What’s a successful season for you guys?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What makes the season successful for you guys?

Obviously the premiership is the ultimate target, however considering we are reigning wooden spooners, if the team make the top 8 and makes the second week of the finals I would be happy.

Most of all, I want to see the boys play as a team and with heart, like the dogs of old. A loss is a loss but show pain and respect the jersey and it’s history.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Want to see them play for one another, smile and have fun, and play for the blue an white jersey with pride. Attitude change for the positive. And look like they actually want to be playing for this great club, nothing else is acceptable.

I LOVE THIS CLUB. And expect them to love it too.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think we will make the 8. Sharks will be top 6 and we literally gave them all there points through soft missed tackles and errors that all can be fixed.

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have a new team and a lot of combos that need work. I think 9-11 is realistic with a return to the top 8 next year. Anything lower than 12th in my eyes would be a failure with the amount of players we have purchased, although I am aware we do have issues at hooker and halfback. The hooker issue will be solved next year, but we do need to manufacture a halfback to support burton. Averillo has potential (maybe not as halfback) not sure he has a future at the dogs. I hope he can improve because he does have some good qualities.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Finishing outside the bottom 4 and not being part of the spoon race. Taking at least one decent scalp in the second half of the season.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Showing Improvement right across the field and not receding backwards like my hair line every time I watch us play

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Play good enough and without doing stupid shit that makes me throw things at the TV, last year was expensive.

Always a Bulldog

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Top 8 has to be the minimum
The top 7 will be in no particular order:
Easts
Melbourne
Penrith
Parra
Manly
Souffs
Cronulla

So we will be competing with half a dozen teams to finish 8th at absolute best.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 8.

We showed enough signs in attack that there is light at the end of the tunnel (especially if Tolman...oops I mean Jackson, can get the fuck out of the way and that dud JMK can stop giving the ball to the forwards) but our defence/attitude is the main thing. Some of the tries we conceded in the first 2 trials were just soft. If we improve our defence we can make the 8 but if we defend like we did last night it could be back to back spoons

Next year you'd think we're a certainty to make the 8 with a new hooker, new coach and possibly Latrell as FB

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not basing this on what I saw against Cronulla, but for me a successful season for the Bulldogs is winning 10 matches in 2022. Do i think they can ? No. The Dogs won’t run last but they will finish between 12th to 15th. The 1. 6. 7. 9 is one of the weakest in the NRL. I think Pangai Jnr will be the dud buy of the year.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Me, when our games are on not watching them in fast forward or turning it off completely would be a new thing. Even watched the last 10 mins of our trial on fast forward yesterday. Terrible!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players and the club have talked us up and its on them now to do it, I'm sick of all the talk and no action - there are simply no excuses at all.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My T.V not having a remote control protruding from the screen

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Want to see them play for one another, smile and have fun, and play for the blue an white jersey with pride. Attitude change for the positive. And look like they actually want to be playing for this great club, nothing else is acceptable.

I LOVE THIS CLUB. And expect them to love it too.
Funny you say that. When Burton scored jac looked to tell the rest of the guys to come and celebrate. It was only him and naden embracing Burton. When you see teams like storm and panthers the whole team runs in to celebrate.

I know with successful college basketball coaches they want their bench to be up for every play. If a shot is made they want them jumping up and down hyping the players on the floor. And they always want the players smiling and engaged (not wanting negative energy or poor attitudes). Watching the dogs after they scored the players from successful clubs wanted the energy of the try to spread. Where the players who haven’t been around success didn’t seem to run in at all.