News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Doggs should
1. Sack him on the basis of disrepute
2. As it is likely there’s no disrepute. RFM sues
3. RFM wins and we pay the legal compensation
4. This is a tactic to get him off tha books with no cap penalty

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will be interesting once the truth about all of this comes out. It seems that many on here believe they know what's going on behind closed doors at the club, but I'm a little more cautious about believing all the views on here.

Let's just hope we get this shit settled asap so we can move on asap
You are correct, the truth needs to be known before passing on judgment, but don't you think the club wouldn't have been extremely cautious before making such an important decision,
RFM was placed in a very trustworthy position by appointing him the club's captain at the start of the season, we should ask our selves what went wrong to change all this, and do we honestly believe the club would do wrong to upset our rebuild ?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just looked up RFMs manager and SP Sports management, looks like his two biggest stars are RFM and TPJ (also managers some dogs and Eels juniors), This guys is probably now got some bad blood with the club, considering how things with those two players have worked out over the last few years. Worth keeping in mind he may have an agenda. Its a shame how things have gone with ray, one of my favourite players in 2019, worked hard to get back to near his best in 2022, while also winning the community award. Now this.... Seeing as he seems to be managed by a relatively small company hope he wasn't given bad advice....
Just watched his 100 game celebration vid where the club flew over his Mum to be with him. The club has certainly stood by him. He def hasn't had good advice or mentoring from his Management for it to go so wrong for him now.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want it to make sense... it can't just be purely on his form (which was probably impacted by what was happening behind closed doors)... From crying in his captain video earlier this year to now being banished and banned from coming to training..?

Did he bang another players wife or something? Or did he just disagree with a rookie coaches ideas and is now copping it for standing up?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Rayray what have you done
The manager doesn't seem to understand the meaning of fuck off. That's the resolution - FUCK OFF.
Yep, sad to see this involving a player I have always liked, but he must have really fucked up.

A club telling you, you’re “free to negotiate with other clubs” is code for “we don’t want you here anymore “.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Rayray what have you done

Yep, sad to see this involving a player I have always liked, but he must have really fucked up.

A club telling you, you’re “free to negotiate with other clubs” is code for “we don’t want you here anymore “.
Bit late to be getting to the bottom of it..real pro active manager.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that the only takers are apparently super league clubs says a lot. I liked ray and it’s not nice to see him in this position regardless of what may have happened but everyone can see it’s best for both parties if the relationship ends here. Hoping he can find another club and we can all move on

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct, the truth needs to be known before passing on judgment, but don't you think the club wouldn't have been extremely cautious before making such an important decision,
RFM was placed in a very trustworthy position by appointing him the club's captain at the start of the season, we should ask our selves what went wrong to change all this, and do we honestly believe the club would do wrong to upset our rebuild ?
If everything pointed towards appointing Ray as captain being a good choice, how is anyone to know, that 6 months later he’s going to behave in a way that destroys all trust? No one can see that except Nostradamus. As has been mentioned numerous times on here, there weren’t many good candidates, so he kind of got it by default of being a senior player who had been a Bulldog the longest. I think it’s important to point out that he wasn’t appointed team captain. Perhaps that was an error because afaik, before this Jacko was team captain and the only captain.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FWIW, I reckon it was a call made making him club captain on the basis the Poly boys looking up to him and hopefully raising the bar of standards across the club. Instead perhaps he became a kind of union delo for their gripes and his own standards went backwards if anything.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit late to be getting to the bottom of it..real pro active manager.
It’s just in the paper now after the story about not wanting him at training. Who knows what the manager has been saying and doing between when the “training is too hard” saga began. Like he said anyway, his client is under contract for 2 more years. We all know that it’s irrelevant if a club doesn’t want you or vice versa. Some agreement will have to be made because it’s clear there are irreconcilable differences.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His manager is sitting back playing the innocent card so they get max payout and look like the good guys
Hasn't worked. Other players be thinkin' it's been bad personal management whatever the circumstances. Players would be very dubious on this style of representation and advice.

DoggiesHOOHAA

Waterboy
Reaction score
The fact that the only takers are apparently super league clubs says a lot. I liked ray and it’s not nice to see him in this position regardless of what may have happened but everyone can see it’s best for both parties if the relationship ends here. Hoping he can find another club and we can all move on
This is really it, isn't it.

It was clear RFM had the heart there throughout all the years he played but ran into a wall this season.

To see both parties dragged through the mud like this is a reflection of poor management on both ends. Especially prematurely granting him such a prestigious role in the order of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.