We need another legend on the board!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is indeed a sad day for me as a bulldog supporter. We have lost a godfather figure in Steve Mortimer.
His resignation leaves a huge void. Where to now?. I need a father figure on the board. A club legend to carry the mantle on my behalf as a fan. I won't beat around the bush on my preference but for me that man is Ben Czislowski.
To me this man was a fearless player who's playing methods unfortunately where ahead of their time. A player who had the ability to turn attack into defense. He played to his strengths and whilst he knew he had no ability to bend the defensive line, he was able to have the defensive line bend him. So much so that in most cases he was almost snapped in half like a defective chopstick.
We where indeed blessed to have him recommended to us by the great Wayne Bennett. To my knowledge this was Wayne's one and only prank he ever played in his life.
After a season with the broncos, Wayne knew that Ben was a distraction to his other forwards. They where in complete awe of this amazing player. Ben had set the bar too high that team morale was low.
Under Wayne's guidance , he recommended this gem to the bulldogs. He thought that his style of play was better suited to the dogs of war. Indeed he was right as we had immediate success from premiers 2004 to almost wooden spooners in 2005.
The novice fan will look at statistics and see he was the only player ever in the history of the game to have lost more metres than actually gained as a forward. The purists will debate that stats don't always tell the true story in what a player actually offers to the balance of the team. This kamikazi warrior was an inspiration to tiring defenses. There were many games we had teams at our mercy. When Ben came on as an interchange, the game became a contest.
People talk courage of the modern day player. Of all the heroic deeds of players past, this man played with no self preservation. To carry another player's tooth unknowingly in his forehead for 3 months speaks volumes and really defines who he is.
We where very lucky at the time that no other club had the foresight to poach and utilize his extraordinary talents. It could of been another case of deja vu for our club of Jonathan Thurston proportions. I'm not prepared to see us lose another legend. This is my chance to vote someone who defines passion. heart and game knowledge on the board.
In my opinion this Forrest Gumplike character has all the attributes and DNA to carry our club into a positive way forward and out of this mess that was today.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mortimer isnt going anywhere..

him not being on the footy club board does not mean as much as your making it out ... hes on the leagues club board which funds the footy club..

the man will be around till the very end

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He won't have any vote on the direction of the club, but, he is now free to speak his mind publicly, and he is still the top Bulldogs legend, its not like his thoughts don't carry weight anyway, so its true he doesn't actually leave being a part of the clubs material.

If we where going to stick with a ex player for that seat I'd put El Magic in it, but I'd hope we just put the best person in it, ex player or not (and would give no weight to it being a ex player given the two are very different jobs).

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would like Darren Edgar Britt on the board

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of aunty, i think Raelene and Todd Greenburg are the same person.
I have no issues if he wants to do 2 ceo jobs.
My only concern is should that heavy duty toupee fall off, someone could seriously be injured.

Reactions: DT

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i'm probably in the minority, but we need to look forwards no backwards

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is indeed a sad day for me as a bulldog supporter. We have lost a godfather figure in Steve Mortimer.
His resignation leaves a huge void. Where to now?. I need a father figure on the board. A club legend to carry the mantle on my behalf as a fan. I won't beat around the bush on my preference but for me that man is Ben Czislowski.
To me this man was a fearless player who's playing methods unfortunately where ahead of their time. A player who had the ability to turn attack into defense. He played to his strengths and whilst he knew he had no ability to bend the defensive line, he was able to have the defensive line bend him. So much so that in most cases he was almost snapped in half like a defective chopstick.
We where indeed blessed to have him recommended to us by the great Wayne Bennett. To my knowledge this was Wayne's one and only prank he ever played in his life.
After a season with the broncos, Wayne knew that Ben was a distraction to his other forwards. They where in complete awe of this amazing player. Ben had set the bar too high that team morale was low.
Under Wayne's guidance , he recommended this gem to the bulldogs. He thought that his style of play was better suited to the dogs of war. Indeed he was right as we had immediate success from premiers 2004 to almost wooden spooners in 2005.
The novice fan will look at statistics and see he was the only player ever in the history of the game to have lost more metres than actually gained as a forward. The purists will debate that stats don't always tell the true story in what a player actually offers to the balance of the team. This kamikazi warrior was an inspiration to tiring defenses. There were many games we had teams at our mercy. When Ben came on as an interchange, the game became a contest.
People talk courage of the modern day player. Of all the heroic deeds of players past, this man played with no self preservation. To carry another player's tooth unknowingly in his forehead for 3 months speaks volumes and really defines who he is.
We where very lucky at the time that no other club had the foresight to poach and utilize his extraordinary talents. It could of been another case of deja vu for our club of Jonathan Thurston proportions. I'm not prepared to see us lose another legend. This is my chance to vote someone who defines passion. heart and game knowledge on the board.
In my opinion this Forrest Gumplike character has all the attributes and DNA to carry our club into a positive way forward and out of this mess that was today.
Gold!
Best post I've read for a while...lmfao

You are right though, when will this club recognise the great and fearless contribution this 'kamakazi warrior' made to our DNA?

Funnily enough I think he may now be happiest of all because the club is replicating his playing style, 2 steps forward and 8 steps backwards, all in the one motion...lol

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If its an ex player then lets hope they pick one with Brains this time round.

Status
Not open for further replies.