News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Letting a young Lane go for this guy set the club back years. The fact he is our longest serving player is a disgrace

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
When I think about it.
It’s not a case of if someone picks up the tab of his contract.
If he is on 400 and we pay 200 and London pay 200, that is good for us but how does that help RFM? He gets the same amount of money whether he chills at home or goes.
He will be 32 when his contract is up and that’s probably stumps for him.
He is better of sitting at home watching SpongeBob and doing odd warehouses shifts and getting 450 a year.
The only way I see it being worth it for him is if he gets paid MORE to play elsewhere.
So we might need to chip in 300 and hope someoen gives him 200

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have factual information on what's happened?

Seems like a lot of blind leading the blind
Yeah I don’t remember seeing one bit of evidence that it was RFM that bitched to Buzz… but somehow it’s become the flavor of the week and people are so sure of it. Go figure

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t remember seeing one bit of evidence that it was RFM that bitched to Buzz… but somehow it’s become the flavor of the week and people are so sure of it. Go figure
Buzz said on the show when arguing with Graham that RFM has been the spokesperson for the “islander boys” and representing them and he was complaining about training being too hard. He threw him right under the bus when they weren’t even mentioning his name! So it’s pretty obvious where Buzz is getting his information from

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that’s the case RFM should sack his manager apologies to the club and players and put his head down and work hard.
I guess that's an option for him still if a club switch doesn't eventuate. Unless we sack him, it's on him to get back in playing contention. If it was actually him as it would seem if the buzz slip up has weight. It's not something you let slip to Rothfield.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM abused his standing of Club Captain to campaign for a lighter training regime - in elite professional sport, who the f### requests to take it easier at training? Especially when our training is on par with every other NRL club (just shows how much standards slipped during TBs time with his conditioning sidekick).

RFM should have been supporting those young kids through the training not asking the coach to take it easy…

To add to everything, RFM ratted out the club to the enemy at Fox who take delight at the Club being painting in a negative light…

I back the approach taken here, he’s toxic to the playing group and should be far removed.

Ciro fu<ked up too by appointing RFM as club captain in the first place, should have been King… not sure what he was thinking - maybe he saw something at the time we didn’t.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't think he was that bad, knew he missed a few games for some reason, if he wants to have an honest crack in '24 should be of some value.
If the gutless prank, the catalyst for so much shit and hard to deal with is affecting anyone then some people stick to their guns.
Who knows what the story is, telling someone to fuck off at training is fucked.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM abused his standing of Club Captain to campaign for a lighter training regime - in elite professional sport, who the f### requests to take it easier at training? Especially when our training is on par with every other NRL club (just shows how much standards slipped during TBs time with his conditioning sidekick).

RFM should have been supporting those young kids through the training not asking the coach to take it easy…

To add to everything, RFM ratted out the club to the enemy at Fox who take delight at the Club being painting in a negative light…

I back the approach taken here, he’s toxic to the playing group and should be far removed.

Ciro fu<ked up too by appointing RFM as club captain in the first place, should have been King… not sure what he was thinking - maybe he saw something at the time we didn’t.
Is this gospel? Who's your sauce!!

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
very sensible .. there's been nothing more than hear say.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apologies I missed that. Wonder why the club hasn’t sacked him then. Surely there’s some clause in their contracts which say a player can’t go to the media with inside dealings of the club
Aren't Journalists supposed to not give up their sources. If buzz actually gave him up he's a total asswipe.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

There’s a bucket load of assumption in that spiel, none of which is known, just wild guesses.

What do we actually know for certain?

Not farkin much, it would seem that “some poly players” asked RFM to talk to CC about training. We don’t know who the “some poly players” actually are. RFM as Club Captain is duty bound to pass the message on, that’s part of his role.

That’s pretty much it.

Did RFM complain about his personal workload? I can’t imagine that being the case, he did extras on the extras to recover from his bitch of a foot injury. He kept at it, full on, despite many set backs, and not for the first time. Complaining about his training simply doesn’t fit with his previous actions.

What we do know is RFM has a valid and enforceable contract, he is not an employee, he can not be simply fired and told to fark off. If we want to terminate his contract then there has to be grounds for us doing that. Specifically what clause in his contract did he breech? I can’t see passing on thoughts from players to coach would be remotely considered a breech.

There is more here, as many have noted.

Always a Bulldog

Status
Not open for further replies.