News Welcome back SBW

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You see there are a number of things that made $BW's dog walk-out even more bad than just face value.

November 2007: Willie Mason leaves the Bulldogs after mutual agreement. Mason and SBW were both the cult heroes at Belmore and both were out marquee players. We shred a lot of player to allow us to keep both of them at Belmore.

What a lot of people don't know is that Sonny-Bill Williams said to the club there wasn't enough room in Belmore for both him and Mason and have the clb the ultimatum. Once Mason left, $BW demanded more money for his services, and essentially asked the club to top-up his salary with what was remaining from Mason's contact. The club told him no.

February 2008: $BW has interviews with multiple outlets expressing his views on the Willie Mason saga. He said that Willie turned his back on the club, however did not go on to say that $BW himself was advocating for Mason to go so he could get more money. He also says that his respect for Mason had diminished.

July 2008: $BW does the dirty on us all because he did not get paid Willie Mason's salary on top of his own.

August 2008: $BW has an interview with Danny Weedler and says that Folkes treats players like sheep, and says players such as Kane Cleal, who were 1 game short of receiving a bonus, missed out on a lot of money. $BW conveniently leaves out mentioning the fact that KC did not fulfil a contract obligation of playing the number of games outlined in his contract.

Steve Folkes fires back saying "Do sheep get paid $500,000 per year?" (on ya Folkesey)!

March 2013: The ultimate betrayal is complete with $BW signing for the Roosters simply to get back at the Bulldogs.
The funny part was when they were in deep negotiations in 2008 Canterbury offered 3 years deal at $500k a season,
$BW demanded 5 years declaring he wants to be the leader of the club, and got it.
Not too long after he was seen blowing kisses and waving goodbyes at Sydney airport, flying out with a borrowed Tongan Passport.
A reporter asked, What's the name of team in France you are going to play for Sonny ?
Sonny replied, I don't know bro it's Too-long :tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody has left belmore in a more selfish and dirty way. I don’t know why you are supporting him so much but I’m sure there is an agenda. Sorry buddy but I agree with most he is a ****. Long time ago but we can’t forget what he did. Nor should it be forgotten.
No agenda... Just the fact I am somebody who has actually spent some time with the guy rather than somebody who has just seen the bloke on tele.

Also somebody who actually acknowledges the wisdom behind ONCE A BULLDOG, ALWAYS A BULLDOG.

I dont know, maybe one day you'll get over it like me, for now hold tight to your grudges because its worth all the weight in the world, apparently.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No agenda... Just the fact I am somebody who has actually spent some time with the guy rather than somebody who has just seen the bloke on tele.

Also somebody who actually acknowledges the wisdom behind ONCE A BULLDOG, ALWAYS A BULLDOG.

I dont know, maybe one day you'll get over it like me, for now hold tight to your grudges because its worth all the weight in the world, apparently.
Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldogs really is one of our old-school phrases bro. That's back in the day where loyalty existed in rugby league. Those days are over now, it's a business. We were loyal to SBW by giving him what he wanted, and he repays us by dogging us, the complete opposite of loyalty. He's no more a Bulldog than Nick Politis.

He has proven time and time again he wants nothing to do with us (as recent as 2020 when he signed with the Roosters), and only goes to greener pastures.

Now that the pastures at Belmore are greener he suddenly wants some of it? F**k that!

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll never forget that game in 2013 when he played 5/8th, scored against us and rubbed it in.

Now we've welcomed him back and gave him the ultimate honor of handing out team jerseys which is an honor that should be reserved for legends.

Fuck him, they can let him come back but to have him hand out jerseys is absolutely insulting and a slap in the face of fans. It's like the Benedict Arnold handing out medals to servicemen.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think its ordinary, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth TBH seeing his smiling head.

At the same time though, its not like I am losing sleep over it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'll never forget that game in 2013 when he played 5/8th, scored against us and rubbed it in.

Now we've welcomed him back and gave him the ultimate honor of handing out team jerseys which is an honor that should be reserved for legends.

Fuck him, they can let him come back but to have him hand out jerseys is absolutely insulting and a slap in the face of fans. It's like the Benedict Arnold handing out medals to servicemen.
Some people at the club really do have capacity to make some decisions that are beyond stupid.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldogs really is one of our old-school phrases bro. That's back in the day where loyalty existed in rugby league. Those days are over now, it's a business. We were loyal to SBW by giving him what he wanted, and he repays us by dogging us, the complete opposite of loyalty. He's no more a Bulldog than Nick Politis.

He has proven time and time again he wants nothing to do with us (as recent as 2020 when he signed with the Roosters), and only goes to greener pastures.

Now that the pastures at Belmore are greener he suddenly wants some of it? F**k that!
Good to see you acknowledge Rugby league is a business, rather dont understand why you would have a problem if SBW left for a better job..

In all seriousness though did the club offer him an avenue to come back to Belmore? Did they offer to drop all legal proceedings against him if he returned? I dont know if they did, Do you? What I do know is the club wanted blood and Politis offered SBW a chance to come home by brokering a deal with the club to drop the case and in the end the club folded for 750k, In return he played for Bondi.

I am extremely positive if anybody racked up a 750k debt and some bloke offered to pay it for them so they get a chance to raise their family hassle free in this beautiful country and all they had to do was work for him in return, they would be sweeping the floors from sunrise to sunset.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Mase did the same thing... Now he is a spoke person for the club..

Pay and Dymock amongst others walked out on the club, T.Lamb and Bullfrog, they came back and coached us lol

Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's good to see Sonny around the club again. Honestly I can't understand people who hold a grudge against somebody they don't know who made a mistake when he was pretty much a kid with a lot of different influences in his ear... we all mistakes, and he has done his time.... move on! his presence at the club alone will be additional inspiration for a lot of our younger guys.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good to see Sonny around the club again. Honestly I can't understand people who hold a grudge against somebody they don't know who made a mistake when he was pretty much a kid with a lot of different influences in his ear... we all mistakes, and he has done his time.... move on! his presence at the club alone will be additional inspiration for a lot of our younger guys.
He's a **** who made his own decision to do a runner and leave our club for more money, also he was 20 years old that's not a kid, as far as I'm concerned he can fuck off and slink back to the rorters where he belongs.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's a **** who made his own decision to do a runner and leave our club for more money, also he was 20 years old that's not a kid, as far as I'm concerned he can fuck off and slink back to the rorters where he belongs.
He's was a young man*. Unless you've never made a mistake, it might be time to grow up and move on

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's was a young man*. Unless you've never made a mistake, it might be time to grow up and move on
First you said he was a kid now you say he's a man which is it and I'm not the only supporter who thinks $bw should never be forgiven, also I would give my right arm to play for a club that I love and have supported for over 40 years, good luck with your opinion because it's in the minority.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First you said he was a kid now you say he's a man which is it and I'm not the only supporter who thinks $bw should never be forgiven, also I would give my right arm to play for a club that I love and have supported for over 40 years, good luck with your opinion because it's in the minority.
It's pretty much a kid these days, I was just amending it for your purpose.

Lol well let's be honest, league fans aren't exactly known for their levels of maturity.

Reaction score
The icing on the cake for me was SBW actively barracking against Australian legend Volkanovski and parading around with Islam Makachev and his Dagestani crew. I'd like to see him deported so he can go live with his "brothers" in Dagestan.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The icing on the cake for me was SBW actively barracking against Australian legend Volkanovski and parading around with Islam Makachev and his Dagestani crew. I'd like to see him deported so he can go live with his "brothers" in Dagestan.
But I was also barracking against Volks :tearsofjoy: Should I also be deported?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I also support QLD in the origin. Melbourne Victory in the A League and the Stars in the Big Bash. Just saying ..