WE'VE BECOME A JOKE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have supported Canterbury for 42 years,
The teams and club have been nothing short of amazing.
You all agree we have had more ups than downs, we have celebrated many grand finals together. we were proud to be Bulldogs and no matter what the adversaries we stayed loyal to our club and team but lately we've become a joke.
You see, when we signed Hasler we all celebrated in the streets of Belmore, he came to us with some great credentials but unfortunately it didn't work out for us, and despite twice making the grand final we wanted him sacked and now he is gone.
Now we got our own Dean Pay to replace Hasler, again we all have celebrated and rightfully so
but hang on the season has barely started with a new coach some new players new combinations and few injuries suddenly some people are asking for Pay's head abusing some players wanting to sack this and buy that, CALM DOWN PEOPLE we all want our team to win and if possible win the premiership but Rome wasn't built in a day !
Forget the politics outside of football
WE SHOULD BE TRULY LOYAL TO OUR COACH & TEAM
THEY DESERVE A REAL CHANCE !!!
GO THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those calling for Pays Head should be ashamed of themselves, this is not the 80's, we cannot win comps easily anymore, all we can do is support our club.
Some other clubs have a massive advantage over us like the Storm who have the support of New's LTD and the geography which enables Bellamy to instill a siege mentality in their players, it is similar with the Cows, something the Broncos appear to have lost.
The Rotters through Politis have gained favour with Ch.9 and other billionaires, as well as the like of Nasser who with Politis can pull any string legal or illegal.
I also have a suspicion that some clubs are stretching the boundaries with the performance enhancing stuff.
As for us we have many obstacles in front of us, I'll run out of skin in my finger tips if I print all of them.
This year the NRL could not have provided us with a worse start to the draw if the tried to.
1. playing the premiers in our first game at Perth followed by a long flight home and little time to prepare for the next game.
2. The Rotters just love to playing us with an advantage they got just that including taking it easy against the Tigers .
3. We managed to beat the Pennies but we were lucky that Cleary was injured early.
4. we lost to the rabbits via the referees and injuries, ( perhaps 1 unlucky loss is canceled out by one lucky win.
5. we play the Raiders today who just must win otherwise it will be 0 @ 4 for them.
6. Next week we play the Cows away on a Saturday.
7. The following week on Thursday we play the Rotters again they have 2 more extra recovery days than us.
Weather it is just bad luck or the powers to be are just against us I don't know. But we should wait to the middle of 2019 before we even think of questioning Dean Pays coaching credentials.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No one has called for Pays head so calm down....

As for team selections and skills of some players, then we are all allowed to have our say, its our own opinion and we say it because we are all competitive and want the best for our club.

This is a forum where all topics are discussed and not Fairy Land. There are so many Facebook pages to follow if all you want to read is YAY BULLDOGS!! GO BULLDOGS and other airy fairy shit!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Those calling for Pays Head should be ashamed of themselves, this is not the 80's, we cannot win comps easily anymore, all we can do is support our club.
Some other clubs have a massive advantage over us like the Storm who have the support of New's LTD and the geography which enables Bellamy to instill a siege mentality in their players, it is similar with the Cows, something the Broncos appear to have lost.
The Rotters through Politis have gained favour with Ch.9 and other billionaires, as well as the like of Nasser who with Politis can pull any string legal or illegal.
I also have a suspicion that some clubs are stretching the boundaries with the performance enhancing stuff.
As for us we have many obstacles in front of us, I'll run out of skin in my finger tips if I print all of them.
This year the NRL could not have provided us with a worse start to the draw if the tried to.
1. playing the premiers in our first game at Perth followed by a long flight home and little time to prepare for the next game.
2. The Rotters just love to playing us with an advantage they got just that including taking it easy against the Tigers .
3. We managed to beat the Pennies but we were lucky that Cleary was injured early.
4. we lost to the rabbits via the referees and injuries, ( perhaps 1 unlucky loss is canceled out by one lucky win.
5. we play the Raiders today who just must win otherwise it will be 0 @ 4 for them.
6. Next week we play the Cows away on a Saturday.
7. The following week on Thursday we play the Rotters again they have 2 more extra recovery days than us.
Weather it is just bad luck or the powers to be are just against us I don't know. But we should wait to the middle of 2019 before we even think of questioning Dean Pays coaching credentials.
You're right - it isn't the 80s anymore. In the 80s, we probably didn't have apologists making up a bunch of whiny excuses.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have supported Canterbury for 42 years,
The teams and club have been nothing short of amazing.
You all agree we have had more ups than downs, we have celebrated many grand finals together. we were proud to be Bulldogs and no matter what the adversaries we stayed loyal to our club and team but lately we've become a joke.
You see, when we signed Hasler we all celebrated in the streets of Belmore, he came to us with some great credentials but unfortunately it didn't work out for us, and despite twice making the grand final we wanted him sacked and now he is gone.
Now we got our own Dean Pay to replace Hasler, again we all have celebrated and rightfully so
but hang on the season has barely started with a new coach some new players new combinations and few injuries suddenly some people are asking for Pay's head abusing some players wanting to sack this and buy that, CALM DOWN PEOPLE we all want our team to win and if possible win the premiership but Rome wasn't built in a day !
Forget the politics outside of football
WE SHOULD BE TRULY LOYAL TO OUR COACH & TEAM
THEY DESERVE A REAL CHANCE !!!
GO THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We paid huge bikkies to bring Hasler over, endured 4 years of backward football and then we sack him because we want better .

Better is the operative word

So under those circumstances You'd think we would replace him with a coach ,who's at least had one 1st grade coaching game up his sleeve but Nah we get a rookie

Of course we're frustrated!! Shoulda given the job to dymock at least he's got proven successful coaching experience ..and did wonders with our team in 2011

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
MASS over exaggeration of a thread ....... people can have slight critiques about things we don't entirely agree with... I'm still very happy that we are heading in the right direction ... next year when we get rid of some deadwood will be when Pay gets truly judged

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We paid huge bikkies to get Hasler over endured 4 years of garbage backward football so we sack him.

You'd think we would replace him with a coach who's had at least one 1st grade coaching game up his sleeve !

Of course we're frustrated!! Shoulda given the job to dymock at least he's got proven successful coaching experience in his resume and did wonders with our team in 2011
Coming from close source to him, Dymock didn't have the confidence to take full responsibility.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one has called for Pays head so calm down....

As for team selections and skills of some players, then we are all allowed to have our say, its our own opinion and we say it because we are all competitive and want the best for our club.

This is a forum where all topics are discussed and not Fairy Land. There are so many Facebook pages to follow if all you want to read is YAY BULLDOGS!! GO BULLDOGS and other airy fairy shit!!
Hahaha. Gold!!Man I hate those fan pages!! Got rid of them ages ago. So bloody annoying!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone calling for Pays head calm your farm!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My biggest reservation about bringing in Pay was his lack of experience. But the club rolled the dice, now we have to see how it lands.

I find it annoying that people think the NRL is like supercoach now and that player movement between clubs is a simple matter. It's going to be hard to change the club around quickly and every player we have deserves the chance to earn our respect again. It has been an unsuccessful start to the season, but it can wind up being something that forges our roster into a mentally strong team. While there are games we could have won by taking a few better options, it looks to me like the team has copped some bad refereeing calls that have made it extremely hard to win against tough oppositions. Hopefully with a bit more confidence the team takes on an attitude of "fuck the referees and their biased calls, we're good enough to win despite the calls all going against us"

But I don't enjoy the threads listing players we should dump and which to recruit.It's not like the club listens or should listen to our wants. If they're worth their salt they should be infinitely better at identifying and recruiting talent. A lot of the people that frequently post recruitment wishlists tend to in my opinion only want players that do flashy things here. And in many cases are extremely certain that they're right in those opinions.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven’t read a post with someone calling for pays head but I have felt the same frustration as others at our lack of depth and the lack of fire in our forwards.Pay has got a very tough job sorting out the shit fight that des left at the club but he took the job and with that will come criticism that’s just part of the job

Status
Not open for further replies.