News Welcome back SBW

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And killed our season. I remember going to the games after he left that year. Most miserable time as a fan that I can recall.
I don't think SBW singled handedly killed our season.
We had a distinct lack of cattle that year.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"For those that [don't] remember" ('cause this is entirely made up)...
Mandi was a really hot chick (11/10) - totally wife material. Put her whole body into her work and was the best blowie in the business.

Yes, she rode that other bloke in the toilet cubicle but let's face it, we should totally "cuck" over her because she's "worth it"...

No thanks. I will leave "simping for Sonny-Bill" to others...
You wanna get a good grip of yourself.
Are you for real ?

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of SBW but him being here is a positive influence on the club from what we've seen in the pre-season snippets. So if it benefits the club he can hang around. It doesn't make up for what he did in 2008 leaving the club at its lowest point.
You sound like both-ways Albo.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2008 aside, as recently as 2020 he went back to the roosters. That was just over 2 years ago - that tells you where his allegiance lies. The guy always is and always will be a fuckwit. The was he dogged the club was unforgettable. He is not loyal and only follows what’s hot. He left the dogs when the going got tough and then comes back when we have a lot going on our favour

I despise him and always will.
Originally I was feeling sorry for him, injuries and whatnot
1st,
I said he is a super talented young player whose whole career was at crossroads ( knees injuries ) so I couldn't blame him for wanting to triple his income, he's never really had a father figure in his life and was misled by Anthony Mundine & Khoder Nasser as advisers...It should've been handled better !
2nd,
It all started to change when I learnt he had meetings and a handshake agreement with Uncle Nick to come to the Rorters after serving his 5 years ban while getting paid every year to offset the salary cap...
Honoring the hand shake agreement ? LOL.
3rd,
Then came the one that tipped the scale
2019, a close associate of Khoder Nasser (I trust) reveals to me, this is his own words "Sonny Bill is in contact with the club, wants to come back to the Dogs to play for at least a season to right the wrongs even if it meant playing for nothing", source Nasser.
Updates were coming thick and fast until it was reported $BW to sign a massive 10 million dollars deal for 2 seasons with Toronto Wolfpack...
I know it is a lot of money but this is the way $BW's & Co right the wrong.
IMO...3 strikes and you are out, stay out !!!

Last edited:

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im 50:50 about the issue, yes most of us where old enogh to remember sbw, most young guys now wouldnt know who SBW is and dont look up him at all.
Yes SBW helps in his own community, does charity work but does jack shit for young middle easterners or muslim league players to get far in league.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Originally I was feeling for him, injuries and whatnot
1st,
I said he is a super talented young player whose whole career was at crossroads ( knees injuries ) so I couldn't blame him for wanting to triple his income, he's never really had a father figure in his life and was misled by Anthony Mundine & Khoder Nasser as advisers...It should've been handled better !
2nd,
It all started to change when I learnt he had meetings and a handshake agreement with Uncle Nick to come to the Rorters after serving his 5 years ban while getting paid every year to offset the salary cap...
3rd,
2019, a close associate of Khoder Nasser (I trust) reveals to me, this is his own words "Sonny Bill is in contact with the club, wants to come back to the Dogs to play for at least a season to right the wrongs even if it meant playing for nothing", source Nasser.
Updates were coming thick and fast until it was reported $BW to sign a massive 10 million dollars deal for 2 seasons with Toronto Wolfpack...
Very emotive stuff D-Voice and what you say is all true. The only omission, however, is you haven't fully put yourself in his shoes.
The day he celebrates a GF victory with our squad will be the day you forgive and if not you can write another novel
on why he shouldn't have been in our sheds.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was what 20 years old being told that he was being ripped and could earn the same wage in 6 months rather than a few years. He was also the last of many that jumped shut because they were having dramas with the administration.

Plenty of more context than he just left his team mates and the fans.. damn it most of these fans would turn on a bloke for knocking it on and giving away a penalty even though he rips in every week. This is not a good place to talk about loyalty.
All that is fine bro - still handled the situation poorly and never repaid the fans - like myself who was fkn devastated. I followed this young Samoan kid from juniors, watched him be a star from his debut, become my favourite player the see him at the airport with a smile on his face in the middle of the night, not telling one of his teammates (regardless of what happened with the admin) as he is getting on a plane to France. Then he spit in our faces by becoming a rooster and talks them up so highly and publicly - knowing the impact this would have on the perception of us as a club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very emotive stuff D-Voice and what you say is all true. The only omission, however, is you haven't fully put yourself in his shoes.
The day he celebrates a GF victory with our squad will be the day you forgive and if not you can write another novel
on why he shouldn't have been in our sheds.
Please read properly
I did put myself in his shoes when I constantly defended him after deserting...
Forgiven him I already have, forgetting is something else !
Sadly I don't trust him Mundine or Nasser as I await their next episode, they have a proven unreliable past.
The leopard never changes its spots :worried:
At what roll will he celebrate our future GF wins, oh is it as a mentor to TPJ ?
Think outside the circle mate.

Last edited:

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You all know I mean no disrespect at all but it's only our Muslim brothers on here that defend him because he converted.

He is an insult to you guys.
ASSASSIN I have half my family that are MUSLIM and half can’t fucking stand him.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the people that renewed their membership for this year. It’s going to be another long year.
I started paying povo membership a couple of years ago as membership numbers were dropping. Many others supported the Club for years and cacelled which is all good and none of my business. Its not much so I dont mine contributing a little for time being.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Originally I was feeling for him, injuries and whatnot
1st,
2nd,
3rd,
...yes, and then goes back to Roosters for one final up-yours in 2020.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
You all know I mean no disrespect at all but it's only our Muslim brothers on here that defend him because he converted.

He is an insult to you guys.
And there lies the ignorance. Sorry bro but your comment is very ignorant.

The guy has admitted he fucked up. Time to move on. There are worse people to hate

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
If you guys can't get over something that happened 15 years ago then man I dunno if I should feel sorry for you or not. Especially something so trivial

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you guys can't get over something that happened 15 years ago then man I dunno if I should feel sorry for you or not. Especially something so trivial

He was 20 yrs old ffs lmao the club werent innocent in all this people fkd up on all ends.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck this ****. Left us at our lowest and now wants to come to the club when we are about to take off. Fuck off ****.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And there lies the ignorance. Sorry bro but your comment is very ignorant.

The guy has admitted he fucked up. Time to move on. There are worse people.
Look i'm an old timer, bulldog thru and thru.
What happened was 15 years ago and I hated him for it at the time.

Now, the young players at the club don't care about that. They idolise him.
They will hang off his words about footie, fitness and training.
He is a legend in a lot of their eyes.
Not mine.

Just move on and hope that it works out for the MIGHTY BULLDOGS.

That is the main thing.