We have a long history against woman? Simple fact checking.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Why is the media so against our team?
Because it's profitable to be so ...... some redneck behind a desk, with a half-baked theory, from a half-baked contact, makes some sensationalist claim and like an army of lemmings people in their thousands rush to buy a copy of that tabloid in order to "find out what's going on" .... For generations the rugby league populus has been conditioned to rely on the media as "the source" of news.

And no-one .... NO-ONE, buys more copies of newspapers than people outraged against the Bulldogs.

We've been a powerhouse for decades. When 2002 happened every man and his dog who didn't like us, or envied us, came to dance on our graves.

When 2004 happened, there they were again ready to burn us at the stake, calling "kick them out of the comp".

We've endured. We've survived. We're been revived to the old days where we're contenders regularly, again.

2002-2004 must have been the glory days for media. They've been white-anting us and niggling away ever since trying to reproduce the same "circus of hate for profit" ... and they damn near got it after the GF last year too, with their hidden cameras, helicopters and microphones pointed at windows.

ffs this thread reminds me of the epic noad press release and the war of 2005 which even led to wilson apologising for going too far

tbh i feel like a japanese soldier hiding in the jungle for 30 years and nobody has told me yet that the war is over and japan surrendered

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4688

back when the bulldogs ceo had balls (attacking greenberg not the new woman :p)
WOW !!! ..... Good read. Good bump.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
yeah noad really went to war for us if you remember, lawsuits, mediawatch involved, telecrap resorting to attacking a noad vacation, rebecca wilson apologising unreservedly, telecrap holding a grudge

the great thing about it was mostly everyone was on our side because everyone hated that paper

also the attitude that everyone loved from the team, backs against the wall us against the world, that came straight from the top

these days backs against the wall has turned into hands against the wall bend over and take it up the ass (except from our major sponsor, please everyone shop from jaycar)

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
NSW/ST George
2004 - Gasnier sacked for sending leaving lwed messages on a girls phone.

haha best texts ever
---- where the ---- are ya? There's four toey humans in a cab. Twenty to four outside ---- (inaudible) ---- ready to spurt sauce. And you're in bed. ---- me, fire up you sad ----."

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
NSW/ST George

haha best texts ever
---- where the ---- are ya? There's four toey humans in a cab. Twenty to four outside ---- (inaudible) ---- ready to spurt sauce. And you're in bed. ---- me, fire up you sad ----."
lmao but was it a text or voicemail?, you cant have an inaudible word:p

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
yeah noad really went to war for us if you remember, lawsuits, mediawatch involved, telecrap resorting to attacking a noad vacation, rebecca wilson apologising unreservedly, telecrap holding a grudge

the great thing about it was mostly everyone was on our side because everyone hated that paper

also the attitude that everyone loved from the team, backs against the wall us against the world, that came straight from the top

these days backs against the wall has turned into hands against the wall bend over and take it up the ass ...
It's weird looking back to those days for me. I had my head firmly buried in the sand like an ostrich with other life matters and totally missed the fun.

I stopped buying papers in 2002. Didn't discover internet until 2003. Lurked here infrequently between 2006-2008, before I finally found inspiration to post as we plummeted towards wooden spoon infamy.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he changed the perception from 2009 moving forward, but he legitimised the telegraph hack journalism regarding coffs harbour by going to them and asking for peace

its a complete departure from noad who banned the telegraph from speaking to the players, that sort of combative nature at least forced journalists to check themselves
Noads combative techniques, while funny at times, were not helpful. You admit that perception is everything but refuse to concede that antagonising the media, who can alter the publics perception, is counter productive.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ffs this thread reminds me of the epic noad press release and the war of 2005 which even led to wilson apologising for going too far

tbh i feel like a japanese soldier hiding in the jungle for 30 years and nobody has told me yet that the war is over and japan surrendered

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4688

back when the bulldogs ceo had balls (attacking greenberg not the new woman :p)
Thanks for that history lesson. Beautiful stuff.

Bullies, hypocrites and liars (Wilson - she of the perpetual moral high ground, despite several drink driving arrests) need undermining early and often. That letter is a cracker.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Noads combative techniques, while funny at times, were not helpful. You admit that perception is everything but refuse to concede that antagonising the media, who can alter the publics perception, is counter productive.
no im mocking greenberg when i say perception is everything, thats his belief

though for the sake of arguing standing up for yourself can also alter the public's perception

greenberg if he was more aggressive after the azopardi situation unfolded, he would have embarrased nine and that story wouldn't ever be brought up again

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSW/ST George

haha best texts ever
bahaha that still cracks me up! Funny who gasnier now works for :D

Choc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sharks by far have the worst record with violence against women.
Tavita Latu punched a girl in the face and broke her eye socket.
Isaac Gordon punched his mrs and was banned by the nrl for 8 games. Similar to the Robert lui case.
what upsets me is that they have this poor record with women and now also with this drug scandal and have never been fined for bringing the game into disrepute. If this was the dogs they would have coped another massive fine. Even manly got fined with the Brett Stewart saga. There is no consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.