Weird moment in Summer Hill - sorry, it's an essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lunchtime today, cnr Sloane St and Parramatta Rd Summer Hill.

I’m waiting at the lights to cross Parra Rd to catch a bus into the city.

I hear sirens, look around and see 3 police cars all pull up at the North West Cnr of Parra Rd & Sloane St.

Police jump out of all 3 cars and start opening back car doors and hustling between the 3 cars.

Walk light turns green and I cross Parra Rd to the North East Cnr, where the bus stop is.

Then I realise the officers are all putting on bullet proof vests. :nervous:

Oooookaaay. Not good. I’m now closer to these officers than I originally was.

I (along with various other people) start looking at the buildings on the North West side of the street, but there is no obvious sign of a disturbance.

Then, about 4 or 5 Police cross Sloane St, to the North East Cnr. Where I am. That’s not really a good feeling.

They walk past me with hands resting on guns, and pause just past the Bob Jane T-Mart shop that takes up a large chunk of the corner.

I look at their bullet proof vests, then I look down at my thin hoody, and across at the Perspex bus stop I am standing next to, then back at their bullet proof vests. :fear:

Then I step back into the L-shape of the brick building that makes up the tyre shop.

Other Police by now have blocked the traffic on Parra Rd heading into the city.

I’m guessing that maybe someone has held up the service station that is 2 buildings the other side of the tyre shop.

I peek slightly around the edge of the building, and see a Police Officer running partly bent over from where they were hiding behind a brick wall – heading in the general direction of the service station. Eek.

Other people from the tyre shop are standing out near the footpath calling people on their mobiles. I’m thinking, if bullets start flying, I’m much more comfy with a few layers of bricks between me and where the Police are, and I’ll ring people later.

After about 5 mins, the Police let the traffic flow again. So it appears that everything has been resolved, and I move towards the bus stop again (don’t want to miss my bus).

My bus turns up and as we go past the scene, the officers are standing not at the service station, but at the car shop/mechanics (or whatever it is) between the tyre shop and the service station, that always has very expensive cars parked outside.

In hindsight, maybe whoever the bad guy was didn’t have a gun – otherwise they would stop the traffic going in both directions, and would have moved everyone on from near where I was standing.

Anyway, that was my adventurous moment today. :grinning:

P

Paint.

so the whole point of the story was, "Some cops blocked the street and I thought someone had a gun, but then they re-opened the road, and nothing happened?"

FFS, anticlimatic...

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

so the whole point of the story was, "Some cops blocked the street and I thought someone had a gun, but then they re-opened the road, and nothing happened?"

FFS, anticlimatic...
Lol. Yep, basically, nothing happened. But it was interesting while nothing happened. :p

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
**** I lived in Summer Hill for 5 years and never saw any action.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
looks like someone has trolled 000 with a prank call

Status
Not open for further replies.