Opinion We need a proper home ground

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously! We really need Belmore or a new stadium in Liverpool to become our tribal home ground. What do we need to do to make it happen?
The problem is Canterbury and Bankstown electorates (Council, State and Federal) are not swinging seats, so none of the political parties are remotely interested in supporting anything regarding infrastructure in those areas. To put it bluntly there is no pork barrelling going to happen because no party will benefit from it, much better to spend the money elsewhere. Bankstown Council haveyoursay@cbcity.nsw.gov.au is run by greenies impersonating independents, they oppose any infrastructure. The State Member for Bankstown Tania Mihailuk bankstown@parliament.nsw.gov.au , ex Council, is a waste of oxygen, been in parliament for 12 years and done nothing for the local area. The State Member for Canterbury Sophie Cotsis canterbury@parliament.nsw.gov.au has been in parliament exactly the same amount of time and has done exactly the same amount for the local community, SFA. Tony Burke 02 9750 9088, the Federal Member, claims to be Bulldogs supporter but he has done absolutely nothing in regards to supporting us. There is a Federal Election coming up and has he said anything about getting something, anything for us, not that I have heard.

If you want to get something done in regards to our home ground then they are the 4 contacts you need to talk to.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If belmore was to happen I would want a complete knockdown and rebuild with no hill and underground parking.
otherwise Liverpool
Parking over the railway line, Transport NSW are more than happy to lease the airspace.

Always a Bulldog

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, I get belmore parking is shit but the atmosphere is 50x better than ANZ, not like we’ll get any less attendance at belmore

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Once Souffs move out we will have ANZ all to ourselves

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seriously, I get belmore parking is shit but the atmosphere is 50x better than ANZ, not like we’ll get any less attendance at belmore
the atmosphere against broncos was great, we need bigger crowds thats all, people need to get out and support the team instead being on here and being negative all the time.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely Gus's backyard would be big enough for all our home games.
Would surely be an advantage.
I imagine he has a castle similar to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need a proper half back & coach before anything else. What is the point in building a new stadium to watch a cooked team play.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a proper half back & coach before anything else. What is the point in building a new stadium to watch a cooked team play.
Wtf are you on about. We beat a cowboys team that has won 2 straight since and we played very good against the broncos and should have won. We also nearly beat manly at brookvale

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
the atmosphere against broncos was great, we need bigger crowds thats all, people need to get out and support the team instead being on here and being negative all the time.
100% the negativity is pretty bad along with the death riding of players like averillo etc. the crowd at the broncos game was great for a Sunday at 5:15 game. I wish i could come and support more but i live in QLD but if we get those type of crowds and slightly bigger ones regularly than that will be awesome.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Won't happen. The new Sydney Football Stadium will cost well over $800 million when finished. I love my footy and I love my Bulldogs but would rather that sort of money get spent on hospitals, schools, doctors and nurses.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Next time we play the Raiders or Cowboys it should be at Belmore.