We may never see this likes of this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Chris Andersen was quoted recently talking about Bulldogs. Belmore got mentioned and he said a few words that have rung in my head ever since : "Winning is in the walls of that place."

I have the benefit of three decades of support behind me. I know our history well. I've witnessed it all from the front lines of being a fan. It's no surprise to me that since returning to Belmore we've had a reversal of fortunes.

What IS surprising is the manner in which we've delivered it : THREE MINOR PREMIERSHIPS !!!

Just STOP whatever you're thinking about right now and pause to soak that sh*t in .... take a deep breath in, feel it in your lungs, exhale ... now repeat after me : Minor Premiers in ALL three grades. :becky:

It's NEVER happened in my lifetime before.
I always wondered if we'd do it one day.
Now it's here ... :thumb:

I've been a fan for a little over 30 years. Like you, it's in the veins. I know some of you reading this will have been fans for as little as 5 years, or as long as 60 years. I'm smiling because I get to share this momentous feat with all of you. There are 100,000+ Bulldogs fans around the country all beaming with pride just like us.

Our last 10 years has been an endurance test.
We've endured ills that would have killed off a lesser club.

Somehow, after the dark, dark days of yesteryear.... the planets have aligned, the football gods have forgiven us, and here in 2012 we find ourselves on the verge of rugby league immortality.

You really have to pause to reflect to get the magnitude of it all : It's taken this long to achieve this feat once. We may never see the likes of this again.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is quite the achievenment overall. Let the boys have their fun for the day.

Monday we get serious. Cause getting over Manly is going to be a BEAST!

Grubber

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well said CK

I'm also a 30 year veteran & this year is more special mainly to do with the way we won the MP. I can't recall over the years the manner we won most of our games...... Most of our tries will make the highlight reel this year for sure!

The achievement has actually sunk-in this morning, to wake up this morning on fathers day & to explain to my kids we are now MP for 2012 in all 3 grades [don't really think they are understand the difference between minor premiers & actually being premiers].

Our achievements this year is a testament to our club & everyone associated to it. We now have the chance of repaying our thanks by simply doing our part- turning up next friday in droves & make Manly realise they also have the doggies supporters to contend with- no reason why we can't get 50K next week

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well said mate!

I have said its so many times this year and I will say it again "Its a great time to be a Bulldog"

I don't think we have witnessed so much domination throughout the whole club from administration to team performance that we have seen this year.

Love this feeling!

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
It was good to see a few kids in that Team photo of winning the JJ Giliton..

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice thread. :grinning:

32 years here.

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CHAMPION POST!

Well said, agree agree agree. Loved the tingles it sent down my spine aswell!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imagine what life will be like after the semis if we choke? Lets just hope we make the most of this once in a lifetime chance.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Chris Andersen was quoted recently talking about Bulldogs. Belmore got mentioned and he said a few words that have rung in my head ever since : "Winning is in the walls of that place."

I have the benefit of three decades of support behind me. I know our history well. I've witnessed it all from the front lines of being a fan. It's no surprise to me that since returning to Belmore we've had a reversal of fortunes.

What IS surprising is the manner in which we've delivered it : THREE MINOR PREMIERSHIPS !!!

Just STOP whatever you're thinking about right now and pause to soak that sh*t in .... take a deep breath in, feel it in your lungs, exhale ... now repeat after me : Minor Premiers in ALL three grades. :becky:

It's NEVER happened in my lifetime before.
I always wondered if we'd do it one day.
Now it's here ... :thumb:

I've been a fan for a little over 30 years. Like you, it's in the veins. I know some of you reading this will have been fans for as little as 5 years, or as long as 60 years. I'm smiling because I get to share this momentous feat with all of you. There are 100,000+ Bulldogs fans around the country all beaming with pride just like us.

Our last 10 years has been an endurance test.
We've endured ills that would have killed off a lesser club.

Somehow, after the dark, dark days of yesteryear.... the planets have aligned, the football gods have forgiven us, and here in 2012 we find ourselves on the verge of rugby league immortality.

You really have to pause to reflect to get the magnitude of it all : It's taken this long to achieve this feat once. We may never see the likes of this again.
Stirring words my Captain. Beaming is not the word. I'm now 53 years old. My parents are Bankstown people. I was born into the Berries Family, later to become my Beloved Bulldogs. I sat on the hill at Belmore and hunted autographs as a kid (wish I still had them now). The pride I feel now is..... well I can't find the word for it right now... I am a true believer that to support a football team, or any team for that matter, you have to sit through the bad, and we have had some really bad stuff happen in the club. Now, because of the good times we have experienced over the past 10 months, I can appreciate it a lot more, A LOT MORE. The storm clouds are gone. The light has arrived. It is our time, our place, together forever.

BUT....... the job is only half done. As Ennis stated, three more games, and then the real celebrations can begin on that last Sunday of September.

Tomorrow, as I head off to work, I will quietly return my mine to the game against Manly, and just forget for a little while what happened on this First Day of Spring 2012.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank Todd Greenberg and the entire club for the most enjoyable season in so many years. What are we to do from October to March? The thought scares me.

simooo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nice post mate. It's a great feeling. Let's hope they can take it all the way.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice thread. :grinning:

32 years here.
32 years for me also, although Phil Blake almost got me to defect to woManly in '82-3, he was a real excitement machine like Benny Barba is now, so glad I didn't as I hate them so much now.

I don't think there are too many times that I have been more proud of the club. The way we perform on the field is matched off the field also. We have integrity in the things we do in house and out there in the community.

I would be a fitting result for the club to win at least 2 out of the 3 grand finals. Everyone involved deserves the rewards for such a incredible year.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
An unbelievable season. Lets hope we go all the way. I have faith!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1 NRL premiership > The Minor premiership cleansweep

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a special time in this club at the moment.But I'd like to think from this morning its down to business.Manly will be one massive obstacle and I believe Des holds the key for the preparation of the players in key roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.