What Area We Need To Improve On In 2007?

AREA TO IMPROVE ON IN 2007

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Defense and Hooker.

Firstly defense, all our boys need to learn to get in low and take the player and we need to improve on our issue of falling asleep after the halftime break.

Once we fix up defense, then we can work on Ngawini as a Hooker...

Attack is not an issue next season, a fit Tonga along with Utai, Emelio and Millard will ensure we get plenty of points and better service for our strong forward pack and if Te Maari can get a bench spot, there is more firepower in the forwards too.

Man Hater

B good or B good at it
Reaction score
I think our kick chase is a really important one so many times i hear myself screaming at a game "chase".

And ball control and support play only a few of our players support play!!

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
For mine there are a few areas I would like to see a drastic improvement next season.

The first aspect is our attitude. Usually the team has a good attitude, but we do get complacent if we rock up an early lead. We need to get rid of the mentality that once we get in front we can't be beaten. Our forwards get way too confident in themselves, they do get a bit big headed and it costs us.

In some respects our commitment is also ****house, whether it be mental commitment or physical commitment. We're generally pretty good at coming back from an early deficit, but when we do have an early lead, small or big, our commitment turns to ****, and we let in unneccessary points. The Cowboys game where we put 50 odd on them, then they ran in a few late tries is a prime example of this.

From an actual gameplay point of view, the biggest aspect I would like to see improved is our support play. We 2 of the most prolific off-loaders in the NRL, and nothing frustrates me more than seeing Willie Mason or Sonny Bill Williams get their arm free with 3 or 4 blokes hanging off them, ready to pop a short ball, but there is no one there to pass it too. When we played the Warriors and it went to extra time that day, we were left wanting severely in that area, if we had some support play that day, we would've won that game much more comfortably. When we had guys like Nigel Vagana, Willie Talau and Rod Silva, you could almost guarantee that when there was the chance of an offload, one of them would be there to get the short ball. Daniel Holdsworth is generally pretty good, but he can't be there all the time, Luke Patten pops up a bit too, personally I'd like to see other guys like Brent Sherwin, Corey Hughes, Ben Roberts and Willie Tonga pop up in support a bit more regularly. Hopefully Daryl Millard will add a bit there too.

Defense is also an issue at times, they need to learn to keep their heads after we have an unexpected try scored against us, like the one in the Broncos game. If we had of forgotten about that try and kept manning up in defense, we would've won. Our defense is generally awesome, but when it's bad, it is deadset embarrassing.

Our kicking game can also be improved. In both short and long aspects. Too often do Sherwins long kicks hit a fullback on the chest. When we won the comp in 04, and looked certain in 02, Sherwin was always finding the grass. If he can get back to that sort of form, we'll be sweet.

Finally - our hooker. Seriously, our options are crap. Corey Hughes - Dud. Adam Perry - Dud. Billy Ngawini -Unproven. Ben Roberts - Not a hooker. Unless Ngawini can show something, we have nothing out of hooker. Now we've missed out on Farah, there doesn't look to be light at the end of the tunnel. We need to find someone with a bit more variety from dummy half that can offer something.

B

Ben Godberts

attitude agaisnt weaker teams
the number 7 jumper
our useless hookers

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence Defence Defence!

For the last few seasons the stats don't overly show it up by way of for & against however the amount of missed tackles must be huge against us! With the best scramble defence in the comp! Its seems to be a habbit of let them through and catch them from behind!

Although we did win the comp in 2004 and I thought that was a problem then!

bobnbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Quaid said:
we need to improve on not taking bribes and putting bets on the other team to win
What a shame that your innuendo should revolve around betting against your own team or being bribed .I am a STRONG & AVID BULLDOGS supporter & proud to be associated with such a great club & supporter base, face the facts the DOGS did not turn up in the second half, for whatever reason, Look I was one of the 30,ooo supporters at the game & I too was absolutely disgusted at the reversal of form. It irked me too to see the DOGS become a humiliation too ALL but I still remain a true supporter of the CANTERBURY BULLDOGS.

~NZ_Warriors~

Waterboy
Reaction score
i didnt vote cos i cant think of anything they need to improv on tbh...i cant really vote cos my team didnt even make it in to the top eight hahah so the bulldogs are like the best team wen u compare it to the warriors hahaha...but we'll come bak next yr..hard and stronger than ever! :grinning:

100% Warriors

THANKS HAZ!
Reaction score
~NZ_Warriors~ said:
i didnt vote cos i cant think of anything they need to improv on tbh...i cant really vote cos my team didnt even make it in to the top eight hahah so the bulldogs are like the best team wen u compare it to the warriors hahaha...but we'll come bak next yr..hard and stronger than ever! :grinning:
lol so true

Status
Not open for further replies.