Opinion We are incapable of winning

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at the the last 3 games that we’ve played.. we started off horribly in all three games and then we got ourselves back into the game and scored a decent amount of points in doing so but we literally handed the opposition the win straight after getting ourselves back into the game in all 3 because we don’t know how to win literally, its as if we don’t believe we can win so we just do some dumb shit on purpose like the Vaughn offload right on their line and then they score from it…. Never in my life have I ever seen a group of individuals so incapable of winning.. it’s staggering… I think we the fans need to know why a group of professional athletes are incapable of winning a game

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will win a least another 4 games this year.
We couldn’t even beat a reserve grade team! Let alone win another 4.

We lost to the Knights and we fell for a fucking Frawley dummy (I’ll never let that go) and Elliott at 9

We just don’t have the discipline, attack and defence to win games.

We’re so fucking slow and it shows, we couldn’t even get out of their 40 yesterday

The Averillo pass and cause him to make an error is what frustrated me. It’s not even tackle 1 hold the fucking ball why did you need to pass

Too many errors with this side and it’s so fucking frustrating to watch

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overall you are right and the other thing we need to realise is teams that keep losing forget how to win. I think we also need a coach that hates to lose. We need a bit of fire both on the field and off the field and might see some differences in our future success.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We lost to the Knights and we fell for a fucking Frawley dummy (I’ll never let that go) and Elliott at 9

We’re so fucking slow and it shows, we couldn’t even get out of their 40 yesterday

The Averillo pass and cause him to make an error is what frustrated me. It’s not even tackle 1 hold the fucking ball why did you need to pass

We didn't play a reserve grade standard team last night. The Panthers would have beaten the majority of the comp with their team last night.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon there's a mental block there. As they say, winning (and losing) becomes a habit. Let's put things in perspective though. We were in a position to beat the best team in the comp at their home ground. Sure they were without their regular halves and lock, but they still had a very good team, and we were missing a handful of players too. For a team that had major disruptions (Avo to fullback, Allan first game of the year, and several other changes) they did alright. Now, the way we lost was infuriating and frustrating, but that's what lesser teams do.

In saying all of that, thank god we have Burton and JAC, or we'd be nowhere near a chance of winning last night. One of the major challenges this season has been personnel disruptions. Barrett changed the halves a few times. The forward pack has had various make ups, and the backline has had numerous changes. Only the very best teams can handle all that, and even those can struggle. Just look at Storm when they had to play Seve and Ieremiah. They were bad.

Even though we were in the match last night, I felt like it was an assignment to watch. I really didn't want to, because I knew disappointment was coming, and it did. But I'm glad I watched because there was a lot to like tbh. Well, mainly our left edge. We definitely need a proper halfback because Flange adds nothing.

When you consider how challenged half our team is, it's not a bad result tbh. It's just a matter of settling on a 17 and sticking with them. So far in only a few weeks, Potter has done magic ;-) really, to at least put us in the contest. All they need to do is fix the defence and discipline.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We start every game poorly . Very poorly. We do some nice things in patches but then the negatives always outweigh the positives = resulting in losses.

The coaching needs to be better. The players need to be accountable . I remember Hasler used to do such a good job in getting the boys to turn up. We haven’t had that in a long time

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see it happening. If it does, against who? We couldn't even beat raiders, dragons, knights or tigers.
Warriors, Tigers, Titans and Knights are all potential wins. We've already beaten Roosters and Cows with someone that can't coach at the helm. Potter WILL get the side winning.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Warriors, Tigers, Titans and Knights are all potential wins. We've already beaten Roosters and Cows with someone that can't coach at the helm. Potter WILL get the side winning.
Let's be honest, we fluked a win against the cows and cocks when they were well out of form and played worse than we did.

We could easily be 0-13 now

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats what get me, if you lack skill then fair enough, but some of these players have the lowest football IQ.
Jake has been in 1st grade for 3 years now and seriously he is getting dumber each season.
His 1st possession when he covered the kick was good but then why did he run down the touch line on a wet slippery night?
Step back in and take you medicine. We were in decent field position.
Then after the break on tackle 1 why does he try and pass?
In both cases the Panthers scored.
The lack of IQ is what drives me the most insane.
I also think some of these players are just losers, on the pitch that is, not in real life lol.
All they know is losing, like Jake, JMK, Luke Thompson, RFM, Schoupp. Thats all they know - losing.