What’s the go with Dufty?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has been our most dangerous attacker. I would like to see him play both sides of the field . Our shit structure has seen him on the right hand side only ( majority of the time )
This makes far too much sense for TB and the attacking coach (Furner) - remind me what Furner has done in 2 years as the attacking coach (Sweet FA).

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
During our turbulent 2022 campaign one player has emerged as a consistent spark in attack and yes I’m talking about Matt Dufty.

So my question to you, the fans, is what’sthe plan on signing him?

surely we have to attack quick.

if you look at the list of off contract fullbacks he is the only one off contract.
I honestly see hi, under the right tutelage, as being our own William Slater.
He has vision, runs like a black man, and is evasive.
The dolphins are pre occupied with trying to get Pinga or Walsh, but if both fail as expected they are going to throw big ethnic money at Dufty.
I don’t know what he’s on, but I’m guessing about tree fiddy. Surely we offer the same, but a logm term contract because that Clearwater dude is still a few years off first grade material.
He's back bitches.....

giphy-5.gif

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty is our only player that looks like a chance of making a line break or scoring a try.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This makes far too much sense for TB and the attacking coach (Furner) - remind me what Furner has done in 2 years as the attacking coach (Sweet FA).
isnt Furner the defensive coach?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think of the cattle we have at our disposal right now.
And ignoring the fact that Burton came here to run the team from 6..
If Burton is happy to do what’s best for the team..which every player should..
I would have this line up..
Averillo at 1
Naden wing
Shoupp centre
Burton centre
JAC wing
Dufty at 6
Flanagan at 7..at least a genuine halfback
TPJ front row
Cook hooker
Vaughan front row
Waddell second row…RFM or Hetherington when fit.
Jackson second row
King lock
BBO at 14
Thompson at 15
Ava at 16
Hoffman at 17
I think this is a more competitive team than our current line up.
Burton has a great step and good speed,not to mention the quality passes I could see him getting out to JAC…TRY TIME!!!!
Dufty would be dangerous at 6 with his speed..he has a good passing game for a fullback..and he has a decent short kicking game.
Cook has good aggression,is feisty and a bit of mongrel about him…time for his shot at 9.
Max King has been solid and deserves a start at lock.
Thoughts fellow Kennelers ?

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fullback is the least of our problems. We have Dufty and credence toia . Both capable of playing fullback . We just need to build some combinations . We just need a win . That’s all . A solid win where we score some points. That’s all this team is missing

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is a good player but needs to be sniffing around the forwards and the ruck.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baffles me that it seems he's only allowed to roam right, why can't he link with JAC!?

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s great at grabbing our own players and pushing them into the defensive line when we’re defending our goal line unlike before where our recent fullbacks were too scared and opted to point the players into the line.

Still waiting for a game he truly lights up the highlight reels.

so far so good.

we have Creedance Toia in NSW cup that is sharpening his skills as well as the other team members and I’m sure they are all putting their hand up should we need them.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think of the cattle we have at our disposal right now.
And ignoring the fact that Burton came here to run the team from 6..
If Burton is happy to do what’s best for the team..which every player should..
I would have this line up..
Averillo at 1
Naden wing
Shoupp centre
Burton centre
JAC wing
Dufty at 6
Flanagan at 7..at least a genuine halfback
TPJ front row
Cook hooker
Vaughan front row
Waddell second row…RFM or Hetherington when fit.
Jackson second row
King lock
BBO at 14
Thompson at 15
Ava at 16
Hoffman at 17
I think this is a more competitive team than our current line up.
Burton has a great step and good speed,not to mention the quality passes I could see him getting out to JAC…TRY TIME!!!!
Dufty would be dangerous at 6 with his speed..he has a good passing game for a fullback..and he has a decent short kicking game.
Cook has good aggression,is feisty and a bit of mongrel about him…time for his shot at 9.
Max King has been solid and deserves a start at lock.
Thoughts fellow Kennelers ?
1 AVO
2 AVO
3 AVO
4 AVO
5 AVO
6 AVO
7 AVO

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
During our turbulent 2022 campaign one player has emerged as a consistent spark in attack and yes I’m talking about Matt Dufty.

So my question to you, the fans, is what’sthe plan on signing him?

surely we have to attack quick.

if you look at the list of off contract fullbacks he is the only one off contract.
I honestly see hi, under the right tutelage, as being our own William Slater.
He has vision, runs like a black man, and is evasive.
The dolphins are pre occupied with trying to get Pinga or Walsh, but if both fail as expected they are going to throw big ethnic money at Dufty.
I don’t know what he’s on, but I’m guessing about tree fiddy. Surely we offer the same, but a logm term contract because that Clearwater dude is still a few years off first grade material.
If not Creedance in Cup is a really really promising prospect

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daine Laurie is off contract after 2023. Apparently one of the Tigers best players

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Daine Laurie is off contract after 2023. Apparently one of the Tigers best players
Just saw they are hesitant to offer an extension for him. Him, naden and burton are all good mates and if we get ciraldo i could see a signing happening with laurie. Good player who obviously is down with how shit the tigers are playing. Would not mind him.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Left field option JAC. He played FB in the lower grades & apparently is keen to have a chance.