News Wests Tigers fans GameDay Protest

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How ? Difference between us and them, 2 grand finals 12,14. Yes a rocky situation but steadily improved since hasler left. Light end of tunnel. Would never compare us to them. The only downside to all those years was Barrett and castle.
we persist with flannagan for 3 years even though he’s fucking useless. how’s that different to wests and brooks? besides about 600k

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we persist with flannagan for 3 years even though he’s fucking useless. how’s that different to wests and brooks? besides about 600k
Yeah and who else was there to sign ? The difference ? We didn’t let a jock madden go or have a jock madden or a Hastings. We locked up burton and invested in khaled, and olopau. Big difference, and we saw results/ did a great recruitment drive by buying Gould to come on board. Unfortunately with Flanagan he was signed just before Reynolds was told he wasn’t wanted and we were tight on cap space . Fact

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Their players are the ones that take the field. Protesting them is pissweek. How are they responsible for the mess?
Turning their backs on the players is disgusting. Team should chuck a collective brown eye at them and walk off the field.
We have seen in the past where their own supporters boo their players off the field. Disgraceful. I couldn't comprehend our fans doing that to our team. I might not like the selection of certain players but i would never boo or abuse them.
Fans should take it to Tigers HQ, upper management. Dont they have a leagues Club they can block entrance to and protest peacefully on the footpath outside for an hour or 2 until it makes headlines?
Imagine your a player and your suppose to go out and try and do your best without this garbage hanging over your head from your "supporters".

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The month is a basket case. Let Teddy, Moses and Woods go. Brooks on massive overs and the best this outfit can do is go back to Sheen's.

Webster at the Warriors I think came from Tigers. They should've called Flanno and got him to coach. But since new ideas as rare as diamonds in the joint let's get Sheens

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The month is a basket case. Let Teddy, Moses and Woods go. Brooks on massive overs and the best this outfit can do is go back to Sheen's.

Webster at the Warriors I think came from Tigers. They should've called Flanno and got him to coach. But since new ideas as rare as diamonds in the joint let's get Sheens
Webster was from Penrith, but your point is good. They've been on the slide for a while, and even at this early stage of the season it looks like their rebuild is a long way behind other teams like Dogs and Warriors.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They took Mbye and Reynolds off us even though they were a proven failure. They let go of Tedesco, Moses, Addo-Carr and Papenhuyzen in the process.

They are up there with the worst run clubs in all sports.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Webster was from Penrith, but your point is good. They've been on the slide for a while, and even at this early stage of the season it looks like their rebuild is a long way behind other teams like Dogs and Warriors.
Where was he before Penrith? PD think he was at few clubs.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where was he before Penrith? PD think he was at few clubs.
True he was, a couple of stints at Wests, also in the UK with Hull, some time with Parra.

His first stint as an assistance coach was actually with the Warriors, for two years. Then he did close to three at Wests, then two at Penriff (the two years they won the comp). Bit of a journey man when it comes to coaching. Obviously has something a lot of wannabes don't have.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Reminds me of when some of our fans did the same thing when Mason went to the Roosters.
Yeah there was a plan to do it. It stated on here. There were pamphlets too. But when it came time to turn backs about 10 people did. [emoji23]

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep i also have some empathy for the fans not a lot but.

Bateman and Papa must be thinking what have we done though the latter particularly must have gone mainly for the coin.Anyone with half a brain would know you aren't going there to win comps.
Sold their soul to the devils pussy cat lol

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
how would you be, paying for tickets to the game to either turn your back and not see what you paid for, or leaving early and not getting your moneys worth. wouldn’t it also make a bigger statement if none of them went to the game to start with?
I'd say a lot of them would be already paid members that have had enough. The average casual punter probably doesn't care enough to go ahead with these measures i.e buy a ticket only to walk out.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say a lot of them would be already paid members that have had enough. The average casual punter probably doesn't care enough to go ahead with these measures i.e buy a ticket only to walk out.
valid point actually

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have a decent roster compared to ours when we finished with the spoon.

They have a good forward pack and good young backs. A decent coach would have them competing.

Wrong move to appoint Sheens who's passed it and Benji who has no coaching credentials at all.

Should've signed John Morris or Flanno.
I think whomever decided on Sheen's jumped the gun thinking he took them to a premiership in 05 maybe he could fix the problem, it's not always the coaches fault the players aren't giving 100%.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think whomever decided on Sheen's jumped the gun thinking he took them to a premiership in 05 maybe he could fix the problem, it's not always the coaches fault the players aren't giving 100%.
Sheens took them to 2 finals series in something like 10 years of which one was the premiership. I'm pretty sure had we not had those injuries in 05, the tigpies would not have won the premiership.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest fluke premiership ever

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Wait until they play the Cowboys next month. I’m certain that we will probably make them look good as it usu is with most other shit teams.