What are you like when things go wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Alright, I'll confess : I was at work tonight with about 60 other people, and when the 3rd video ref came back no try I almost threw a pen at our giant TV. Everyone was laughing because I was trying to work, AND soak in the game. I'd stand up, hands on head, arms up as if to say "what was that ?", the whole she-bang ...

Which brings me to you.
How bad are you when things are going wrong ?

Is the at-game you, the same as the at-home you ?
Do you get out the sailor's tongue (FYI, "swearing"), and get told off by other family ?
Maybe you've been tossed out of a room / venue / game ?

For me : It depends on what stage of the game I start watching. I get right into the 'momentum' of a game, set-by-set, if I can go from the start. But if I can only watch parts of a game, I'm more reserved and quietly confident we can run down a score, so I use the watch-and-see approach and will only make noise if we score/force an error/make an error.

Confess your sins in here.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I swear more than usual and I grow devil horns lol I'm actually worse at the games for some reason. I have homicidal visions of killing the rorted refs with my bare hands.

Most of my friends and family avoid me for about 24 hours.

Nothing or nobody fires me up than my Dogs.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Similar to Assassin everyone cops it from me at home.

Kids hide away and go to bed early without making a noise.

Missus is not even allowed to come and talk to me let alone cheer me up.

Its me and the fcken tablet, typing away on kennel alone in the room with the door closed.

Oh and usually it follows with a migrane.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've just given up caring .. honestly.

Sounds bad but why raise the blood pressure and stress levels over something that is completely outside your control.

My yelling at the TV won't give us back those two points.
My stupid anger filled post that everyone will laugh at on The Kennel won't give us back those two points.
My screaming from the rooftop that Steve Clarks a wanker, won't get the two points either.

My point is not to not have passion or love for the game, but, why bother getting so uptight and stressed over things outside our control that won't change the end result.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Man I try not caring but I can't.

I say I don't care but inside I have thoughts that the devil would say I'm evil lol

I don't know why I love the bastards so much.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sounds bad but why raise the blood pressure and stress levels over something that is completely outside your control.

My yelling at the TV won't give us back those two points.
My stupid anger filled post that everyone will laugh at on The Kennel won't give us back those two points.
My screaming from the rooftop that Steve Clarks a wanker, won't get the two points either.

My point is not to not have passion or love for the game, but, why bother getting so uptight and stressed over things outside our control that won't change the end result.
Yeah sounds fcken easy aye?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was really emotional as a kid when we lost, Now I just laugh when we go bad and shake my head in disgust :D

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Similar to Assassin everyone cops it from me at home.

Kids hide away and go to bed early without making a noise.

Missus is not even allowed to come and talk to me let alone cheer me up.

Its me and the fcken tablet, typing away on kennel alone in the room with the door closed.

Oh and usually it follows with a migrane.
Speaking of the Missus, she actually made me laugh tonight, she said "I make Scarface sound like a Catholic school girl" lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i turn into a homophobic asshole, for example i used 2 rude f words to describe cecchin

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I yell and boo as much as i can til my voice disappears or if im at home and we're winning im all happy. If we lose any plans i had with the wife or wife and kids are shelved for 24 hours as i need to release my frustratiom either on the kennel or at the shed down back by punching a few more holes into the fibro walls.
I also try not to care now that im 30 with 2 kids but ive been a dogs supporter since i was 3 and its in my blood to care.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Checcin loved segyaro tanned complexion and body parts tonyt.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score

Yeah sounds fcken easy aye?
Maybe it comes with age, or kids, but anyway ... I used to get down like that.

The 2006 final was a real killer for me.
Then I fell into another lull in 2008.
It took an epiphany in late 2008 courtesy of the Bulldogs Army (or what was left of it) to set me straight.

One day we were playing, I had the game on TV and when the half-time hooter went, I entered the room to see everyone watching and we were down about 30-0. SBW had left, we'd had massive loss after loss. It was the real ugly times as we plummeted to the spoon. Everyone was glum.

Now ... stop here and look at Mr.I's sig picture, then come back and continue ... (*pause here so you can go look*)

.... after half-time, we scored first, and the TV man put the camera on about 50-60 remaining Army folks, still with flags, still with banners. I thought "Haha, have a go at those buggers, good on 'em !", and then I instantly felt like a douche-bag. For all the whinging and moaning and self-pity at havign to face work mates, etc ... chances are those people spent more than me, went to more games than me AND despite everything going on, STILL rocked up to cause a fuss.

And that's when the light-bulb hit me : "They don't need the win to have a good time".

So I decided to make it a mission to meet those people and shake their hands. Threw myself into the re-birthing of 2009, and was instantly rewarded with 'good times'. From Rd1 and Hazem's record in the rain, to 6 wins out of first 7, to Kogarah's video-ref debacle, to Hazem's farewell, to the bloody qualifying final and an 80-min battle along side 77,000 screaming idiots in two tribes !

Since then ... it's slowly evolved to a point where, if I go to a game, I value being with the people more than the result. At our core, we all wear the same colours, we all get the same bigoted sledges, we all get called rap*sts, we all suffer the same arrows AND we all enjoy the same fruits ... "if" we win.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Try not to care but cant lol.
Anybody cant sleep tonight?
This loss is really hurting

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Try not to care but cant lol.
Anybody cant sleep tonight?
This loss is really hurting
The 3 losses in a row is hard to take.....fuk origin and fuk whoever thought of it.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I entered the room to see everyone watching and we were down about 30-0. SBW had left, we'd had massive loss after loss. It was the real ugly times as we plummeted to the spoon.
Game against dragons, can never forget that.

We were so miserable even dragons players felt pity for us before the game yet hammered us 30 zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.