Opinion We need to move Kikau to the front row

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Take the most damaging edge forward in the game and move him to the middle to make more tackles and less attacking ball?
Maybe we should just get him fit so he can do what he does best?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m going to remain anonymous in this post in case some don’t like the idea so I avoid getting abuse for it.
What about moving him to centre? He can definitely run like a barnstoming centre and might hurt the defence a little bit more.
He’s not a centre but he’s more effective out wide than the middle. Maybe certain block plays he ends up at centre receiving the ball.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Leave Kikau as an edge forward and just focus on what can be done so that he can maximise his minutes on the field each game, ideally the full 80. Opposition teams hate defending against him so just keep him on the field and keep giving him da ball! Maybe recruit the F1 racing driver Daniel Ricarrdo to play in the other edge forward role as well ....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Remember we have IBS dog coming, he can EASILY replace Kikau on an edge.

willow dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This has to happen. As someone mentioned on here, he played in the front row coming through in the lower grades.

He is the only one capable on our current roster that can become our forward leader with his defence, and the forward leader must play in the middle.

A lot of edge players move to the middle in the latter part of their careers as they get a bit heavier. Kikau plays so hard and goes all out that I think using him in stints in the middle might be better for him and the team too. The rest of the team will follow his lead and won’t stop moving in defence.

In 2021 he was struggling to get through 80 mins on an edge at Penrith and it was the same this year (albeit injury interrupted). We can’t have him shoot out of the line defending on an edge because it exposes us as we are not a good defensive team. But he can shoot out of the line in defending in the middle as it will pose less risk and again - he can lead our line that way as the forward leader.
Have you got rocks in your head
They is no way he a prop , waste of the best edge forward in the game

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has to happen. As someone mentioned on here, he played in the front row coming through in the lower grades.

He is the only one capable on our current roster that can become our forward leader with his defence, and the forward leader must play in the middle.

A lot of edge players move to the middle in the latter part of their careers as they get a bit heavier. Kikau plays so hard and goes all out that I think using him in stints in the middle might be better for him and the team too. The rest of the team will follow his lead and won’t stop moving in defence.

In 2021 he was struggling to get through 80 mins on an edge at Penrith and it was the same this year (albeit injury interrupted). We can’t have him shoot out of the line defending on an edge because it exposes us as we are not a good defensive team. But he can shoot out of the line in defending in the middle as it will pose less risk and again - he can lead our line that way as the forward leader.
No way, he will be destructive for us like he was at the perrith, if we can get the players inside him play like real spine players.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No issue with him at second row he was injured all year rather actually have a strike option than experimenting him in the middle.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not against the idea, but the preference at this stage should be for Kiks to stay on an edge and buy a quality middle.
Once he loses a yard or two of pace he'll move to the middle, but while he is still capable of being a threat on the edge he'll stay there.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not against the idea, but the preference at this stage should be for Kiks to stay on an edge and buy a quality middle.
Once he loses a yard or two of pace he'll move to the middle, but while he is still capable of being a threat on the edge he'll stay there.
As they say . . . Necessity is the mother of invention

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have an idea.

Let’s put Kikau to fullback, Critta to Prop and Taffe to Backrow.

Actually, who needs positions just let them play wherever they want depending on how they’re feeling on game day after breakfast.

Give me a break.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This actually isnt a bad idea particurly while we dont have any decent halfs for him to run off on the edge. We saw how ineffective he is this yr when he was asked to do it all. He was also a liability in Defence

Get him in the middle to tuck it under the arm and give us some power thru the centre. Simplifys his defensive worrys also

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His more destructive on the edge .
I agree, he could be like Fafita even better. We haven't even had the benefit of a consistent season in the back row let alone change him to the front. Lets see how he goes next season at least to begin with at edge.

I think if we get Siosiua Taukeiaho and another big prop or maybe even with King or blood Booth we will be OK up front. I like the back row of Kikau, Preston and Curran.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember we have IBS dog coming, he can EASILY replace Kikau on an edge.
OK not up to date on nicknames(wtf does ibs dog mean in english?)but assume your referring to Salmon?

I'm a no on moving Kikau at this stage all I hope for is in 24 he is that damaging edge player for us..
PS who unlocks him? Maybe someone like Hutchison? Is he even signed well fkd if i know Mal but he might be our first choice 7 I reckon.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK not up to date on nicknames(wtf does ibs dog mean in english?)but assume your referring to Salmon?

I'm a no on moving Kikau at this stage all I hope for is in 24 he is that damaging edge player for us..
PS who unlocks him? Maybe someone like Hutchison? Is he even signed well fkd if i know Mal but he might be our first choice 7 I reckon.
Def not hutchinson lol guy is a plodder. Booming left foot but that is all and we already have one of those lol. Hes no good theu the hands

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

IBS = irritable bowel syndrome = weak gutted. So Salmon is now IBS dog. Luai will unlock him next season for us.