We must spend, spend, spend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnno

To be honest dude I dont know if I have seen him play much. What comp is he in?
Was SG ball now NYC 110 kilo center who is a pure athlete, easily comparable to a young tiquiri right now.
PS: I never make these sorts of flamin comparisons but this one is close to the money

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ill keep my eye out for him.

BLEEDING BLUE

Waterboy
Reaction score
hickey is hopeless, slow, heavy footed and has no impact whatsoever!
U must be blind!

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idris is about 16 or 17 playing with 20 year olds?

The guy is a talent, AFL leaps, great speed, and strength and an amazingly tough defence.

He sh!ts all over Utai already

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im sick of people suggesting that we shouldnt throw big money at players. We have it and we must use it.Too many supporters overate our youngsters, the truth is only a handful are 1st grade material in the future. I say throw the money bags at blokes like Carl Webb and Cooper, and make our team competitive again in the near future and not 10 years from now.

Yeah, we definately need to spend money next year, but we dont want to go overboard

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It seems quite obvious the club is positioning itself for big buys and with the 09 comp in mind.

They made advance player payments to luke patten and andrew ryan this year in exchange for lower salaries over the next few years. The seem happy to let reni walk as they did a lot of 'stars' last year. This means a bucket of money for next year.

The weaknesses are known - halves and forward depth. By all means look for lower grade talent and see who steps up this year but let those who want out and those who don't make the grade go and spend the money to round out the side.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i think dogs need only 2 major signing, a prop (maybe webb/lima/blair) and a 2nd rower to replace matuai, i would throw alot to get pritchard or tupou. i would not keep armit/hickey and blood kite and laeno for next year. the backs i would have this for our backline for our future
1. patten
2.pure/nani
3.wini
4.penehoe
5.idris
6.roberts
7.barba
9.sulli
14.groom
not much experience there but plenty of speed to burn and plenty of muscle.
slowly slowly these kids must be blooded into first grade and no better opportunity in this year cause its our so called re-building phase

A

A_C

3 big buys and that is it - a winger, a halfback and a prop.

btw with all that money could you imagine how many pairs of shoes i could buy? give me the money if you don't want it?

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would rather have a centre, prop, halfback

Lima
Cooper
Halfback??

matodorx

SNAAAAAAAKE!!!
Reaction score
3 big buys and that is it - a winger, a halfback and a prop.

btw with all that money could you imagine how many pairs of shoes i could buy? give me the money if you don't want it?
Could not agree more,we really need to focus on putting in proven talent ,the players we currently have at these positions just are'nt getting it done.
We might have even more cash if the Rene Maitua story in the paper today is to be believed,if you want to leave Rene good riddance.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think dogs need only 2 major signing, a prop (maybe webb/lima/blair) and a 2nd rower to replace matuai, i would throw alot to get pritchard or tupou. i would not keep armit/hickey and blood kite and laeno for next year. the backs i would have this for our backline for our future
1. patten
2.pure/nani
3.wini
4.penehoe
5.idris
6.roberts
7.barba
9.sulli
14.groom
not much experience there but plenty of speed to burn and plenty of muscle.
slowly slowly these kids must be blooded into first grade and no better opportunity in this year cause its our so called re-building phase

if Matuia leaves we should throw money at Tupou. He would be an even better replacement and he is an animal. He is definitely worth the cash.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
tupou is a machine as is pritchard. i also like faaoso, teo from the tigers. the are also all polynesian hence why i wanted kearney as coach and he would of attracted these gun players to us.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tupou is a machine as is pritchard. i also like faaoso, teo from the tigers. the are also all polynesian hence why i wanted kearney as coach and he would of attracted these gun players to us.
lets not forget dymock is poly.but our backrow is good just need a leader in the front row to bring the young big boppers in.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id rather we

a) Not rush in to buy anyone we can at any cost
b) Wait for the RIGHT player instead
c) BE PATIENT, there is bugger all players talking with clubs for after this year yet
d) Stop starting threads about buying players every 5 minutes

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the dogs throw money at Tupou. Seriously he is a machine. Please dogs sign him up. Then Matuia can rack off.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooker, centre, half back, winger, and prop for me thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.