probz revenge for Kane now you say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.