Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to offer Foran, Woods and Tolman to any team that wants them. We should state that we will pay the player’s salary in full for 2019 but after that they have to pay the rest. That would be a massive savings for them and helps us get under the cap for 2020.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to offer Foran, Woods and Tolman to any team that wants them. We should state that we will pay the player’s salary in full for 2019 but after that they have to pay the rest. That would be a massive savings for them and helps us get under the cap for 2020.
Ah...no.
Woods is making mistakes and lazy in defence at times. But I think will start comming good.
Foran, he was good first 5 games, I think he is playing injured?
Tolman..... maybe as he is only on $450- $500k, another club may pick up close to all of that.

Never again should the club be paying $500k for a player to play elsewhere like we are doing now with Graham!!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd be up for a complete reset and starting from scratch with Klemmer, Jackson and RFM as the base.

If it means a shit couple of years bring it on. Not like we're doing anything at the moment anyway.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely need to release the non performers and players who are surplus to our needs

Foran who has been absolute trash since 2014 must go.

Tolman who has been a great servant for the club but is not needed with Jackson at lock.

I can see Tolman being picked up by a club who are looking for a no frills 80min workhorse.

Foran will be the hard one to get rid of as he is not worth minimum wage. Hopefully the club can work out something with Paul Harrigan and NIB Insurance.

I have a gut feeling that Cameron Munster will be at the Dogs by 2020

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree except for Woods, if he had a FB like Teddy, Barba, Turbo etc following him, he would be more dangerous. Agree he maybe overpaid but we have him now so I would stick with him

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t think any other club would touch Foran with a 10 foot pole for his current asking price or anything close to it.
We might be able to offload the other two.....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah...no.
Woods is making mistakes and lazy in defence at times. But I think will start comming good.
Foran, he was good first 5 games, I think he is playing injured?
Tolman..... maybe as he is only on $450- $500k, another club may pick up close to all of that.

Never again should the club be paying $500k for a player to play elsewhere like we are doing now with Graham!!!
Tolman is not on 450- 500, tunks has mentioned many times on talkin sport that he ha seen what tolman is on and its in the vicinity on 700K

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Have you made contact with the board about this proposal ? They will listen, I am sure of it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't sacrifice seasons.
It wouldn't matter if we signed Bill Smith, he would be trained into a lean mean fighting machine and be told to make very effort to win a Premiership including sacrificing his life.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
agree with Foran and Tolman to be shipped out ASAP. Problem with Foran is no club will pay 100k let alone 1m. We might be able to offload Tolman for 60-70% of what we are paying him.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woods is not an issue as our go forward is fine and we do enough in every game to win but lack attacking options.

Foz has been down on form but if we let go of our only experienced player in the spine, then what? Moses back in the halves?.. lol

silva

Utility
Reaction score
people compare us to Newcastle but its totally different. Newcastle were like a mill under the cap last year. no one wanted to go there. All we need to do is tweak our roster and improve the coaching and we would be a contender

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman is not on 450- 500, tunks has mentioned many times on talkin sport that he ha seen what tolman is on and its in the vicinity on 700K
Exactly. He is worry 450k. But he is on over 700k.

Let’s not forget he was considered the best prop in the world by pervious people involved in the club.

If we can move Foran, woods, mbye and Tolman without paying out too much we are ahead. No ifs or buts about it. We have too many players on 700k+ and I doubt many would “walk into” many other teams. Maybe Brett Morris starts on some other teams. Maybe woods. But none will be marquee players anywhere else. We have paid marquee money for over rated, aging or injured players. Why we went so hard for Foran is beyond me. Especially when you consider other contracts we had floating around which were grossly structured. Then you splash a million on a player that hasn’t had a good year in 6 years.

I’m not a Foran hater. I think he is a good player when fit. He has the most lines engaged in the league (hopefully all on the field :p) but when you consider with the money you could have picked up Pearce or malloney. They we fucked up.

Fingers crossed hasler gets manly gig and we can release Foran on compassionate grounds because unless we move on some of these ridiculous contracts we not only will go backwards for the next 3 years. We will lose any talent with potential (not that we have any at this time).

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to promote young guns and recruit well... the years we were dominate in the early 2000s we had our juniors like sbw, Thurston, elmasri,asotasi etc and also had loyal players like patten etc

We have never been a good club to buy players and perform well as they just don’t get the bulldog culture. Start the rebuild to what used to work and go from there. Simple

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woods is not an issue as our go forward is fine and we do enough in every game to win but lack attacking options.

Foz has been down on form but if we let go of our only experienced player in the spine, then what? Moses back in the halves?.. lol
Down on form for the last 4 years or a broken down body the last 4 years?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jmoz & Bmoz are currently irreplaceable but as it stands the salary cap is what it is

Eastwood has and will be replaced comfortably

Next year we will have a massive void on the left edge and once again we will be disabled in the halves.

It would be ideal to find new homes for Tolman, Lichaa & Foran and hopefully release some salary cap pressure. I wouldnt mind taking a gamble on Ryle Jacks who is off contract this year and who wouldnt be on much more that minimum salary

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The board have backed themselves into a corner by saying they won't pay players to play elsewhere.

There's a few hard years ahead and we're already at 14 years since last premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.