"we stand by our captain" banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnnistainer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't remember what it said but last night I saw that banner and I thought it was nice.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If only we did have a decent captain who isnt soft and could actually rev up our players, one of our worst captains over the last 30yrs...

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only we did have a decent captain who isnt soft and could actually rev up our players, one of our worst captains over the last 30yrs...
You and Robbie get along well, don't you ...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Because he speaks the truth. Ryan is awful as a captain. No mongrel at all. You can't have a sheep leading a pack of Lions.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because he speaks the truth. Ryan is awful as a captain. No mongrel at all. You can't have a sheep leading a pack of Lions.
Yeah every time i see lockyer - the greatest ever, he is always ranting and firing up

Actions speak louder than words.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
First of all Lockyer is far from the greatest ever. He isn't good enough to tie Andrew Johns' boots. Lewis was much better than him as well. I'd even take Fittler and Daley over him as a 5/8. He has taken very talented Broncos teams to only 1 GF in the past 10 years. Ryan doesn't have inspiring play either.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
keep dreaming about johns, played more SOO and tests at hooker because there were better half backs than him.

just my opinion regarding him as a player - the comment was more about captaincy.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
keep dreaming about johns, played more SOO and tests at hooker because there were better half backs than him.

just my opinion regarding him as a player - the comment was more about captaincy.
That shows how much of a moron you are. All your opinions from now on are invalid.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
First of all Lockyer is far from the greatest ever. He isn't good enough to tie Andrew Johns' boots. Lewis was much better than him as well. I'd even take Fittler and Daley over him as a 5/8. He has taken very talented Broncos teams to only 1 GF in the past 10 years. Ryan doesn't have inspiring play either.
Hahaha what a load of ****.
Firstly what captain since the introduction of the salary cap HAS taken their team to more than one premiership?
The Broncos have never missed a finals series with Lockyer on the field, that's not a coincidence either.

He's won 4 grand finals, captained one, captained 5 SOO winning series, most capped SOO and Australia captain, soon to be the most capped player in NRL history. You only have to see how the players speak of his presence, Thurston, Smith, Petero, etc He is very well respected for a good reason.

I'm not going to say he's the greatest ever, it's hard to say that about ANY player but he's definitely one of the greatest ever.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Queensland showed in the series that he didn't play that they could win it without him. He did nothing this series and they still won. Super League is not a title as half the teams didn't even play in it. Cameron Smith took his team to 4 straight GF's (nearly every team is over the cap before anyone says anything). Hell even Matt Orford lead his team to 2 GF's which is more than Lockyer. Fittler led the Roosters to 4 GF's in 5 years and played in 6 overall. People forget that defense is half the game and for a long time he was awful in that.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hahaha what a load of ****.
Firstly what captain since the introduction of the salary cap HAS taken their team to more than one premiership?
The Broncos have never missed a finals series with Lockyer on the field, that's not a coincidence either.

He's won 4 grand finals, captained one, captained 5 SOO winning series, most capped SOO and Australia captain, soon to be the most capped player in NRL history. You only have to see how the players speak of his presence, Thurston, Smith, Petero, etc He is very well respected for a good reason.

I'm not going to say he's the greatest ever, it's hard to say that about ANY player but he's definitely one of the greatest ever.
I didn't say 1 premiership, I said 1 GF!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Lockyer is easily as good as Johns, one of the best ever

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Andrew Ryan, great Clubman but not the best Captain we have had because he is too nice a Guy.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Andrew Ryan, great Clubman but not the best Captain we have had because he is too nice a Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.