We need a strong ball running 2nd rower

Status
Not open for further replies.

djt

doggies no.1
Reaction score
young hindmarsh??? Hindmarsh use to rip the defence apart like no tomorrow he was a great tackle breaker.. Warburton has showed zero in attack never busted one tackle or one offload ... He is sub par at best!!!!
exactly!!!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id love to see Mateo wearing the blue &white jersey, And with Parra re-signing Hindmarsh for around $400k, Hayne $500k, & signing Poore for something like $350k & Shakelton for good coin. We just may be able to make an attractive offer for 2011. Not to mention they want to re-sign Mortimor & with the season they have had I'm sure some of the other players would be looking for a pay rise.
x2 Would luv him playing in blue n white

djt

doggies no.1
Reaction score
id love to see mateo wearing the blue &white jersey, and with parra re-signing hindmarsh for around $400k, hayne $500k, & signing poore for something like $350k & shakelton for good coin. We just may be able to make an attractive offer for 2011. Not to mention they want to re-sign mortimor & with the season they have had i'm sure some of the other players would be looking for a pay rise.
x3

DoggyDawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
im hoping martin tapau from the 20s develops into a damaging 2nd rower.. it would have been nice if we had a look at Dane Laurie too...

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
im hoping martin tapau from the 20s develops into a damaging 2nd rower.. it would have been nice if we had a look at Dane Laurie too...
we dont take guys who bash women in this club.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Say hypothetically we sign Mateo.

Where does he play?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
second row
daaaaahhhhhhhhh
Warburton,Paea,Gordon,Ryan,Halatau,Harrison,Lee T etc. all playing 2nd row.
You couldn't see him at 5/8th with his ball skills out to Morris/Goodwin/Idris, hmmm daaaaahhhhhh.

Shanghai Dog

Campsie/Yangtze
Reaction score
Our weakness is creativity in nos. 6, 12-11 and bench. Kimmorley, Stagg and Ennis are fine. Eastwood is gone now. Can't carry both warburton and ryan ion second row. Too similar. Same with hickey, hodgson and armit up front. Not enough variety. Someone else in the forum said Roberts would be a great bench player. In a perfect world, D Mortimer at 6 and Roberts off the bench at key points would be good. As for next 7? Blake Green reminds me of that guy Greg Mackey that we signed in the late 80s to replace Mortimer. You really need to sign or make a star there. Putting a journeyman won't work.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We tried the No 7 journeyman in Holdsworth and it flopped dismally.

Chris.P

I'm a Manager
Reaction score
im hoping martin tapau from the 20s develops into a damaging 2nd rower..
I'm tipping he will see some first grade next year.

Very exciting prospect, our best in the 20's by far this year

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
I'm tipping he will see some first grade next year.

Very exciting prospect, our best in the 20's by far this year
Kevvy said he will be training with the FG squad during the off-season as well as a couple of others.

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Got to agree with all the comments suggesting we need a hard running and creative backrower.

We really need the second phase play, Parra showed on friday night how dangerous it is. Buddy Gordon and Eastwood have been consistantly bending the line all season, with Eastwood adding offloads, we need an adequate replacement for him - Buddy stands out at the momment.

Also agree with the Andrew Ryan comments - he has been below best for at least 3 seasons now but it is a bit of a jam because he is club captain if you drop him it could lead to other issues such as a disharmony in the team. Something to think about

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
hopefully paea and/or halatau can help us out in that department

G

giant

Got to agree with all the comments suggesting we need a hard running and creative backrower.

We really need the second phase play, Parra showed on friday night how dangerous it is. Buddy Gordon and Eastwood have been consistantly bending the line all season, with Eastwood adding offloads, we need an adequate replacement for him - Buddy stands out at the momment.

Also agree with the Andrew Ryan comments - he has been below best for at least 3 seasons now but it is a bit of a jam because he is club captain if you drop him it could lead to other issues such as a disharmony in the team. Something to think about
they can get over it they are grown men bk or l patten to replace him if he is still not performing by round 10 imo

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this since the eels game.
Im sorry to say,but we miss sonny bill big time. Think of what he would of done to half the parra scum team.
Those cute offloads to put josh or jamal away for a try.

I know we have a good team and all that, but the x-factor he brought to our team was incredible, and i know he would of put hayne/moi moi and clan on their back side.

But as we all know, the idiot lost it all by doing a fricken mundine.

I miss him, and i wouldnt mind the club talking to him in the near future.
He is too good to be lost to Rugby League.

P.S. Id rather he come back to us then to another team, cause that would really hurt us supporters. EVen if you think it wont, trust me it will.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this since the eels game.
Im sorry to say,but we miss sonny bill big time. Think of what he would of done to half the parra scum team.
Those cute offloads to put josh or jamal away for a try.

I know we have a good team and all that, but the x-factor he brought to our team was incredible, and i know he would of put hayne/moi moi and clan on their back side.

But as we all know, the idiot lost it all by doing a fricken mundine.

I miss him, and i wouldnt mind the club talking to him in the near future.
He is too good to be lost to Rugby League.

P.S. Id rather he come back to us then to another team, cause that would really hurt us supporters. EVen if you think it wont, trust me it will.
No doubt his talent on the field was exceptional but remember the clubs motto:

"It's the Club first, Team second and the Individual third."

Status
Not open for further replies.