what about jason smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Apparently he is looking to go 1 more year, but he hasn't been able to come up with something at canberra. A couple of un-named clubs have expressed interest.

With the certain departure of anasta, no obvious replacment.. and a few $$$ left in the salary cap... i think its a smart perchase.

It gives us an extra year to either find or grow a long term 5/8th and really... we don't need to buy anymore backs or forwards.

What do you guys reckon? let an old 95 premier finish his carrer out at the dogs? :grinning:

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
i dunno, im think it's a waste of money, if he wants 2 play for 50K a year, ok he's more than welcome, but otherwise he's too old, better 2 invest in our juniors

M

Makavelli

im hoping we can snap up either smith,berrigan or mundine.

but i would defnintly love for smith to join our club.

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
i think Smith will stay at the raiders for a bit longer.he wount leve them unless they refuse 2 re-sign him

gibbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah berrigan would be perfect, He could play in the centres and we move phelps to five eight. That would be awesome

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
risky business. We tried the same with Ricky Stuart and Brad Clyde and it was a huge failure. Jason Smith is old and at the very end of his career.

I would say no due to the high risk.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i think that would be perfect if smih joined our club :grinning:

but does anyone know how much he is worth?

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Anyone who has watched the Canberra games will know how much impact he has had. I reckon for one more year at the Dogs, it would be a smart purchase. He can't be asking for that much.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
he is my favourite player from the raiders and it would be good to see him finish his career at canterbury :grinning:

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
id like to see smithy back

also theres no chance of mundine coming back to league now

he is in boxing now for the long haul

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mundine at the Dogs,yeah right,and Smith turned his back on us and went to Parra so he can piss off too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MUNDINE will NEVER come to the dogs! Barry Ward coaches Jersey Flegg.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Bob dog said:
Mundine at the Dogs,yeah right,and Smith turned his back on us and went to Parra so he can piss off too.
Wasn't that because he didn't want to go to Super League? Hardly his fault.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
Fully Sik Drop kick said:
i dunno, im think it's a waste of money, if he wants 2 play for 50K a year, ok he's more than welcome, but otherwise he's too old, better 2 invest in our juniors
he is defenatly NOT a waste of money... if you have seen any raiders games this year they only lose when smith isnt playing.

he would be a good player to have with his experience... although EVERYONE seems to be forgettin about Maitua... he should be the full time 5/8th once Anasta is goooone

D

D0ggyStylz

Smith would be good...but he would just be a stop gap solution. we need to look to the future!!

Mundine - I bloody hope not.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
Dogaholic said:
Mundine - I bloody hope not.

finally agree with ya

if mundine was to join the doggies i would stop watching footy all together

D

D0ggyStylz

Well, i was thinking along the lines - I will not attend a Bulldogs game if he is in our clolours. when he is gone...i'll start attending

Status
Not open for further replies.