We got reffed out of the game!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree with everything you say. I had hope for Ogden and Atoni but I am coming to the conclusion that they are not up to first grade, and Napa is finished. We need an enforcer but can’t see any on the horizon. It’s going to be a long year, the only way is up.
We should have tried to sign James Tamou tbh... The only FRF off contract in 2021 that I would sign are Eddie Blacker and Francis Molo... Not much to choose from we really need to try entice one of JWH / Taupau to break their contracts and play 1-2 years for us upfront with Thompson

Last edited:

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think Barrett should get off scott free after last nights result. In a training video Barrett clearly encouraged young players to push the envelope in the ruck. With the new rules I would probably lean the other way. Our players were clearly laying over tackled players too long. Jacko included. Pushing for that extra second isn't worth the consequences with the new rules and doesn't give biased referees an opportunity. If we defend like that against Penrith it will be demoralizing.
Hope it's not another dire year.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett is good at understanding the speed of the play the ball on attack and all that but I don’t think defensive structure and the greatest picture is his forte.
I think he is a good attacking coach, a decent recruiter but not a great full coach.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blame the prick who hit Sutton with the bottle v Souths we've paid ever since
You're right. If ever there was a case for cursing someone and also giving them a medal at the same time, then that would be it.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa played hardly any minutes. Pay used him far more efficiently the past 2 seasons than Baz did tonight. Baz is a worry after tonight. Trying to re-invent the wheel.
Think that tells you Napa is not in Barrett's long term plans.If you're not a realistic chance of winning a premiership why wouldn't you give more minutes and experience to other players who you're either assessing or who will be around and less to Napa who is useless anyway and likely to be shipped off if a deal could be done.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is one of the best forwards we have, and an origin and Australian Prop....so take your argument up with the selectors and coaches.
Since when is he a current Aus rep player? Probably got a couple of token selections initially on the back of being on the bench of a strong Roosters forward pack. Only picked on the bench for Qld due to previous seasons where they lacked quality forward depth. At the end of the day the guy is crap and for us a huge waste of $650k per season.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, it all started with Bill Harrigan. He took a dislike to us early on & we haven't been in the good books since. It has been going on THAT long.
I remember that, he hated us and always favoured Brisbane and Canberra especially, who basically had State of Origin and Australian teams. Graham Annesly was a great ref who I had a lot of respect for. Didn't play favourites and we always got a fair run with him.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
forget about the set restarts and the cover up by giving some free ones to us, the smoking gun is the slap out ruled as a knock on
Yes that frustrated me also. Yet when we slapped it out it was a knock on against us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You learn more from a bad loss than a good win...

Also.
Though we played badly and made silly errors they should scrap the restart, it's too easy for a ref to determine the outcome of a game without any real scrutiny till after the game...
Also it "hides" the bad refs.

Whether that be incompentency or corrupt or vendetta or unconscious bias.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I remember that, he hated us and always favoured Brisbane and Canberra especially, who basically had State of Origin and Australian teams. Graham Annesly was a great ref who I had a lot of respect for. Didn't play favourites and we always got a fair run with him.
Very different under his oversight Admin now tho unfortunately.

"Graham Annesly was a great ref who I had a lot of respect for. Didn't play favourites and we always got a fair run with him".

Might be another apology from him in his Monday presser. Who knows.

Big deal. Monday apology doesn't help on the field, at the game.

Reactions: DT

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think Barrett should get off scott free after last nights result. In a training video Barrett clearly encouraged young players to push the envelope in the ruck. With the new rules I would probably lean the other way. Our players were clearly laying over tackled players too long. Jacko included. Pushing for that extra second isn't worth the consequences with the new rules and doesn't give biased referees an opportunity. If we defend like that against Penrith it will be demoralizing.
Hope it's not another dire year.
We do appear to get "tangled up" in tackles.

There's often at least one player lying on the ground waiting for the ball to be cleared of the ruck and therefore out of the defensive line. Been happening for a while.

Forwards are too small and not dynamic runners or dominate defenders.

Reactions: DT

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The refereeing was bad, really bad, and didn't help. But we were our own worst enemies also. I'm sure a certain amount of it is so many new players trying to blend into a cohesive unit. That will improve once they get more games together.

On a side note, the gleeful bias of the Fox commentary was nauseating.
Blocker is probably still pissed over T Lamb smashing of the pearl. That game took me through the full range of emotions hope, anxiety, and frustration.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It seems impossible to be able to accurately apply the 6 again rule for 80 mins. To much interpretation required, and only a cheering home crowd for confirmation. Id expect the ratio of home ground winners to increase in 2021.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Blocker is probably still pissed over T Lamb smashing of the pearl. That game took me through the full range of emotions hope, anxiety, and frustration.
Blocker was so prejudiced it was embarrassing (for him)...but we are used to it.

When you are down, it's a long climb up to popularity and respect.

We will get there.

baz

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't like the 6 to go because it gives the ref avenue to manage the game.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time and time again the ref could be heard calling off our defenders the moment a Knight hit the ground or came to a standstill, when he called held when our blokes had the ball he consistently allowed Newcastle to take our bloke to the ground after the call. It is typical Cummins, you can see the same thing in neutral games. The team he isn't calling straight out of the tackle inevitably wins.
It's exactly what the game chiefs want now ,control of the outcome of games which is what every rule they include does it's a joke

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its been happening for years, were always on the wrong end
Because we have been a shit team that hasn’t had enough points in us and any ref mistake was back breaking. That’s on the team being able to find a way when things aren’t going their way. It’s just piss weak blaming the ref.