What About the Hughes TRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYMUSTANG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who agrees that the disallowed try to cory Hughes after the Sherwin drop goal attempt should have been play on??????????

I heard it talked about on the radio with Hadley on Saturday and they were saying TRY!

He was outside the 10 metres and the Broncos player played at the ball, that puts Hughes ON SIDE. I think At least Clarke could have gone to the video and had it looked at.

All in ALL I think Clarke had an ordinary GAME.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently during a field goal attempt there is some rule saying those attackign players offside cant touch it

T

TdoggBulldog

lol what a faggot of a ruling.. who even made that up?

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
An attacking player cant touch the ball as if a ball is deflected off an opponent and goes in for a field goal it is play on so in that situation even if a defender touched the ball, an attacking player will still be offside.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
byrd your predictions pretty much suck exept for the easy one... el masri and the crowd average...

5 and a half wrong.. could well possibly be 6 and a half

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
from smh.com.au

Corey Hughes was unfortunate not to secure victory for the Dogs earlier when he was disallowed a try with six minutes remaining, after an attempted field goal from Sherwin deflected off Petero Civoniceva and bounced into the hooker's arms. Hughes raced to the line but, with the law stating that deflected field goals still stand if they sail over, players in an offside position cannot make a play at the ball should the opposition charge it down.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
seems fair enough... it wasnt always going to be a try when hughes got the ball in an offside position

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
byrd your predictions pretty much suck exept for the easy one... el masri and the crowd average...

5 and a half wrong.. could well possibly be 6 and a half
loll i know they suck but thats why they are predictions lol

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Clark had gone upstairs it would have been given the green light.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who agrees that the disallowed try to cory Hughes after the Sherwin drop goal attempt should have been play on??????????

I heard it talked about on the radio with Hadley on Saturday and they were saying TRY!

He was outside the 10 metres and the Broncos player played at the ball, that puts Hughes ON SIDE. I think At least Clarke could have gone to the video and had it looked at.

All in ALL I think Clarke had an ordinary GAME.
that should have been allowed but clarke is a ******

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bill harrigan just said on talkin sport that it was a try, the only reason it wasnt given a try was because 1 clark thought he was inside 10 metres, and 2 because he didnt go upstairs, had he gone to the video ref, it would have been a try 100%

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
its a no try, clear and simple, if that happened on the other side then u all wouldve blown up deluxe

Ulven

Ulven
Reaction score
Whatever the rule, are we all in agreement that Hughes is a funny bastard? :grinning:haha I loved it! I have to admit that though I thought at the time his try may have been legal and that the commentators were unfairly dismissing him as '(sic. unjustly) optimistic', it shouldn't have been a try. It would be a stupid rule which had it being a try. In the spirit of the game, I was happy it wasn't given. But it was funny. Hughes used to piss me off, but these days I find him to be a funny f@#$!

Status
Not open for further replies.