News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
doesn’t matter anyways, RFM is done unless he chucks a cobbo and has a stellar season next year. You harp on about how RLPA tapped the bulldogs shoulders. Clearly a workplace can send anyone on garden leave based on information they have at their disposal. What we take from this meeting serves as a warning to all players in our club not to fuck around within The four walls of our club.
RLPA threatened to get involved, and the next minute the club is buckling, meeting with RFM and he's back at training. Yeah, real show of strength. Geez, how deluded are you guys?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Facts don't lie
No, but you do. Mostly to yourself. Honestly, I thought you were just talking nonsense to try and get a rise out of me, but if you legitimately think this was a "suspension" and not a backflip, you are seriously deluded lol

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
RLPA threatened to get involved, and the next minute the club is buckling, meeting with RFM and he's back at training. Yeah, real show of strength. Geez, how deluded are you guys?
what are you on about ? Rlpa are the union. They can recommend what they want to clubs doesn’t mean they have to action it. If a contract was signed and quite possibly there would be NDA’s for internal club duties etc to be held in-house. You bet the club would definitely be raising that with RFM, manager and rlpa as to potential leaks about the club to be aired into the media. Your version may know 25% of the story as always you want to assume and raise potential allegations.

For me Gus never gets told what to do, Cleary you don’t know Gus behind the scenes to know what his doing.

good job familia

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, but you do. Mostly to yourself. Honestly, I thought you were just talking nonsense to try and get a rise out of me, but if you legitimately think this was a "suspension" and not a backflip, you are seriously deluded lol
Really a personal insult?

So you haven't got anything of substance to add and have to resort to the lowest common denominator.

That's a pity.

Like I said facts don't lie.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
what are you on about ? Rlpa are the union. They can recommend what they want to clubs doesn’t mean they have to action it. If a contract was signed and quite possibly there would be NDA’s for internal club duties etc to be held in-house. You bet the club would definitely be raising that with RFM, manager and rlpa as to potential leaks about the club to be aired into the media. Your version may know 25% of the story as always you want to assume and raise potential allegations.

For me Gus never gets told what to do, Cleary you don’t know Gus behind the scenes to know what his doing.

good job familia
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. At the start of the week, RFM is nowhere to be seen at training, reports emerge he has been told not to come within cooee of training (with no mention from the club, or media about any sort of suspension.) Next minute, the RLPA threatens to get involved, and straight away, Gus is seen meeting with RFM and his manager for crisis talk at CBLC. Next day, RFM is miraculously back at training after all.... but yeah, this is how Gus planned it all along. The level of delusion is astronomical.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Really a personal insult?

So you haven't got anything of substance to add and have to resort to the lowest common denominator.

That's a pity.

Like I said facts don't lie.
What personal insult? Telling you I think your POV is delusional?

Ok, so maybe it took a few weeks to hand down the punishment to the Storm boys rather than a few days. That is the one fact you may have presented (I haven't bothered to check into it, but will give you the BOD and assume you did.) But you're splitting hairs. The processes which led to the decision started almost immediately after the NRL caught wind of the info, and the punishment was still handed down in a timely and very transparent manner. There is simply no comparison between that incident and the RFM situation.

The club has literally said nothing about suspending RFM and you just choose to just believe that's what they have done, even though it flies in the face of standard procedure, just because you don't want to accept the club was forced to backtrack. To me, that is a delusional view.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. At the start of the week, RFM is nowhere to be seen at training, reports emerge he has been told not to come within cooee of training (with no mention from the club, or media about any sort of suspension.) Next minute, the RLPA threatens to get involved, and straight away, Gus is seen meeting with RFM and his manager for crisis talk at CBLC. Next day, RFM is miraculously back at training after all.... but yeah, this is how Gus planned it all along. The level of delusion is astronomical.
how do we know that he was stood down? What a article was posted saying his stood down? You just answered your own question. The club didn’t issue a offical post surrounding that. Your believing the dribble from your mate at fox sports mr buzz Centrelink. Clearly if I wrote that flanagun was in domestic violence are we all believe it? Fuck no take everything with a grain of salt.

For all we know the meeting with Gus could have been about something completely different e.g the article that’s come out and we want to speak to you and your manger regading. Your the one who has issues with reading too much articles and being completely knocked on the head as to how to start spilling out random shit to make your agenda seem correct.

Honestly brother it’s better off just starting your own forum with the amount of dribble you decide to spread reading anything and everything that comes out of the media.

For one rlpa didn’t do jack shit to the dogs, rlpa can never come in and say “hi Gus we heard theirs issue, sort out or we will protest in George street”.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Calling someone delusional is an insult.

The club has no obligation to make private industrial relations matters between employer and employee public and I believe may also be a breech of the privacy act as well.

Unlike RFM the Bulldogs have not conducted their business in public going back to Bullfrogs days, except for a couple of aberrations lately.

Not everything has to be made public and not everything public is a conspiracy.

You have lost yourself in a negative mindset that it has become just one track and can't see the full picture.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
how do we know that he was stood down? What a article was posted saying his stood down? You just answered your own question. The club didn’t issue a offical post surrounding that. Your believing the dribble from your mate at fox sports mr buzz Centrelink. Clearly if I wrote that flanagun was in domestic violence are we all believe it? Fuck no take everything with a grain of salt.

For all we know the meeting with Gus could have been about something completely different e.g the article that’s come out and we want to speak to you and your manger regading. Your the one who has issues with reading too much articles and being completely knocked on the head as to how to start spilling out random shit to make your agenda seem correct.

Honestly brother it’s better off just starting your own forum with the amount of dribble you decide to spread reading anything and everything that comes out of the media.

For one rlpa didn’t do jack shit to the dogs, rlpa can never come in and say “hi Gus we heard theirs issue, sort out or we will protest in George street”.
The media reported he was told to stay away from training, he wasn't at training, the RLPA signalled intent to get involved, next minute Gus was down at the leagues club holding talks with him and his manager.... next day, RFM was back at training. It's just deductive reasoning, fam. Pretty obvious what happened.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The media reported he was told to stay away from training, he wasn't at training, the RLPA signalled intent to get involved, next minute Gus was down at the leagues club holding talks with him and his manager.... next day, RFM was back at training. It's just deductive reasoning, fam. Pretty obvious what happened.
media Reported - doesn’t mean it’s true
Rlpa involved - not stated by them they did
Gus meeting - doesn’t mean it was back tracking

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Calling someone delusional is an insult.

The club has no obligation to make private industrial relations matters between employer and employee public and I believe may also be a breech of the privacy act as well.

Unlike RFM the Bulldogs have not conducted their business in public going back to Bullfrogs days, except for a couple of aberrations lately.

Not everything has to be made public and not everything public is a conspiracy.

You have lost yourself in a negative mindset that it has become just one track and can't see the full picture.
No, I didn't insult you. I actually tried to walk away from the debate. I tried to just say ok, and leave you to your opinion, but you kept at me.... kept trying to hammer me with your viewpoint, which in my eyes is completely irrational. So if you're going to keep coming at me, I'm going to tell you just how irrational I think it is.

If the club likes to conduct its business in private, why would it hold a very public crisis meeting with RFM and his manager the day after the RLPA indicates its intention to get involved, to discuss a so called suspension that had already been handed down? Nothing about your argument adds up, fam. There is a very clear chain of events here. RFM not at training > RLPA flags intention to get involved > Crisis meeting > RFM back at training.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You suffer from the same issue I have.

Gotta have the last word.

This can go on forever.

As for the public crisis meeting, was the media invited?
Does anyone actually know exactly what was said?
All you see is 3 people having a coffee.

No personal or professional information has been made public about that meeting.

All anyone knows is that a meeting was held. The rest is just speculation.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
For the millionth time NRL Players are not employees.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
media Reported - doesn’t mean it’s true
Rlpa involved - not stated by them they did
Gus meeting - doesn’t mean it was back tracking
The RLPA may not have said anything publicly, but this is exactly the sort of situation they do get involved in, so I see no reason to disbelieve the media in this case. RFM was told not to come to training and his manager openly came out and said he didn't understand the situation and wanted clarity. You could bet your bottom dollar if that clarity had not been provided, the RLPA would have gotten involved. Generally if players are suspended, they are suspended from games, not just a few days of training... and if they are suspended, the situation is conveyed clearly to the player and agent (usually the media too in order to prevent non constructive speculation.) I really don't think it's reasonable to assume this was a suspension.
You suffer from the same issue I have.

Gotta have the last word.

This can go on forever.

As for the public crisis meeting, was the media invited?
Does anyone actually know exactly what was said?
All you see is 3 people having a coffee.

No personal or professional information has been made public about that meeting.

All anyone knows is that a meeting was held. The rest is just speculation.
Well, it's hard to not try and get another word in when questions are asked.

Not saying the media was invited, but CBLC is a public place.... if they wanted to hold a more private meeting, they could have met somewhere where the media was less likely to be staking them out....I mean outside of belmore HQ and the leagues club are the first places a ajourno would look.

Nobody knows exactly what was said, but the timeline of events is enough to satisfy me of what went down. Fair enough if you hold a different view. I shouldn't have called it delusional. Apologies if that offended you. To me, it just doesn't add up, that's all.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
For the millionth time NRL Players are not employees.

Always a Bulldog
Ive been involved with players at sharks and manly, and they are paid as employees. They get paid per month at these clubs and payslips from the clubs themselves. They are not contractors.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The RLPA may not have said anything publicly, but this is exactly the sort of situation they do get involved in, so I see no reason to disbelieve the media in this case. RFM was told not to come to training and his manager openly came out and said he didn't understand the situation and wanted clarity. You could bet your bottom dollar if that clarity had not been provided, the RLPA would have gotten involved. Generally if players are suspended, they are suspended from games, not just a few days of training... and if they are suspended, the situation is conveyed clearly to the player and agent (usually the media too in order to prevent non constructive speculation.) I really don't think it's reasonable to assume this was a suspension.

Well, it's hard to not try and get another word in when questions are asked.

Not saying the media was invited, but CBLC is a public place.... if they wanted to hold a more private meeting, they could have met somewhere where the media was less likely to be staking them out....I mean outside of belmore HQ and the leagues club are the first places a ajourno would look.

Nobody knows exactly what was said, but the timeline of events is enough to satisfy me of what went down. Fair enough if you hold a different view. I shouldn't have called it delusional. Apologies if that offended you. To me, it just doesn't add up, that's all.
All anyone knows is that a meeting took place.

Did anyone really believe that sooner or later that wouldn't have happened?

Seriously dude, you can do better than that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All anyone knows is that a meeting took place.

Did anyone really believe that sooner or later that wouldn't have happened?

Seriously dude, you can do better than that.
Geez, I apologise to you for calling you delusional, say you're entitled to your opinion and then rather than leave me to mine, you come at me again with more questions. Then you sign off with a patronising comment. That's twice now I've tried to say agree to disagree, so don't say I'm the one who wants to get the last word in lol

If the club had any brains, they'd have held the meeting before RFM was told not to come to training and negative headlines were generated, The fact the meeting took place after and not before those negative headlines were generated tells me it was a reactive meeting and not a proactive one.

I can do better than this? You wouldn't want me to, because I think I'm already doing better than you, to be honest lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geez, I apologise to you for calling you delusional, say you're entitled to your opinion and then rather than leave me to mine, you come at me again with more questions. Then you sign off with a patronising comment. That's twice now I've tried to say agree to disagree, so don't say I'm the one who wants to get the last word in lol

If the club had any brains, they'd have held the meeting before RFM was told not to come to training and negative headlines were generated, The fact the meeting took place after and not before those negative headlines were generated tells me it was a reactive meeting and not a proactive one.

I can do better than this? You wouldn't want me to, because I think I'm already doing better than you, to be honest lol
If you really want to walk away you just wouldn't have replied to my last message but you just can't help yourself.

At least I can admit I need to have the last word.

And if you think you are doing so well why is your whole argument about which table they had there meeting at. That is just petty

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all just speculation being passed off as your own opinion. As always based on no facts other than a correlation you’ve put together when you’re not smashing replies on here.

Great deductive reasoning! Buzz May take that and run a story. Hopefully you get a credit somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.