Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Weidler on Latrell and JAC

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mitchell was on the brink of joining Bulldogs

Souths got a bargain when Latrell Mitchell committed to the club eight months after this column broke the story that the Roosters feared he was bound for Redfern.

His $600,000 contract is considerably less than he could have earned anywhere else.

But the truly unlucky club to miss out on Mitchell was the Bulldogs, not Wests Tigers. The Bulldogs distanced themselves from the Mitchell negotiations early on, but this column was told time and again that there were ongoing meetings. In fact, we were told that on November 21 Mitchell shook hands with the Dogs to say that he was joining the club.

Clearly that didn’t happen. And the Bulldogs ‘‘non-interest’’ ran out a couple of weeks later, leaving Mitchell with no option but Redfern.

The Rabbitohs say Mitchell is on the right track fitness wise and they are already positioning their salary cap to secure him to a long-term deal.

Gone to the Dogs

Josh Addo-Carr has been linked to the Roosters and Rabbitohs, but if he doesn’t end up at the Bulldogs in 2021 it will be a surprise. They have the cash he is after. There is also the thought from Canterbury officials that he could be the face of the club.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-bombshell-meet-special-agent-gus-gould-20200208-p53z11.html

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn’t written by him Id be more interested in what the article says.
Its all just pure speculation because we have money. What offical would leak anything to him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
"They have the cash he is after." That's nice. Why is everyone guessing. Seriously tho Latrell is a massive miss and I'm really hoping we can get JAC.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Redfern will be the best for Mitchell, I could easily see it going the other way!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether you want him here or not is up for debate. My strong mail though is he’s a done deal here. Same mail that told me we had him and Mitchell. I know we didn’t end up with Mitchell, but as per this article he had shaken on it...

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whether you want him here or not is up for debate. My strong mail though is he’s a done deal here. Same mail that told me we had him and Mitchell. I know we didn’t end up with Mitchell, but as per this article he had shaken on it...
Have any proof or nah?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who’s your source. They reliable..

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mitchell was on the brink of joining Bulldogs

Souths got a bargain when Latrell Mitchell committed to the club eight months after this column broke the story that the Roosters feared he was bound for Redfern.

His $600,000 contract is considerably less than he could have earned anywhere else.

But the truly unlucky club to miss out on Mitchell was the Bulldogs, not Wests Tigers. The Bulldogs distanced themselves from the Mitchell negotiations early on, but this column was told time and again that there were ongoing meetings. In fact, we were told that on November 21 Mitchell shook hands with the Dogs to say that he was joining the club.

Clearly that didn’t happen. And the Bulldogs ‘‘non-interest’’ ran out a couple of weeks later, leaving Mitchell with no option but Redfern.

The Rabbitohs say Mitchell is on the right track fitness wise and they are already positioning their salary cap to secure him to a long-term deal.

Gone to the Dogs

Josh Addo-Carr has been linked to the Roosters and Rabbitohs, but if he doesn’t end up at the Bulldogs in 2021 it will be a surprise. They have the cash he is after. There is also the thought from Canterbury officials that he could be the face of the club.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-bombshell-meet-special-agent-gus-gould-20200208-p53z11.html
Clearly there is more to the Latrell situation to lead to the dogs 'non interest'. However I hope we end up JAC.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We pulled out because he ended up stating that he only wanted to play fullback we wanted him for centre and we had only just extended Dwz
Not sure about those order of events. It seems like we re-signed DWZ after Latrell was a "non interest". If it was right before well there were already talks coming out about a split within our board/recruitment team regarding Latrell for a bit before that (more about the price tag).

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not sure about those order of events. It seems like we re-signed DWZ after Latrell was a "non interest". If it was right before well there were already talks coming out about a split within our board/recruitment team regarding Latrell for a bit before that (more about the price tag).
They were around the same time roughly but they would of been in talks with dwz about extending before that surely. I’d prefer Mitchell at centre anyways

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fox in blue & white "at market price" would be my caveat. As much as he is top notch for his position If we pay overs for a winger then we are crazy

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So you will be at this morning's meeting to cast your vote for the board?