Opinion Watson heleta

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you actually watched much of mounties this year? Or is this just your opinion on how his defense may be?
I have only missed 1 local game and most I have been there in person and of course it is just my opinion, so not worth much.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The issues I see with Heleta, aside from his height and reach, are a relative lack of outright pace for a winger, acceleration, lateral movement and he’s slow to turn and chase. As a result his defence is, to be frank, not that great. He is stocky and quite strong and goes through or under a lot of defence. There are reasons why at 26 (next month) he hasn’t cracked a regular NRL gig.

Always a Bulldog
Are you talking about Hopoate with this description?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To’o is suspect under the high ball. Queensland just didn’t exploit it enough in Origin I club sides are already kicking to his side more as he is out jumped by most other wingers or drops the ball in the contest. It also means that the defence can be a decent line if he takes the 3rd hit up
How many points are scored on him then? Staines’ side still concedes more points and QLD didnt do anything:
Every player will have pros and cons and your team just adapts and to those. Okunbor is still ahead of Heleta in the pecking order anyway.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have only missed 1 local game and most I have been there in person and of course it is just my opinion, so not worth much.

Always a Bulldog
Fair enough. I have been pushing his case all year, he is a beast! He would provide what we so badly lack from our back 5, good go forward, momentum, and tackle busting runs. If the players around him can scramble well enough, as they did for Utai in the past, then it makes his weakness less of a team vulnerability. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion.