What changed today that made us win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look he's a serviceable player for what we are paying him, but he'll be the guy who makes way for Big Kas when he returns.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We played some good games last year as well, our downfall was consistency and not playing the entire 80 minutes. We have the roosters with SBW next week, we could go from hero's to zero's if we dont come out firing.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We played some good games last year as well, our downfall was consistency and not playing the entire 80 minutes. We have the roosters with SBW next week, we could go from hero's to zero's if we dont come out firing.
yeah your right, but one thing I noticed was that in the 2nd half of todays game we played a very different style, no short passes in the forwards and no flat playing, we were just playing straight with the forwards. and we were standing a little deeper in the 2nd half

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought jacko really showed his ability tonight along with lafai if he can improve on his defensive decision making he will be a great centre

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Change of heart after 25 minutes into the game.....or may be the heart wasnt there at all in first 25.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said it last week, but the rate of the improvement has surprised me.

Our halves are growing into their own, and boy was it on show tonight! they are the generals now, and I can't wait for them to keep on developing..

I tipped the Storm by 1-12, and I didn't see this coming.

This has got to be the tightest comp this year, not a single team has looked hapless.
Knights have looked terrible in every game tbh

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hodkinson is so dangerous when he runs the balls often. He needs to do that regularly.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Our losses were close ones that we could have won. It was a matter of fine tuning and clicking, last night after 20 minutes it clicked!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Forwards have done their job every week this year ie they have put us into a position to win in every game.
Last night the halves provided much better direction and use of the ball, we took advantage of the much cliched "platform" our forwards laid. Perrett was impressive in not overplaying his hand and getting the ball early to Lafai and JMoz. We also seemed to have a game plan, which we followed for the best part of 60 mins.

Now we need to do it again!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My tips are 0 from 5 this week. Seriously.
So you're responsible...lol..my brother , a manly supporter, has stopped watching manly games on tv because without fail everytime he watches , they lose ( true)

No I think what happened this week is that DES got angry ... Never seen DES publicly get angry Like he did at halftime last Week.. DES mightve even chased them around the change rooms with a wooden spoon ;)

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally don't think alot changed except for the fact that we were able to walk away with the 2 points. I always thought we didn't play too bad in the opening 3 rounds and I can't understand why everyone was so negative. We had one of the best for and against. We couldn't have been playing that bad with the for and against that we had/have. I think we might off been a little bit more disciplined. Our attach and defence have been good throughout the season. It just has been our discipline that has let us down.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I personally don't think alot changed except for the fact that we were able to walk away with the 2 points. I always thought we didn't play too bad in the opening 3 rounds and I can't understand why everyone was so negative. We had one of the best for and against. We couldn't have been playing that bad with the for and against that we had/have. I think we might off been a little bit more disciplined. Our attach and defence have been good throughout the season. It just has been our discipline that has let us down.
Our attack was shocking and non existent against Brisbane & the reffs clearly cost us the game against the Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.