We need a halfback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
LOL

hughes shouldnt even be in the team let alone main playmaker!
You must be blind. We were noticibly better with him at dummy half than with Sullivan. Sulli needs more time to gel into the squad. He also needs to stop passing the ball to Holdsworth...he's freaking useless

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You must be blind. We were noticibly better with him at dummy half than with Sullivan. Sulli needs more time to gel into the squad. He also needs to stop passing the ball to Holdsworth...he's freaking useless
hahahahahah

you goose now i've heard it all.

if you honestly believe we get a better roll-on in attack and service with hughes over sullivan then you are either know nothing about rugby league or are blind. imo it is a combination of both with you judging by your last comments.

J

Johnno

Groom would have no problem with first grade once he gets fully fit.

onyx

Waterboy
Reaction score
Halfback lol....... thats the least of your problems

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hey why dont we get jesus. he can create miracles. hear he is pretty fast..
maybe just what we need
LEAVE HOLDSWORTH ALONE. WORKING WITH JOEY FOR A REASON.

If the coach, the current one. the one you all want to see his head on a stake.. yes that one. thinks he can do it. then

ON MY COMMAND UNLEASH HELL.

lets be honest the guys in charge know fair more then u could ever dream..............

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In my opinion , if a eam is going to be competetive , then a class halfback is what u need ! Take a look at the top teams , Cronk , Prince , Thurston , Orford , etc.............Holdsworth is a tryer , but thats it ! He doesn't run the show , like a halfback should !
We have some cash , so lets make a play for Micheal Monaghan ! We need some direction BIG TIME !
what do u think of a monaghan. u know that bloke that used to play for manly

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
for real its a team sport. oh danny bouy did fine as we made ground on the night. forwards attacked well.
there is a reason we dont coach.........
we all know nothing lol....
bad night we had a plan didnt work bugger.
not folkes fault we tried our best and i say we as we sit in out chairs and drink our beers and tell the ladies to address our needs. lol lol .
wake up and smell what ur shovling.
we missed out bugger.
we get them when they need to win to make the finals.
then screw freddie( i did your mum) fittler

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
folkes won't give groom a go. Simple as that. What the fans see folkes can't see.
Folkes sees a hell of a lot more than the fans. Are the fans at every training session? Groom is recovering from a cork anyway, and can he have the effective kicking game of Holdsworth? can he direct the team around sufficiently? Not to my knowledge.

People want to drop players but there really isn't better options right this minute.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
im not sure if anyone is keen on coming to the dogs, even carl webb knocked back a offer
Thank **** for that! He's so **** it's not funny. Make an offer to Ben Hannant IMO. Tough as nails and goes hard.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
That's why it was 20 - 0 mate.......we had enough ball inthe first 20 minutes in their quarter but we lacked so much in enterprise or attack ! If your in your opponents quarter , that's where your halfback takes over mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was it the halfback's fault Tonga got held up on the 6th? Was it the halfback's fault Te Maari knocked on close to the tryline?

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
id be happy to keep the current squad, i think they r showing a lot of promise,
that first 20 they were really gd (excluding the fact the didnt produce any points)
bit more "ok a farkn lot more" ball control & the result could have been totally different, Ball Control Fellas, Ball Control;
Nah mate, get rid of the lot of them and we'll win every match. Actually, it's all the halfback's fault. Just get rid of him and we'll be awesome. Fair dinkum, it's embarrassing reading this. There are plenty of areas where the team could improve but DJ cops it as usual.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

there must be some sort of problem with monaghan because i think he is a fantastic player yet not many nrl clubs wanted him when manly were trying to offload him.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah mate, get rid of the lot of them and we'll win every match. Actually, it's all the halfback's fault. Just get rid of him and we'll be awesome. Fair dinkum, it's embarrassing reading this. There are plenty of areas where the team could improve but DJ cops it as usual.
agree with the dude. we had a loss. OMG season over. thank god we can all go home.
No wait lets call for some heads on a plater. A nice silvery plater.
its all good on fantasy island

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I'd sign gower @ all costs he would be such a huge signing for the bulldogs

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being at the game last night gave me a 'proper' look at the team. The opportunities they blew last night was painful, more so that I was about a dozen rows back on that tryline. I think the roosters did 2 line drop outs, so there was even more opportunities for us to score. It doesn't matter if it's due to lack of direction/leadership from the halves, something has to be done, either through dropping players or a reshuffle.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's what we lacked tonight. But the effort of the team in general was fantastic. In past seasons I have been disappointed at times with our attitude. But not the last two weeks. The commitment is there, it's just the on-field leadership that is poor. And a class halfback is the answer.

Not sure where he will end up coming form, but he will appear, and our prospects for next year and beyond are exciting. We could also do with a class centre, but sounds like we may have a few in the NYC that might fit the bill. The halfback we need may also be already playing in our under-20's - Barba looks the goods.

The way the youngsters are going we might be better to spend our money keeping them than buying "name" players on the wrong side of their best.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw the cheque book at Gower, or Michael Monaghan! I cant believe we did not chase him when many made their intentions clear. FCUK youth for now, we need some quality in the side. By the time Barba is ready, The general, Sonny, Bob-cat, etc will be on walking sticks. Then we'll go through the same cycle again. We need a good halfback to give our boys a bit of direction and confidence

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Bennett is leaving the Broncos. Lets throw 600K at Lokyer now. Maybe he will ask for a release and come here next year

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lack of halfback wasnt the reason we where done 20 nil at half time TBH
you don't think? we played better football for the first half hour but couldn't score, the team with the quality 6 could

what a mistake letting anasta go to keep mason was

Status
Not open for further replies.