What’s the plan B for 2024 …

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need tough dawg forwards that bend the line and other teams know that they played against the dogs

That's always been the dogs culture

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Patience of the masses as you highlight is poor at times lol but these opinions/criticism also don't have a bearing on what Gus and CC do going forward.
The patience of the Dogs masses has been pretty good IMO.

No finals or even close to it since 2016 … and still waiting.

It’s all about the eternal rebuild and so on …

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Wayne for some reason gets Hunt to the Dolphins I’d love to get Sean O’Sullivan to the club
Doubt he'd leave Redcliffe with daddy running recruitment.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not convinced that we need any more talent in the halves? Hard to judge when our pack of bitches gets rolled each week.
obviously, if someone of hunts quality becomes available, we’d welcome him with open arms, but if not, spend the money on the middles.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully not as many injuries.
Get rid of players made of glass.
Players injured 70% of the time are useless to the team and club.
New halfback required.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% Common sense mate …

These ones wanting to run into 2024 with rookie 7’s again and wanting to make the 8 are kidding themselves …

They’ll be the same ones come round 5 if they’re not performing saying they’re shit & Gus is shit for not getting us a 7 …

Salary cap wise, age wise, with the middles that we desperately need, Trindall probably should be plan A ..

Good contract .. good money .. we could get him if they went hard ..

If not Trindall .. every club has a back up 7 .. go after the best one from that group ..
Yep, agree mate.

We can't expect an 18 or 19 year old halfback to take us to the promised land.

They take a few years at least to develop.

At least Trindall is a bit older, has shown he can handle and contribute at NRL level and has all the makings of a good solid number 7.

I hope we go for him

Dyms17

Waterboy
Reaction score
The ref's only ever fuck is in the ass, no need for a plan B

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just about to ask what peoples thoughts were on Toby Sexton if Hunt goes to the GC
Sexton is better than what we currently have. But I don’t think we would want to come to us anyway.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So no one has any real source on Hunt, it’s just wishful thinking ?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that cant happen when he’s contracted unless the dragons have allowed him.
Gus met him last year before Hunt extended with the Dragons.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just seems to make sense to buy the best available. Especially for a seven. I would like to see Ben Hunt for sure.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I thought that cant happen when he’s contracted unless the dragons have allowed him.
There's contact and there's contact.

Could of sussed him out without making an offer...

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Huge fan of Trindall before the sharks resigned him. As mentioned a good game manager, great short kicking game. In his prime as such and defends like a bulldog. Also Hunt and Braden in the forwards were unsigned for a long time. All three are now locked up unless Gus can twist an arm. Definitely Braydon as a half for the doggies would be a perfect plan B.Karl is not up to first grade yet, still only 18 needs further development.

Reactions: CMP

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All in on Hunty I say. Still has 3 good years in him and will make players like Kikau beasts. Also takes pressure off Burton and allows him to be a more Laurey Daley running 5/8. Lots of upside to Hunty because he attracts other players too.