Was Ciraldo really the Penrith defensive coach?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Our defence is the best it’s been in years. Our goal line defence holds up well and in general play the line looks tight.

The only time we look shakey is after an injury/reshuffle or simply poor individual with bad defensive reads ie Okunber…

I’m impressed the amount of restarts/penalties against us but we show up time and time to turn them away.

Some of these penalties are unbelievable. It’s like a memo has gone out from NRL management to smash us…probably in response to Gus constantly embarrassing them in the media.
You do know we have the worst defence officially? On top of the 2nd worst attack.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Name one team that has 11 players from its first grade team out that will win the comp?
Ask CC, he said it, not me.

Our shit spine is worse than our injuries.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This exactly. A centre who is in the team purely for his attacking speed was just a passenger. You could understand a middle forward staying on to be a big body for short hit ups and tackles, but to carry Averillo for so much of the game was a really strange decision, wouldn’t have changed the result but strange nonetheless.
One of the stupidest coaching decisions i've seen in 50 years of watching footy. No other NRL coach leaves a player out there on one leg for so many minutes. Absolutely pathetic.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jac
Kikau
Kiraz
Thommo
Pele
Nu brown
That’s a good chunk of our starting 17 out.
Even our back ups are injured. Can’t blame ciro for having to play 3rd string players to make up a team.
We’d be far better at full strength

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Respect to Avo for batteling on, but come on.... heart can only do so much when the body isn't keeping up.

I'd actually have him back in FB if he is fit next week. Perham is a liability and not a FBs arsehole.
This exactly (again). Perham was ordinary today I thought, no threat in attack and made a few errors. Averillo rarely gets space in the centres and that’s when he’s at his best, fullback is clearly his best position and we need to change up our attack with no JAC or now Kiraz for a while.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This exactly (again). Perham was ordinary today I thought, no threat in attack and made a few errors. Averillo rarely gets space in the centres and that’s when he’s at his best, fullback is clearly his best position and we need to change up our attack with no JAC or now Kiraz for a while.
But its not just today with Perham, I can't see what CC sees in him.

Everyone was loving Avo at FB last year...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But its not just today with Perham, I can't see what CC sees in him.

Everyone was loving Avo at FB last year...
random change over the off season and surprised everyone. Averillo isn't the answer either (why we've signed Crichton - who some people also don't think is the answer, I back him atm) but we would of been better off with Averillo there from what we've seen after 7 rounds.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Jac
Kikau
Kiraz
Thommo
Pele
Nu brown
That’s a good chunk of our starting 17 out.
Even our back ups are injured. Can’t blame ciro for having to play 3rd string players to make up a team.
We’d be far better at full strength
The rubbish spine doesn't help either...

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck off ****. Wasn’t he the one to say injuries are no excuse? Wanker
You really are a absolute fruitcake mate. What's he going to do, stand up and say yeh we are no chance with injuries...he's trying to instil some steel in the cattle we have available.
Go and jump in a lake, preferably one infested with crocodiles.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some can’t be serious. Whys it always who do you put the fault on instead of looking at it logically. Kiraz leaves the game early, JAC the week prior, two of our best performers this and last year. Averillo cops an injury he’s taken out the game from that point on.

That’s relating to the game, Kikau tears a pec mid week compiling to the catalogue of injuries were already accustom to. In general if you assessed the comp the only teams with this type of injury toll to the middles, and two best backs wouldn’t be nessecarily thriving. Flannagans sheer incompetence posed the same issue, Perham not as a player but as a key position in fullback compared to the rest of the 16 fullbacks ranks very low.

Okunbor on the wing, error by Ciraldo. Putting Topine and Alamoti together after last week is an error, bringing Reynolds in and Burton to centre would have been my choice. Having a go at Ciraldo is bipolar, we go and beat Cronulla next week everyone’s loves him yet when a lot out of his control happens his thrown under the bus.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really are a absolute fruitcake mate. What's he going to do, stand up and say yeh we are no chance with injuries...he's trying to instil some steel in the cattle we have available.
Go and jump in a lake, preferably one infested with crocodiles.
Big dog you are!!! Touch **** on a keyboard!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Some can’t be serious. Whys it always who do you put the fault on instead of looking at it logically. Kiraz leaves the game early, JAC the week prior, two of our best performers this and last year. Averillo cops an injury he’s taken out the game from that point on.

That’s relating to the game, Kikau tears a pec mid week compiling to the catalogue of injuries were already accustom to. In general if you assessed the comp the only teams with this type of injury toll to the middles, and two best backs wouldn’t be nessecarily thriving. Flannagans sheer incompetence posed the same issue, Perham not as a player but as a key position in fullback compared to the rest of the 16 fullbacks ranks very low.

Okunbor on the wing, error by Ciraldo. Putting Topine and Alamoti together after last week is an error, bringing Reynolds in and Burton to centre would have been my choice. Having a go at Ciraldo is bipolar, we go and beat Cronulla next week everyone’s loves him yet when a lot out of his control happens his thrown under the bus.
It's excuses. Ciraldo could pick an outside back on the bench. Other teams lose wingers and it doesn't affect them as much. It doesn't help obviously but we need to be a lot better. It's getting very boring.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because it was a fukin patella Injury... anybody else I guarantee they play through it and still provide 80%.
What a load of shit