We just don’t have the team

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who say we don’t have the team absolute rubbish.
I have said all along that the Bulldogs can win the comp in 2024 and I’m holding steady.
The law of averages will kick in
and that thing called luck will swing our way ,we need to just tweek a couple of things and we can score even more points and nail our chances.
27 rounds people not 6 .
Enjoy the ride this is gonna be a ripper.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are so used to losing and losing badly when the squad does well we can't really believe it.
This is a top-eight team (if everyone stays healthy) make no mistake, maybe not a premiership-winning team at present but the way they are playing definitely a top-eight team.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes me sick reading these people posting after literally blasting us and the “ assistant “ the worst fans are on here I swear
just keep turning up bro, like our players are starting to, that's all you can do, the bleating will probably never stop in here.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My theory is that Ciro is trying something a little new, not entirely new.

Using wing and centres to run early one outs and have a lighter faster pack. Both together means our forwards do less work and are fitter meaning they miss less tackles and have more impact late in games.

This is a mix of 3 peat Panthers and Cronk/slater storm.

Panthers changed the game using early kicks and wingers to run the ball when forwards normally do. Hence To'o runs for hundreds of metres a game and they seem to run down hill at the end of games and rolled the Broncos last year late.

This means their forwards do less work than other packs and they can stay big and use Leota and Fisher Harris less but for more impact.

Storm used a lighter pack and a sliding defence to have more defenders in the middle than other teams and force teams to try score on the wings against big wings and centres.

Ciraldo is sliding the defence and using Kiraz, Addo-Carr, etc. to run massive metres. This leaves our forward pack with much more energy late in games and means we can spread the ball through forwards constantly in attack and have better technique in defense all the way to the end of games.

This explains why we went better against storm than expected. They couldn't tire us out. The classic Papenhuyzen/Munster/Hughes run to test the forward pack never worked. The forwards were switched on and didn't let Storm roll like they do against bigger packs that break down through the middle.

Point being: Ciraldo is trying to change the game.

We didn't go hard for massive forwards in the offseason, because Ciraldo doesn't want them.

We might not be ready to hunt for a title yet. But the list might be closer to finished than you think.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
I like this theory, and it makes sense. Unusual for TK.

luke.thmpsn

Waterboy
Reaction score
I like this theory, and it makes sense. Unusual for TK.
If I'm right:

Look for us to struggle early against big pack teams like raiders, Eels etc. but come home really strong against them.

We'll throw the ball around a lot to make use of the faster forwards. So we'll be much better in the dry than wet.

We'll try keep the ball in play as long as possible. Kick bombs more often than long and low to keep the ball in play for longer stretches and force opposing forwards to run back.

It'll be a fitness and wrestle over power strategy to make use of all the 6 against and short kickoff rules that keep the pace high and tire out the big boppers.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On that note, where is old soft serve dreaming?

Haven't seen the kent since he was sin binned (not that I'm complaining)
That knob will be on the Dolphins fan page now, telling everyone on there, that Averillo is garbage and that's why CC and Gus got rid of him and how Bennett has no idea about coaching

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On that note, where is old soft serve dreaming?

Haven't seen the kent since he was sin binned (not that I'm complaining)
TBF be pretty hard to show your face in the joint when every word that every came out of his shit dribbling mouth has been proven to be a lie or just completely wrong.

Last edited:

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought our signings were solid NRL players who would improve the attitude and mentality of the team.
i said to friends we will win 10 games this year. 2025 is more likely the year we break into the 8. We are still light in the forwards and as you saw against Souths and Melbourne a game manager would have won us those games.
we need these things to return to finals.
I believe O’Neill should be playing 7 at some stage this year. There’s certainly no point staying with Hutchinson and there’s probably no point with Sexton.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I have said all along that the Bulldogs can win the comp in 2024 and I’m holding steady.
and that thing called luck will swing our way ,we need to just tweek a couple of things and we can score even more points and nail our chances.
27 rounds people not 6 .
*spiritfingers*

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anything less than top 4 is a failure. So we are well on track for another failed season

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like it or not we simply don’t have the talent and experience to be a contender this year I this the majority will admit that. So what do we as supporters hope for???

I’ll be honest and say if we finish top twelve we are doing better than I thought. Our players just aren’t good enough. We have a rookie coach. And a hard draw to start the year.

But I’m surprised. I thought we would be lucky to win a game against the Titans. And would be happy with one win going into the bye. Now I think we should beat Newcastle easily.
It’s amazing what a coach can do.

We could make the finals with our attitude.

My question is. How different is your thoughts on the team now compared to the start of the year?
I always expectedd an improvement. This season is the second in a 5 year deal and plan to get the Dogs competing. The evidence showed that we had changed as a club in intensity of training, professionalism, attitude and culture so things had to get better.

We are probably where we should be for the 2nd year of a 5 year plan. In some ways we have exceeded expectations considering we have completely changed the team from a couple of years ago and have so many new combos. I think buying a number of utilities was a smart idea and this helped the transition.

Not many superstars but just hard working players with a good attitude and that has always been what the Dogs are about. We use to chase big names and it often backed fired as their hearts were not in it. Now it means something to play for the Dogs again.

We still have a couple of pieces to put in place such as establishing a good half and a couple of dominant props. Thats been hard due to lack of quality on the market. I am glad in a way that we pulled out of the Fanua Blake deal as I think we can develop a prop and half and it will be better in the end.

Sam Hughes is a start and we also have Fifita who I think can become our dominant mids. We also have 6 or so mids in our Prop academy coming through. The same with the halves in Oloapu, Woods and Conti.

So once again we are cultivating Bulldogs and this is what will win us another comp in the end. We have seen the results in the lower grades and now this has to filter through to the top grade. Its just going to take a bit but things can only get better.

I predict that we will be competitive enough to make the 8 in the second half of the season but whether we are in the position to make it is another story. We need to win against the Knights at home to keep that alive. I reckon the team knows this and will lift.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
27 rounds people not 6 .
I hope you aren't taking the piss djdeep...
If you aren't, It is the right attitude !!!