What are some memories of your wonder years?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
slightly off topic but relivent

this week i had the pleasure of working with an old mate from school some 30 years ago, we were chatting with 2 other fellas both in their early 20s, the young fellas were telling us how risky it is to go out at night in and around brisbane, certain areas were considered no go areas after 9pm fortitude valley southbank, bowen hills all right in the city

we then said about our younger days where we could pretty much go anywhere at any time with no thought of risk
1 of the young fellas girlfriends works in retail in ipswich, he told us some things his partner has had happen while working, cash till robbed, been threatened, shop lifters knocking them over running out the doors, knives pulled on them, druggies trashing the store

we have lost a lot of out freedoms and its scary to think where we are headed

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember going to Belmore in 1980, Dragons game, before any of these other mother fookers.
In a corrupt society only the strong survive, who needs consent to buy a property, never said I was king of State Rail, haters gunna hate, I moved to help the bulldogs so they fucked this joint too, if I wanna be silly buggers at home sometimes then so what?
When I watch the footy I wanna watch the footy, '24 had better not get hijacked.
Is it me or is society slipping, I got an excuse, Im only one person fighting for rights.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
slightly off topic but relivent

this week i had the pleasure of working with an old mate from school some 30 years ago, we were chatting with 2 other fellas both in their early 20s, the young fellas were telling us how risky it is to go out at night in and around brisbane, certain areas were considered no go areas after 9pm fortitude valley southbank, bowen hills all right in the city

we then said about our younger days where we could pretty much go anywhere at any time with no thought of risk
1 of the young fellas girlfriends works in retail in ipswich, he told us some things his partner has had happen while working, cash till robbed, been threatened, shop lifters knocking them over running out the doors, knives pulled on them, druggies trashing the store

we have lost a lot of out freedoms and its scary to think where we are headed
The woke got their prayers answered!