News What’s The Buzz: Phil Rothfield’s sporting predictions for 2022

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He has the knights and raiders over us. Broncos i would have over us and sharks but raiders and knights are going to struggle.
Why you think broncos ? Capewell and Reynolds won’t make them game changers. Coates is a handy loss too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
imo

Roosters Top 4
Panthers Top 4
Rabbitohs 5th-8th
Storm Top 4
Sharks 5th-8th
Eels 5th-8th
Manly Top 4
Titans 9th-12th
Knights 9th-12th
Raiders 5th-8th
Broncos 9th-12th
Bulldogs 9th-12th
Dragons Bottom 4
Warriors Bottom 4
Tigers Bottom 4
Cowboys Bottom 4

I really like the Sharks next year.

Gus is the dogfather. His signing alone is everything. He deserves all the credit.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sharks will be lucky to make the 8. Hynes ain’t a half, McInnes a dud buy at lock and Finucanes best behind him.
They're in or around the 8 every year and they've upgrade their roster for next year. They've also got a new coach that every team looking to change coach was after.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
rothfield dislikes dogs dislikes gould nuff said

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Clearly biased toward sharks
2. Childish swipes at Gus

Forever the professional. Find it hard to believe he has a gig with a major newspaper.
Use to like the DT but last 10 years or so refuse to buy or read it.
Was thinking this during the read, it’s obvious he’s got a bee in his bonet for both the Bulldogs and Gus…Gus doesn’t give a rats which makes Buzz’s gibber even more pathetic.

I really don’t care what prediction he gives teams, each to their own, but he always manages to single out the Bulldogs and these days enjoys a sly dig at Gus at any opportunity. Jealousy is a curse Buzz.

See you on the way up.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was thinking this during the read, it’s obvious he’s got a bee in his bonet for both the Bulldogs and Gus…Gus doesn’t give a rats which makes Phil’s gibber even more pathetic.

I really don’t care what prediction he gives teams, each to their own, but he always manages to single out the Bulldogs and these days enjoys a sly dig at Gus at any opportunity. Jealousy is a curse Buzz.

See you on the way up.
Will be interesting to see how the Sharks go.
Last year I thought (and many others) Storm/Penrith GF but it wasnt the case.
Manly a T.Turbo injury for the majority of the season to not make the 8.
So many variables, as long as we are climbing the ladder thats all that matters.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buzz's real top 8 for 2022

1 Methylated Spirits
2 Cask wine
3 Tooheys new
4 Victoria bitter
5 Jack Daniels
6 Canadian club
7 Moonshine
8 Any brand of gin
As a cocktail :|
Add to that a couple of special ingredients :tearsofjoy:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone wanting a good laugh check out Buzz's predictions for 22

Buzz's 2022 NRL ladder predictions
TOP 8
1 Roosters
2 Panthers
3 Rabbitohs
4 Storm
5 Sharks
6 Eels
7 Sea Eagles
8 Titans
BOTTOM 8
9 Knights
10 Raiders
11 Broncos
12 Bulldogs
13 Dragons
14 Warriors
15 Wests Tigers
16 Cowboys

BIGGEST IMPROVERS

My mob the Cronulla Sharks. Throw the work ethic of Cameron McInnes, Dale Finucane and Nicho Hynes into any footy club and there’s only one direction it can go.

HOLD THE BONE

Old Dog Phil Gould will oversee a major revival at Canterbury – and will take much of the credit. Of course, many of the new pieces were in place before Gus signed on: Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Burton, Brent Naden, Matt Dufty, Braidon Burns and Tevita Pangai Jr give the Bulldogs firepower they haven’t had in years. Will finish 12th.

Sharks and Titans are no certainies to make the 8. They could depending on their draws and of course injuries but the Sharks finishing 5th, and above Manly, is a fantasy

We'll finish higher than 12th and probably even above the Sharks.
Y do u give this guy so much airtime,he’s a total wank,who will never have anything nice to say about us,take his photo and put it on a dart board .

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Old Phil is jumping the gun about early on his sharks. But I do believe come 2023, Panthers, Roosters, Bulldogs and Sharks will be the top Sydney clubs