News Welcome back SBW

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Good to see you acknowledge Rugby league is a business, rather dont understand why you would have a problem if SBW left for a better job..

In all seriousness though did the club offer him an avenue to come back to Belmore? Did they offer to drop all legal proceedings against him if he returned? I dont know if they did, Do you? What I do know is the club wanted blood and Politis offered SBW a chance to come home by brokering a deal with the club to drop the case and in the end the club folded for 750k, In return he played for Bondi.

I am extremely positive if anybody racked up a 750k debt and some bloke offered to pay it for them so they get a chance to raise their family hassle free in this beautiful country and all they had to do was work for him in return, they would be sweeping the floors from sunrise to sunset.
There is nothing wrong with leaving for a better paying job, however the way in which he did it was bad, very very bad. He pretty much burnt the bridge. Surely you don't expect the Bulldogs to roll out the red carpet for him given the way he left.

Put it this way... we were very filthy with the way Willie Mason left, however it was a mutual agreement, and he even came back to play for us in the legends came, and from memory he attended Steve Folkes funeral.

SBW however did not leave this way. He left on his terms and completely betrayed his team mates.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with leaving for a better paying job, however the way in which he did it was bad, very very bad. He pretty much burnt the bridge. Surely you don't expect the Bulldogs to roll out the red carpet for him given the way he left.

Put it this way... we were very filthy with the way Willie Mason left, however it was a mutual agreement, and he even came back to play for us in the legends came, and from memory he attended Steve Folkes funeral.

SBW however did not leave this way. He left on his terms and completely betrayed his team mates.
But they are rolling out the red carpet :tearsofjoy:

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good to see Sonny around the club again. Honestly I can't understand people who hold a grudge against somebody they don't know who made a mistake when he was pretty much a kid with a lot of different influences in his ear... we all mistakes, and he has done his time.... move on! his presence at the club alone will be additional inspiration for a lot of our younger guys.
Thanks Khoder!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t understand why everyone’s so invested in this, from everything I’ve read he gave the team a bit of a motivational speech and that was it, will probably have very little involvement with the club or the players ..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He owed the club 750k after he broke the contract... Politis helped him come back to Australia by paying the club off and in return he had to play for the Roosters. Other players have left the club for Bondi in just as bad circumstances and are welcomed at the club no issue, this guy joined them because he had no other choice other than fit the bill himself.

Each to their own but most people dont know half the story yet they jump on the bandwagon because it suits them regardless of context.
I thought it was Mundine who paid the 750k.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
SBW told me he doesn't care about you either. He also suggested he's got more followers on Insta than you. Bitter little man.
F656D1BE-7E8C-409D-91AB-9C1B9E012B27.jpeg

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Has cmonnn.. really.
Mundine bragged about it. He was outside St George Bank. He waved the cheque. He said 750k was chump change for him. You don't remember?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mundine bragged about it. He was outside St George Bank. He waved the cheque. He said 750k was chump change for him. You don't remember?
Brudahhhh... regardless of what was played out in front of the media or the world we all know Politis brokered the deal and payed for it.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would rather see a Welcome back Sam Kasiano thread. The Warrington fans sing songs about him thought so might be a hard sell .